Skip to content

[v1.9] Sirene, a tiefling paladin of Ilmater NPC for BG2:EE

Comments

• Saber83Saber83 Member Posts: 94
    @Artemius_I. To answer your previous question. Yes, there were a crapload of demons.
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    @Saber83 Okay, then don't worry, you hadn't missed anything in SoA.
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,680
    @Saber83 - Heh, if that's the encounter I think it is, then I hope you enjoyed the area! :)
    *SARCASM* Yes. Very much. :)
    Initial v1 release is now available. Players who used v0.4 probably won't notice that much of a difference, as there wasn't much I could find that required fixing, but there is a slight bit of new content.

Now I'm free to work on other stuff :)
    megamike15CaszidySaber83
    Currently replaying with her in my party from BG1. Dividing my time between that and Tyranny
  • agb1agb1 Member Posts: 249
    v1 of this mod has been added to Big World Setup.
  • GrimLefourbeGrimLefourbe Member Posts: 637
    BWS says the download is defect for both the BG2 and BG1 versions of this mod. Any idea ?
    @GrimLefourbe I... don't know. I don't use Big World. Someone who works with it like @agb1 will probably have an answer for you.
    edited December 2016
    The links work manually, but they're unusual because I had to link to specific versions. @Artemius_I - if you de-clutter the GitHub releases page for Sirene BG1, Sirene BG2 and Palemaster, I can change the links to just always grab "latest release" - this currently doesn't get the latest because the internal ordering on GitHub doesn't match your labeled version numbering.
    It looks like it managed to grab the correct versions despite finding them both to be defect, I had to grab the BG1 manually but it downloaded the BG2 one by itself. Weird and unexpected but it seems to work so far.
    edited December 2016
    As reported by Roxanne here, it looks like this version of the mod isn't compatible with the BG1 one in an EET install because this one overrides the first one. Any chance you'd be able to take a look at that ?

I think the Isra mod works fine when patched automatically with the EET mod converter tool so there's a chance it'd work fine for this one too. However you can also look at the Modder's Notes available in the EET download, the specific file is here. That would be amazing thanks.
    agb1
    Ugh, you're kidding me... alright, well, I'll have to see what I can do about this whole thing. Might take me a few days since I'm feeling rather under the weather at the moment, but I'll make sure this gets fixed.
    agb1
    Would you like help combining the mods? You could have a single component that does the right thing (installs all relevant content for BG1, BG2 or both) depending on GAME_IS ~bgee~ or ~bg2ee~ or ~eet~.
    I've entertained the thought with combining both BG1 and BG2 into one big mod but for various reasons, like the mods sharing a ton of common file names and variables, plus the rather large size of BG2, I didn't bother to do it. If it makes the mod compatible for EET I'd agree to releasing a third version while keeping the originals separate for non-EET players like myself. I still have my doubts because, again, I got lazy and many of the names between the mods are shared.

I'd work on it right now but, as I said, not feeling too great. If you're willing to help out I'll wholly appreciate it.
    agb1
    I'm sure with a bit of find/replace wizardry we can solve these problems. I'll look into it.
    Health first, take care of yourself, we're all patient people here !

You should try out EET when you get the chance though, it's really working very well alongside BWS thanks to the efforts of all the people involved.
    agb1
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428
    I've just finished a run with her, but oddly enough, there didn't seem to be an epilogue for her once I finished Throne of Bhaal. Is that part not finished yet, or is it a bug?
    edited December 2016
    @Abi_Dalzim There definitely should be an epilogue - though I wouldn't be surprised if I somehow messed up the script causing it to fire. I'll have a look right now.

Can I ask what 'state' you ended the game with her in? Did you romance her, and what was your gender? What was her alignment?
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428
    Romance with a Lawful Good female.
    Haaaaa... derp. I know what's wrong. I coded all four romance epilogues to go off for a male PC. Damn... alright, I'll have a fix in a minute.
    Updated. Female PCs now get an epilogue.
    BWS has been updated to use v1.1. Still have to update the link manually because the release that GitHub returns as "latest" is incorrect (0.1 not 1.1). Would appreciate a cleanup of the releases page so we can use a dynamic download link.
  • CaszidyCaszidy Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 299
    I‘ve got strange bug. I have installed also mod I shall never forget and after I killed the “Incomplete" Sirene starts dialogue about doubts if there was another way how to solve this. Then I go to the Goverment district where started Keldorns family quest, which Sirene normally commented, but after I leave Firecame estate Sirene starts to repeat that dialogue about killing "The Incomplete" over and over again. What global variables should I set in EEkeeper to fix this?
    @Caszidy Goddamnit.

C:SetGlobal("C0SireneISNFIncomplete","GLOBAL",2) fixes it. One more for the to-do list.
    Caszidy
    Updated to v1.2. No more repeating dialogue.
  • RatatoskrRatatoskr Member Posts: 711
    @Artemius_I Happy to see some fixes. But the download still says version 1.1 Did you just forget to change the name?
    @Ratatoskr589 Uh

Bad link. Fixed.
  • RatatoskrRatatoskr Member Posts: 711
    Great. I'll download it again :)
  • ChorazyGlusChorazyGlus Member Posts: 151
    @Artemius_I I had the bathing scene and then an encounter. I'd like to know if next lovetalk happens in wilderness or a city, cheers. I've been running BG in background and cooking and still no talks:(