Skip to content

Beta testers needed for the next release

Comments

• lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    I think you should send an e-mail to support@beamdog.com @ifupauline .
  • ThanaThana Member Posts: 16
    thrudd said:

Just wondering has anyone been picked for the Beta yet?? I signed up last week have not Gotten any emails yet.....

Most NDAs won't allow people to say they were chosen. And in cases where you're allowed to say it, it's still a bad idea to confirm it, in case people start asking questions the NDA prevents from answering.

If you weren't picked yet, don't worry. It's unlikely Beamdog will only accept/invite people once and then ignore the other applications. They'll most likely keep inviting people slowly, to test different aspects of the game. The only time someone really knows they weren't picked at all is once the game releases. Rest of the time, it's possible to be invited shortly before release to give feedback on the near-final version of the game.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited December 2016
    @ifupauline send an email to support@beamdog.com
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    Managed to not see this thread until now. Sounds cool, I applied.

This is actually the first time in many, many years that I would have the time to do some proper beta-testing. I've applied and got in before but had to say no afterwards due to lack of time.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • InsultionInsultion Member Posts: 179

Some people have been picked, yes, but the process is underway.

We will receive confirmation (or nothing in the case of a turn-down) via e-mail, I assume?
  • LarryCroftLarryCroft Member Posts: 1
    This sparrow is ready to fly... at your command, of course.
  • 00zim0000zim00 Member Posts: 267
    I hope active participation on Redmine is a big considering factor, alot of people have put great effort into bug reporting with past patches :)
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Insultion said:

Some people have been picked, yes, but the process is underway.

We will receive confirmation (or nothing in the case of a turn-down) via e-mail, I assume?
    Yes, I send a welcoming message (based on the chosen platform) to every single tester :) But at first those who are chosen go through the NDA.
  • KenjiKenji Member Posts: 251
    Oh boy, could this be the beta testing for the long-awaited Icewind Dale II: Enhanced Edition? Perhaps it's not too soon to start thinking about the next Christmas present.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @JuliusBorisov just out of curiosity. Will people be contacted through their forum account as well as by email? There are some very aggressive spam filters out there :)
  • RelSundanRelSundan Member Posts: 918
    When you say tablet, do you count phones in?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    RelSundan said:

When you say tablet, do you count phones in?

The tablet testing requirements are:

Android 4.4 (KitKat) or higher
    iOS 9 or higher

Unsupported: first generation iPads

The game has been optimized for screens larger than 6”, a stylus is strongly recommended for play on smaller screens.
  • RelSundanRelSundan Member Posts: 918
    Hm. Ok because I do have an iPhone6 and could probably test it there if it would be included. Thanks for the answer. :smile:
  • DeedlitDeedlit Member Posts: 1
    Signed up (for PC) and created an account especially for this :)

Been a while since I beta tested anything (although always as an amateur); I still remember the good old days, when NWN community was still a place where everyone was cooperating for the fun of all (and Mr. Gaider graciously gifted us with some superb, fun extra dialogue)... or was it just youth naivete?

Anyways, I'm pretty excited about this, whatever it will be, since I can hopefully play (proper?) rogues again (or druids!); it would be amazing if it's anything with forgotten realm lore ( <3 ), but I'd already be happy with a game that lets me solve situations not only with the point of my sword, but with the tip of my tongue as well...or get away from situations using a rubber chicken with a pulley in the middle, at worse.

Fingers crossed, and in any event, good job everyone! :)
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    Please, tell me that tomorrow will be a glorious day....... there will be teaser trailers, screenshots and the like.......
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    Luke93 said:

Please, tell me that tomorrow will be a glorious day....... there will be teaser trailers, screenshots and the like.......

I think the point of the NDA is to avoid exactly that. :)
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    @mf2112 Well, the game is in the beta stage (not alpha), so Beamdog is probably ready to tell/show us something more.... I was thinking of something like a movie trailer and a couple of screenshots........
  • kanisathakanisatha Member Posts: 1,308
    mf2112 said:

Luke93 said:

I think the point of the NDA is to avoid exactly that. :)
    Yeah but one could hold out hope that there is at least one courageous rogue within Beamdog who will stand up to Trent's dictatorial edicts and leak a few juicy tidbits to us mortals. :smiley:
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    lefreut said:

Do you really think someone is brave enough to disobey to this guy ? :p

Especially when he takes off that silly "human" mask and reveals himself as Dorn Il-Khan! :lol:
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819

lefreut said:

Especially when he takes off that silly "human" mask and reveals himself as Dorn Il-Khan! :lol:
    Damn, resemblance is stunning!

• AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    edited January 2017
    Cahir said:

lefreut said:

Damn, resemblance is stunning!

That's because that pic is the reference shot for Dorn. @TrentOster IS Dorn!

EDIT: Why doesn't this appear inline??? :confounded:

EDIT2: Ok, now it is... :confused:
    Post edited by AstroBryGuy on
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    Deedlit said:

..SNIP!

..but I'd already be happy with a game that lets me solve situations not only with the point of my sword, but with the tip of my tongue as well...or get away from situations using a rubber chicken with a pulley in the middle, at worse.

You fight like a dairy farmer.
  • PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858
    How appropriate. You fight like a cow.
This discussion has been closed.