Skip to content

[MOD] BGII:EE - Unofficial Item Pack

Comments

• EdvinEdvin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,244
    Done.

I removed all the abilities that prevents from being hasted.
    Firecam Plate, Ring of Free Action, Flail of Ages+5 and Ixil's Spike +6

Moreover, I got the idea for a new robe for evil mage.
    New update will be today.
    osmosysMateoFrozen
    Version 2.7:

Reworked free action

and

- Kangaxx's robe
    Ravenslightlolien
  • Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    Hi Edvin,

Did you ever fix the +1 crossbow bolts for identifying? I reinstalled this mod (latest version) and I get the crash when trying to identify the crossbow bolts in Irenicus dungeon.
    Nevermind. Turns out I did not have the latest version. I downloaded 2.7 and it works now. Sorry about the false report.
  • ALuM99ALuM99 Member Posts: 2
    Not all of these are end game items but it would be nice to have a little more in the way of choice. so id like to see these items added if you have the time. I apologize ahead of time if these have already been mentioned and turned down.

1.) medal of valor
    2.) lons amulet
    3.) raconteurs regalia
    4.) rhino beetle plate
    5.) the nights embrace+3
    6.) corinths bow
    7.) bracers of the shattered lid
    8.) astral crossbow+2
    9.) blood red ioun stone
    10.) spell breaker+2
    11.) glimmer of hope+2
    12.) ring of purity
    13.) fractal blade+3
    14.) vexation+2
    15.) firefly+2
    16.) reed of echoes
    17.) crimson dawn+2
  • ALuM99ALuM99 Member Posts: 2
    the scarlet katana doesnt seem to usable on my swashbuckler 10/mage dual. is that as intended? i was able to use it before the dual as i meet the alignment requirements but after the dual its restricted. celestial fury works fine however.
    Edvin
    ALuM99 said:

the scarlet katana doesnt seem to usable on my swashbuckler 10/mage dual. is that as intended? i was able to use it before the dual as i meet the alignment requirements but after the dual its restricted. celestial fury works fine however.

No, that wasn't my intention. I will fix it.
    ALuM99 said:

Not all of these are end game items but it would be nice to have a little more in the way of choice. so id like to see these items added if you have the time. I apologize ahead of time if these have already been mentioned and turned down.

1.) medal of valor
    2.) lons amulet
    3.) raconteurs regalia
    4.) rhino beetle plate
    5.) the nights embrace+3
    6.) corinths bow
    7.) bracers of the shattered lid
    8.) astral crossbow+2
    9.) blood red ioun stone
    10.) spell breaker+2
    11.) glimmer of hope+2
    12.) ring of purity
    13.) fractal blade+3
    14.) vexation+2
    15.) firefly+2
    16.) reed of echoes
    17.) crimson dawn+2

I do not plan to transfer completely all items from SoD but I check items on your list once again.
    Perhaps I overlooked something.
    HI Edvin,

Not sure is you meant this, but the ring of arcane clumsiness works great on non-magic users as they don't suffer the negative effect, but get an AC boost. Shouldn't this ring be restricted to Arcane casters?

Great mod!

HI Edvin,

Not sure is you meant this, but the ring of arcane clumsiness works great on non-magic users as they don't suffer the negative effect, but get an AC boost. Shouldn't this ring be restricted to Arcane casters?

Great mod!

Non-magic users can use ring, but ring also affects things like laying traps, special powers (for example kai, called shot or offensive spin) bhaalspawn powers and epic powers. Nobody is completely safe. :wink:
  • Maick90Maick90 Member Posts: 52
    Hi! Simply put, is this mod compatible with Enhanced Edition Trilogy mod (EET)?
  • agrisagris Member Posts: 581
    Hi @Edvin!

Interesting mod. Can you briefly talk about how you balanced the abilities and ease of acquisition of these items with the power they confer to the player? Was your intention in making this mod to make BG2 easier?
    edited October 2016
    Maick90 said:

Hi! Simply put, is this mod compatible with Enhanced Edition Trilogy mod (EET)?

It's highly likely, because my mode does not contain anything that could cause problems.
    agris said:

Hi @Edvin!

Interesting mod. Can you briefly talk about how you balanced the abilities and ease of acquisition of these items with the power they confer to the player? Was your intention in making this mod to make BG2 easier?

Not that was not my plan.
    My goal is greater diversity, compensation for unnecessary items and more accuracy with the lore of the world FR.
    Moreover, I began working on a new (optional) game bosses who will pose a real challenge.
    JuliusBorisov
  • SerindasSerindas Member Posts: 10
    Hi Edvin, first of all, great mod. Second, can you add some new weapons upgrade to Cespenar? My idea is to add a new upgrade to the Soul Reaver by using the Heart of the Damned (Bonus from +4 to +5 and a new combat ability: 15% chance with each hit to drain one level from opponent) and also an upgrade to Ir'revrykal by using the Baalor's Claw (Bonus from +5 to +6, damage from 1d10 to 1d12 and a new combat ability: 10% chance of instantly killing an opponent by decapitation with each successful attack). What do you think about?
  • DanTehManDanTehMan Member Posts: 21
    Hi @Edvin,

Thank you for all the effort you've put into this project! I am extremely grateful because it provides access to some of the awesome SoD items that would otherwise barely get used (Tongue of Acid +3 especially). I'm most excited about using the Stalker Gauntlets on my Stalker/Cleric, so I'm thrilled to hear you fixed the backstab multiplier issue. I'm just curious... is the backstab multiplier specific only to the Stalker like it is in SoD or was part of your fix allowing thieves to also benefit from the +1 multiplier? To be honest, I'm really hoping that my Shadowdancer could get the full benefits of using that item. I know that might sound OP, but I would thoroughly enjoy giving him some extra firepower!

Also, I was hoping to make a few suggestions for other possible SoD items to add:

- Crimson Dawn, Fractal Blade and Vexation (@ALuM99 already requested these weapons as well, so I second his request)
    - Cloverleaf (the belt with Luck as an equipped ability)
    - Locket of Embracing (the necklace that gives Clerics/Paladins +1 caster level)

Thanks again for making this all possible!
    DanTehMan said:

I'm just curious... is the backstab multiplier specific only to the Stalker like it is in SoD or was part of your fix allowing thieves to also benefit from the +1 multiplier?

In addition to the file with the item, gloves required special script from SoD.
    I did not notice that when I created them, because "Kit only" was a novelty introduced by SoD.
    Now the gloves work just like in SoD.
    DanTehMan said:

To be honest, I'm really hoping that my Shadowdancer could get the full benefits of using that item. I know that might sound OP, but I would thoroughly enjoy giving him some extra firepower!

In that case, you will be very pleased with one completely new item, which I created and soon will be released... ;)
    DanTehMan said:

- Crimson Dawn, Fractal Blade and Vexation (@ALuM99 already requested these weapons as well, so I second his request)
    - Cloverleaf (the belt with Luck as an equipped ability)
    - Locket of Embracing (the necklace that gives Clerics/Paladins +1 caster level)

Crimson Dawn = Yes
    Fractal Blade = Yes
    Vexation = No (but you get something better)
    Cloverleaf = Probably not (My "Mantle of Waukeen" already has this effect)
    Locket of Embracing = Maybe
    DanTehMan
  • DanTehManDanTehMan Member Posts: 21
    @Edvin - Excellent! Looking forward to the update :)
  • HalcyonHalcyon Member Posts: 56
    Awesome mod, really enjoyed the choices re: Underdark Gourmet component.

Hmm, if I have completed SoA should I have seen the Hourglass of Gond? Wouldn't ask, but I'm a little worried my
    multitude of mods have messed up its appearance...
    Halcyon said:

Hmm, if I have completed SoA should I have seen the Hourglass of Gond? Wouldn't ask, but I'm a little worried my multitude of mods have messed up its appearance...

Boss with Hourglass of Gond is a bit hidden and very easily missable.
    Try read item description (spoiler image on page one) to determine who probably own Hourglass of Gond.
    Yar, it is in fact because of that description that I fear my mod meddling with those characters has caused me to miss it. I'm actually redoing SoA now though, so hopefully I'll run across it in this one.
    Nvm, found it =)
    Edvin
    Halcyon said:

Nvm, found it =)

How was battle? ;)
    I am thinking to do my next bosses even harder.
    Caszidy
  • LoldrupLoldrup Member Posts: 291
    No full 'Item revisions' compatibility yet..?
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Acid Tongue and Key RIng? Yes please!
  • comebackhomecomebackhome Member Posts: 254
    Loldrup said:

I would like to know this also
    edited March 2017

Loldrup said:

I would like to know this also

OK

If I'm not mistaken, only five items is incompatible.
    (Scarlet Katana, Blackmist, Soul Reaver, Handmaiden's Mace, Dark Elven Chain)
    All can be set as an optional installation.
    The rest of my mod is compatible.

Give me a day or two.
    I'll do a few more controls.

P.S.
    It is impossible to create compatibility between mods, which alter the same things.
    Imagine it like when you download two new portraits for Imoen. She cant use both at once.
    Newer installations always overwrites older. And it also causes a mess between texts.
    So for example, no matter what I do, you can not install Item revisions and then instal my Scarlet Katana
    (Well, you CAN do it, but I REALLY don't recommend it)
    lolienMateoFrozencomebackhome
    Ok, It seems that everything is working.
    I will release the new version as soon as I finish a new armors and new items from IWD.
    comebackhome
  • Necroscope86Necroscope86 Member Posts: 79
    Hi Edvin, loving this mod. For the items that are purchasable, I would suggest making them more expensive? I've tweaked them myself in NI to make the Gargoyle Cloak more expensive as its such an awesome item xD. But I suppose pricing comes down to your play tastes, I like to make the game very hard for myself hah. Anyway, this is a fantastic mod. Kudos!
  • RatatoskrRatatoskr Member Posts: 711
    Any word on the new version? I'm planning to start another run fairly soon.
    Ratatoskr said:

Any word on the new version? I'm planning to start another run fairly soon.

I'm afraid that work on all my projects has been suspended due to translation Planescape Torment.
    I'm just one person who makes translations of all the games from Beamdog alone.
    But the full translation will be done in the first half of next week.
    Then I'll work on all my mods again.