Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• NeverusedNeverused Member Posts: 803
    Is it possible to talk to Jan after you boot him out to send him elsewhere? Or potentially send someone else out to the Copper Coronet? Seems a bit risky to permanently lose a character here for no really spectacular reason...
    CrevsDaakWise_Grimwald
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    Neverused said:

Is it possible to talk to Jan after you boot him out to send him elsewhere? Or potentially send someone else out to the Copper Coronet? Seems a bit risky to permanently lose a character here for no really spectacular reason...

With my set-up you can, but mods affect how this happens. I'm not sure what happens in vanilla as I never used him much.

CrevsDaak
  • aldainaldain Member Posts: 303
    edited November 2016

Is the Imoen XP thing a mod? Or maybe something new in EE v2? I have alway used EE and SCS, and had a run where we spawned her at level 11 with 400k XP. Since then I have taken great pains to show up with average party level 13. But I've also only played EE 1.3.

Which while I'm on the subject, is because my SCS chunk / perma-death resistance doesn't work with EE v2. Anyone else had a similar issue?

--

Also: WOW SCS HARM DOES CRUSHING DAMAGE? That's terrifying. I'm glad I leave it with the default magic damage -> 1hp.

If it's a mod thing, it has to be an undocumented part of SCS (which is unlikely) as that's the only mod I use. I'm fairly certain it didn't exist back in pre-2.0 BG2EE, as I remember arriving in Spellhold and finding same old under-leveled Imoen as always.

Yeah, it deals crushing damage. I guess because nothing is immune to it? Maybe I should have left it with default behaviour instead, but this way I can't be tempted to kill dragons with their 400ish+ HP in a single spell. On the other hand, if some random cleric or druid decides to Harm anyone but Mazzy with Belt of Fortitude active, the results won't be pretty... it'd be an insta-chunk and me raving at the screen.
    Neverused said:

I tried talking to him, but the only options are to recruit him again or leave him stranded. Rather strange, since you can (obviously) ask Imoen to make it out on her own.
    CrevsDaak
    edited November 2016
    Neverused said:

With the BG2 tweaks mod, you can change things. However I am not sure whether it works there or not. The words "if accessible" might be very relevant.

Improved Multi-Player Kick-out Dialogues (Weimer)

This allows you to ask multi-player created NPCs to "wait here" or, if accessible, to go to the Copper Coronet (in SoA) or Pocket Plane (in ToB). For Tutu, BGEE, or the Baldur's Gate portion of BGT, the option to go to the Friendly Arm Inn is available. Without this they just disappear forever if you kick them out.

http://gibberlings3.net/bg2tweaks/
    Post edited by Wise_Grimwald on
    CrevsDaak
  • Corey_RussellCorey_Russell Member Posts: 996
    Just a quick note of Corewild the fighter/thief and his band of berserker and 4 wild mages:

We've killed Imoen, Xzar and Montaron (to get their stuff).

We need lots of experience. So we went and wiped out Shoal with range attacks (we had surrounded her first). No interesting surges yet, but we haven't cast many spells just yet. No levels from that either. Once we get 2nd level mage spells, will probably head to basilisks area to speed up our levels (we could use things like stinking cloud/web on Kirian's group once that was the case).

Will keep at it.
    CrevsDaakWise_Grimwald
    edited November 2016
    @Borco Congrats.

Journal of Sneaky Blueskin

I headed south to the mines where I was ambushed by Zargos Flintblade. He shouldn’t have tried that single-handed!
    After that, my sling quickly dealt with Greywolf.
    I then cast an innate one-use spell that gave me the barbarian kit.
    Heading East, I dealt with Vax and Zal. It turned out to be a bit hairy.
    Silke did manage to kill all those that she wanted dead, but killed herself in the process.
    I then killed some ogres at the gnoll stronghold followed by yet more assassins.
    Heading north, I helped Jared against a polar bear and further north still I helped Charleston Nib.
    I returned to Beregost and wiped out some spiders.
    To the east Ashen helped me against some dogs. I was hoping that as he was in the Sword Coast on business, he would have some gold on him, but he didn't. :(
    And further east still, I wiped out some powerful wolves.
    Continuing East, I killed Peter and his cronies:
    And then cleared the area of basilisks and medusae. Having used a protection from petrification scroll, they were no problem. Mutamin’s spells however were.

But he too fell:

BlackravenJuliusBorisovSerg_BlackStriderGotural
    edited December 2016
    Grond0 said:

Gate70/Grond0 multiplayer trilogy attempt 115 - (6th and final update)
    Before anyone sniggers too hard I'd like to point out that I was distracted by real life events at the time. I absolutely and definitively refute any suggestion that I could possibly have made that type of mistake without such a distraction o:).

:D Wouldn't dream of making such a suggestion. Hope that the real life events were good rather than bad.

Grond0CrevsDaakGotural
    @Grond0 sorry to hear of Prit and Gorn - dying to that petrification trap seems like deja vu for you guys.
    Grond0CrevsDaak
    Is there reason lots of entire posts are in spoiler tags?
    JuliusBorisov