Skip to content

2.0 update ETA?

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    Just to clarify:

One could interpret the job that is being done on the new project as helpful for 2.X versions in both cases:

(if it's not an EE) - oh, look at these menu options, Biff. Maybe we could use something like that in our EEs?

(if it's an EE) - oh, look at these new items, Biff. Maybe we could transfer them to our other EEs?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • therdretherdre Member Posts: 79

I'm sorry that you feel that way, old man Raduziel.

If you can't see much difference between IWD and IWDEE, I guess, nothing can change your view (classes, kits, spells, items, dialogue lines, many more).

IWDEE is pretty stable now. It doesn't have 2.X engine improvements, yes, but the 2.X engine improvements can still be... improved. The job that is being done on the new project will be helpful when improving the 2.X versions, in the end resulting in better IWDEE.

Please take your time, a few friends and I are enjoying the game quite a bit even though we've played through it a thousand times. The multiplayer is a lot more stable than in bg1/2 as well which is really nice. I'd rather see IWD2:EE before IWD:EE 2.0 personally.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • RavenslightRavenslight Member Posts: 1,609
    @subtledoctor said:

Actually, that is far from true. People talk as if IWDEE is in the same shape as BGEE 1.3, but let's remember that IWDEE was actually patched up to 1.4 - and the 1.4 patch was so good that it served as the basis for the 2.0 patch. The 1.4 patch actually includes a solid 75% of the good stuff in the 2.0 patch.

I've spent the last few months working on mods exclusively designed for the 2.0 games... and to my surprise, 95% of them work just fine on IWDEE. One way to think about it is, IWDEE is like BG with 2.0 gameplay and the 1.3 UI.

(And, let's recall, wasn't there a huge outcry by people asking to play BGEE with 2.0 gameplay and the1.3 UI? IWDEE is in perfect condition for those people.)

(Raises hand…) If this is true, as one of those people, I would love the option to have BG patched back to 1.4. ;)
  • PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858
    Once we get the 2.X update for IWD:EE I should have a machine good enough to do a stream of it. Could be fun (I know my way around Icewind Dale well enough to where it wouldn't be a blind run, but at the same time I'm not an expert in IWD by any stretch so it'll be an adventure)
  • pst1pst1 Member Posts: 2
    When update? Please I can't wait :wink:
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    edited January 2017
    We're still trying to come up with a good plan for IWDEE updates.
    Post edited by JuliusBorisov on
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    How many people are in Beamdog's staff?
  • mrjanemrjane Member Posts: 18
    I'm really looking forward to the 2.0 update. I played the EE when it first came out, but I've been itching to go through the whole thing again. I've just been holding off a new playthrough until 2.0 is released.
  • WesboiWesboi Member Posts: 403
    Raduziel said:

How many people are in Beamdog's staff?

None who care about ios/Android.
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,433
    Just for the record. As already mentioned before by @subtledoctor gameplay functionality that can be found in v2.0 patched games can also be found in the current v1.4 patch of IWD:EE. Main difference is the new UI stuff (including journal and zoomed area map) and a few bugfixes. I don't think waiting for v2.x would do the current state of the game justice (which is excellent).
  • ifupaulineifupauline Member Posts: 405
    Just imagine, they release IWD3 along with IWD 2 EE and 2.x for IWD EE and announce PST EE, that would be one Abyss of a news.
  • WesboiWesboi Member Posts: 403

Just imagine, they release IWD3 along with IWD 2 EE and 2.x for IWD EE and announce PST EE, that would be one Abyss of a news.

Just imagine all the non updated games to go with those releases too.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Just imagine taking that chip off your shoulder.
  • mrjanemrjane Member Posts: 18
    I'm also waiting on the 2.0 update to play through IWD again. I played YEARS ago, so it'd be nice to play again. A buddy and I are playing BG1:EE with the new update and it's pretty sweet. Anyone hear an estimated ETA on this?
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535

But there is a problem: https://9to5mac.com/2017/01/31/ios-10-3-beta-32-bit-app-warning/
    Let us hope for an update before September 2017......
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited March 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    Although this is about SoD I reckon' it is equally valid for IWD:EE on tablets.

• Darigaaz87Darigaaz87 Member Posts: 135
    edited March 2017
    Now that Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition has been announced can we expect the 2.X update for IWDEE (and maybe BG and BG2 too) to be Beamdog next project to see the light?
  • gugulug5000gugulug5000 Member Posts: 248
    I bet the next few months after release of PST:EE will focus on fixing its bugs first, then they will probably work on Icewind Dale and the BG games. It's a shame it's taken this long though. I got so used to the 2.X updates in BG that playing Icewind Dale without the updates just feels wrong.
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    edited March 2017
    edited May 2017
    With regards to IWD:EE to 2.0 and beyond:
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985

With regards to IWD:EE to 2.0 and beyond:

I would prefer having brains work on it, but if all you can get are tv journalists, so be it.
  • JumboWheat01JumboWheat01 Member Posts: 1,028
    Just bodies and no brains? Sounds like a Necromancer getting cheap labor.
  • SomeSortSomeSort Member Posts: 859

Some sort of ETA

No relation.