Skip to content

Ship Date Delay

Comments

• DecrepitDragonDecrepitDragon Member Posts: 120
    Ah what a strange dichotomy of emotions I'm having.

Firstly, frustrated dissapointment.
    I'm sure I'm not alone when I say I really want to see this game in all its new spangled shiny glory. Now I have to wait even longer . . that just plain bugs.

Secondly, and by far the stronger feeling, edge of my seat anticipation.
    Cramp might set in soon, but I'm more than happy to give the guys time to polish the game. Sure the timing sucks, but at least its for a reason.

Not being privvy to the inside track, nor being aware of all the dev processes still to be finished, I say to you nay sayers, apply patience, then smile as you play a gorgeously polished and classic, genre defining title in all its new fashionable goodness.

I'll try to take my own advice too. :)
    Moira
  • neokarnyneokarny Member Posts: 39
    Right after my birthday, I guess that's the main redeemable part in all this.
  • Vonbek777Vonbek777 Member Posts: 135
    neokarny said:

Right after my birthday, I guess that's the main redeemable part in all this.

November babies unite!

• GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    Cool
  • tOXOPEWtOXOPEW Member Posts: 2
    It's ok, we still love you ;-)
    AndreaColomboMedullaOblongata
  • kilroy_was_herekilroy_was_here Member Posts: 455
    I'm calling it now. In exchange for the delay, we will be getting a 4th new NPC for free at release.

You heard it here first folks. Take it to the bank.
    DragonspearJalily
  • DannyDanny Member Posts: 77
    WTF I have pre-ordered and now there comes the bad news? This is hopefully NOT the beginning of the end. For example Dragon Age 1 top Dragon Age 2 FLOP !!! Be wise!!! So sad...
  • LinkamusLinkamus Member Posts: 221
    I am totally fine with this delay. Take all the time you need to make it perfect I say.
    GodKaiserHell
  • derzynikerderzyniker Member Posts: 2
    That sucks. But you know what would help...how about the character creator. I'm sure I could waste hours of time between now and November rolling and re-rolling my character. And then in Nov we could just jump right in to the adventure.
    Dragonspearpaulsifer42
  • ammmacammmac Member Posts: 5
    we have waited 10 years,another month wont make a difference
    roll on 30th november.
  • freeAgentfreeAgent Member Posts: 5
    I guess I'll have to play one of the many games I've purchased but never had time to play.
    Fake_SketchDragonspearlakridsLekian
  • XevaquorXevaquor Member Posts: 3
    Is it a joke?
  • Tr_ondTr_ond Member Posts: 496
    @Xzar I`m willing to bet it`s easier and quicker to write code from scratch than to fiddle with ancient code that`s fighting back.
    DragonspearLekian
  • cadetdj2cadetdj2 Member Posts: 1
    Okay...REALLY not cool.

I understand the idea behind it and I support the argument for a better final product.

But announcing that the game is delayed by 2 months, literally 4 days away from when we were expecting to be playing it...just poor show.

Thats enough to really p*ss off the most dedicated of fans.

I am disappoint.
    DrunkPunk
  • SmaugSmaug Member Posts: 216
    No biggie, I have several games I can use the fill the time. I'll be happy to play BGEE whenever it's ready. Good luck to Trent and the rest of the team in the coming months, can't wait to play the final product.
  • sandmanCCLsandmanCCL Member Posts: 1,389
    Tr_ond said:

@sandmanCCL i just got gw2 a few days ago and thought i`d pass the time with it, but so far i`ve not seen anything in the game that does not suck. granted i haven`t gotten out of the first map with any toons as i get all full of hate after 3-4 minutes, the engineer is the only one i`ve gotten past lv.3. think he`s lv.7 atm. tried mesmer and elementalist too and meh. Any of the other classes playable?
    Downloading IWD atm, might just stay with that instead as it doesn`t make my blood boil :P

Sorry for the off-topic, go make some meme`s to pass the time until launch people.

It takes a bit of getting used to but once you start gaining other weapon types to experiment with and realize you can't play it like a typical MMO (you pretty much always have to be on the move and timing your abilities to dodge, interrupt, etc. No tank and spanks), it's pretty fun.

Probably isn't for everyone though. I'm enjoying it, and I'm glad I am now that there's no BG:EE to look forward to Tuesday.
    IchigoRXC
  • aldainaldain Member Posts: 303
    I was going to leave some longwinded comment, but after reading (currently) 7 pages, I realized pretty much everything has been said. Start of December fits my schedule better anyway. It's quite possible the scotch I had earlier is making my outlook more rosy though.

The one thing I will say is that I'm quite impressed by the reactions. Usually with something like this, you'd have lethal nerdrage flowing all over the forums. Everyone seems to be taking it really well.

I'm calling it now. In exchange for the delay, we will be getting a 4th new NPC for free at release.

You heard it here first folks. Take it to the bank.

Oh, oh! How about Scratchy Jansen as an adorable, yet lethal Fighter/Illusionist? I love me some turnips.
  • ego1steego1ste Member Posts: 88
    Since you have more time, try to make boxed edition, it would be awesome. And i'm sure people will gladly wait even more if that was the case :)
  • GueulEclatorGueulEclator Member Posts: 175
    edited September 2012
    Lol, they need 3 more month for what? they are taking as much time as a full video game, yet this is barely a big patch with 3 big mods bundled together.
    I cancel my preorder. Fuck this.

I don't like the fact that they tricked us by overhyping their game with an incoming release date, and only at the last minute decide to push it 2 month away. This kind of practice is dishonest.

It's difficult to believe that only 4 days before realize they realize they need 2 more month. I call bullshit.
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    Tr_ond said:

@sandmanCCL i just got gw2 a few days ago and thought i`d pass the time with it, but so far i`ve not seen anything in the game that does not suck. granted i haven`t gotten out of the first map with any toons as i get all full of hate after 3-4 minutes, the engineer is the only one i`ve gotten past lv.3. think he`s lv.7 atm. tried mesmer and elementalist too and meh. Any of the other classes playable?

What do you mean by playable? I've played them all and didn't really have problems with any of them. I'm not saying the game is perfect but I don't think any of its actual issues manifest until you've actually played it for some time, e.g. at least got out of the first starting zone.

What exactly did you find so wrong about GW2 when you played it?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I actually just rolled up a half-elf sorcerer. Did you know that Larloch's Minor Drain has the same casting time as Magic Missile?

*has a new toy to play with*
  • FrozenCellsFrozenCells Member Posts: 385
    I'm not bothered by the delay. Though I would be more pleased if they added more to the game with this extra time.
  • AbsyntheAbsynthe Member Posts: 3
    Thank you. To the devs, the testers, the volunteers, and the people who have to sign off on slipped dates, thank you.
    I am looking forward to getting this game, and I appreciate that you are making this decision in the best interests of myself and the other players in getting our money's worth, and doing justice to a legendary title.
    AndreaColomboMoiraMedullaOblongata
  • RajickRajick Member Posts: 207
    Vonbek777 said:

Played plenty of Icewind Dale rocking my two boys to sleep at 3 am. Just move the rocker to the computer room, put some nice music on, and rock and play away.

yeah probably what will happen lol
  • Kyoshiro80Kyoshiro80 Member Posts: 7
    edited September 2012
    Seriously? We're a few days from release date and now you announce that you need not a few days or heck, even a week for the release but a friggin' 11 weeks?!? I can understand the need for the time, but I find it inexcusable to wait this long to announce that long a need. I expected there to be delay but this close to the release date a couple of days at the most!

Frankly, I feel a bit cheated right now.
    Post edited by Kyoshiro80 on
  • masckmasck Member Posts: 15
    Trent Oster I HATE YOU!
  • GarmGarm Member Posts: 67
    But, but...my holidays just started...

Oh well, as long as the product is more polished I guess that's ok.
This discussion has been closed.