Skip to content

Stop being apologists. Not happy with the delay of the release date.

verdegreenverdegreen Member Posts: 32
edited September 2012 in Archive (General Discussion)
Everyone is saying how great it is that there is a delay. In you heart you know it to be false and you create justifications for why this is okay. Stop being apologists for poor execution. A delay like this should have been seen for weeks now, NOT when release was a mere four days away. If I could I would get my money back; so if you know how I can get it, respond so that I might get my refund.
Post edited by Tanthalas on

Comments

• verdegreenverdegreen Member Posts: 32
    edited September 2012
    That's exactly what I plan on doing with it. BTW, just because its not the end of the world still doesn't make it okay that they post-poned the release 4 days before the actual release. Apologist.
  • ZinodinZinodin Member Posts: 153
    I don't understand why they can't release the game as it is now, and then just have us re-download it again later when they're finished with the updates.

I don't care if I have to start a new game two months from now.

But that's just me. :P I'm cuh-razy like that.
    You are, again, ignoring the fact that it seems morally reprehensible to be delaying a mere four days before the scheduled release date.

Do they have to do it? Whatever, sure. The way they have done it? Really unforgiveable.
  • vorticanvortican Member Posts: 206
    Sleepless nights and screwed up vacations... seems taking a game a little too seriously. Calm down, dudes. It's just a game. It's not even an expensive game.

I'd like to know realistically what people expect to happen given the situation that Beamdog found themselves in. What would you have preferred to happen?
    Once again seems like everyone is willing to just apologize for this. Don't worry guys you're going to get a cool new forum icon for waiting after you pre-ordered it. It's totally going to be worth it.
    Heart? This is a consumer-supplier relationship. Supplier reneges on the expected release date after they have secured the consumers money. Don't expect any pity.
  • ramagonsramagons Member Posts: 96
    Hearts are overrated. If they're so great, how come hospitals keep them in those cheap little coolers on wheels?
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318

...Don't worry guys you're going to get a cool new forum icon for waiting after you pre-ordered it. It's totally going to be worth it.

That's actually pretty funny. :)
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    edited September 2012
    I don't really think it's great the game is delayed, I just don't particularly care. I have plenty of other games to keep me busy, with not enough time to play them really. If I was that eager to play I could just whip out BG Vanilla to play in the mean time. Honestly, I don't think I'd even start playing BGEE right away when it comes out if I am in the middle of another game at that time.
  • vorticanvortican Member Posts: 206

Heart? This is a consumer-supplier relationship. Supplier reneges on the expected release date after they have secured the consumers money. Don't expect any pity.

So go get a refund. They'll give you your money back.

• bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    edited September 2012

Everyone is saying how great it is that there is a delay. In you heart you know it to be false and you create justifications for why this is okay. Stop being apologists for poor execution. A delay like this should have been seen for weeks now, NOT when release was a mere four days away. If I could I would get my money back; so if you know how I can get it, respond so that I might get my refund.

I'm terribly disappointed with the delay and think it totally sucks but I would be even more disappointed if the game shipped and was buggy.

Do you want the game if it isn't finished?

• MrKrisSatanMrKrisSatan Member Posts: 75
    This time last year we're you even thinking about an enhanced and updated version of baldur's gate? So what difference does another month make?
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643

I do agree with this, however. While my personal feeling is apathetic about the whole situation, I do think that Beamdog is in the wrong for postponing their deadline. It's breaking a promise in a way.
    Awong124 said:

I do agree with this, however. While my personal feeling is apathetic about the whole situation, I do think that Beamdog is in the wrong for postponing their deadline. It's breaking a promise in a way.

I couldn't agree more.
    Jean_Luc said:

there's almost certainly a good reason for it which makes waiting it out a better choice than the alternative

How do you know that there is a good reason? You are assuming there is. They never explained why they delayed it; perhaps because, frankly, its not a good reason. Second, what is exactly wrong with the alternative? You don't know and are assuming that there is something wrong with it.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    There's a difference between being an apologist and reading a situation properly - as has already been explained on the other thread, the decision to delay the game wasn't made today. But as with all things concerning this property, making any kind of official announcement required going through more than a few channels. And that took time.

Now, as a consumer, you're right insofar as saying that by not meeting the deadline, Beamdog falls short of its initial objective and that can be perceived as unprofessional. But seeing as how the reason for the delay involves polishing the game further to avoid bugs and add content which - up until now - had been relegated to post-release patches... well, I can't say I'm too bothered, really.
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    Poor communication with the customers is really the issue.