Skip to content

Custom PC & NPC Portraits

Comments

• AstafasAstafas Member Posts: 448

Astafas said:

I opted for the standard skin tone in BG2, but I'm sure you could change it in a minute or two if you want to. :-)

Well, I hope you won't mind that I gave it a go. Her paperdoll skin tone wasn't as pale as the portrait but it looks more... peach-colored and I made her hair more vibrant for personal appeal.
    Go ahead and change whatever you want. :-) I would however start with the portrait I uploaded, as the one used now clearly has all elven eyes (compare my chart or Jaheira vs Aerie).

Also, see my updated files. The added highlights makes her skin paler.

Finally, I normally change colors slightly with EEKeeper. A lot of NPCs have colors that differ from those in the portraits.
    @God Thanks for your feedback, I think my new version (updated above) is an improvement!
    lolienGod
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Does anybody have a decent female gnome portrait? Starting my first bg playthrough with a gnome soon.
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    I don't know your definition of decent, but here's what I've got. 23 female gnomes, IWD sized, but they work in the BG's.

Some samples:

ThacoBellAerakarlolienGirewan
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    edited July 2016
    @BillyYank I suppose I was vague huh? As long as they fit fairly well along side the vanilla portraits. I do like that last one you posted though.
    *edit* Some of these I feel are a little too cartoony, but I really like a few others. Thanks!
    lolien
  • SanctiferSanctifer Member Posts: 104
    edited July 2016
    Astafas said:

EDITED 2016-07-23: Harder highlights and shadow below chin. Thanks for the feedback!

That, sir, is really really AWESOME !

Now, I don't know, maybe there's something to touch on her hair, not sure how to say that in English, but could you make the darker lines of her hair even darker ?
    Not the general tone, just the lines, maybe some contrast, I'm not really sure :)
    Astafas
  • RodrianRodrian Member Posts: 426

I'm adding my voice with the others. . Wonderful Custom Portrait @Astafas ! Really great stuff.
    There is just one thing that I would like you to consider - change the hair color to white :blush:

mf2112AstafasJuliusBorisov
    edited July 2016
    Rodrian said:

I'm adding my voice with the others. . Wonderful Custom Portrait @Astafas ! Really great stuff.
    There is just one thing that I would like you to consider - change the hair color to white :blush:
    >

Her hair should be pink. There are ingames dialogues confirming it. I did make it very light pink though, for which reason I also used softer shadows, like on Viconia's hair (ping @Sanctifer). But anyone is free to change their own downloaded versions, of course. :-)

Using EEKeeper, I've set Neera's hair to 0x99 and her skin to 0x0D.

lolienRodrianSanctiferJuliusBorisov
    Astafas said:

Her hair should be pink. There are ingames dialogues confirming it.

There are? Huh. .
    Welp, that's a huge dissapointment. Another one to my "100% consistent problem within the official art and the content"  list :pensive:
    Astafas
    @Rodrian Well, you should play the game in whatever way brings you the most pleasure, of course. Go ahead and change the hair to white. :-)
    RodrianAerakar
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Rodrian said:

Astafas said:

There are? Huh. .
    Welp, that's a huge dissapointment. Another one to my "100% consistent problem within the official art and the content"  list :pensive:
    When BGEE came out, Neera's hair was actually white. It was after the patch that added extra colors to npc's that her hair changed to pink-ish.
    lolienAstafasButtercheese
    DJKajuru said:

Rodrian said:

Astafas said:

There are? Huh. .
    When BGEE came out, Neera's hair was actually white. It was after the patch that added extra colors to npc's that her hair changed to pink-ish.
    In one dialog, she mentions wild magic magic her hair go pink. I guess that could explain the change.
    ButtercheeseDJKajuru
    My beloved quest companions!
    I have searched for a decent desert-nomadic warrior/rogue portrait (who has been banished from the Anauroch's tribes to Luskan btw.) for too long. . The only one I found usefull, is Prince from Warrior Within:
    Please, help me out and try to suggest some replacement, for the poor Prince is way too much familiar! :confounded:
    DJKajuruRavenslight
  • RavenslightRavenslight Member Posts: 1,609
    @Rodrian said:
    *Practice sketch* by Alikasapoglu, and I might think about giving him a chance for Soap&Glory! 

I bet he cleans up real nice. :)

Thanks for posting, I will have to go look at more of this artist’s work.
    Rodrian
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    I love the skin and eye colours on this one (especially that you left some red in there and stuff), but I do miss the brown leather and the blonde highlights ...
    Troodon80AerakarGod
    edited August 2016
    Maybe do a different shade of brown then? The black leather just makes her look like a literal domina (I am also positive that after all those years on the surface that she doesn't still own her drow garments, in which case I could maybe forgive the S&M look). I dunno :/

PS: Sorry if I am being too demanding :X

Maybe do a different shade of brown then? The black leather just makes her look like a literal domina (I am also positive that after all those years on the surface that she doesn't still own her drow garments, in which case I could maybe forgive the S&M look). I dunno :/

PS: Sorry if I am being too demanding :X

I think you'll have to continue on your own in that case - I'm heading for bed here, as it's after midnight.
    Buttercheeselolien
    OH MY GOD, the first one, IT'S PERFECT.
    Love love love it!
    Sanctifer said:

Something like these ?
    ... and yeah, purple/brown/blonde, I agree it's not a great combination ^^

The yellow in her hair is - as far as I can tell - reflections from the yellow cape. When changing the color of the cape, the yellow reflections no longer makes sense.
    SanctiferGodlolien