Skip to content

So the compensation for their delay of CE box....

I don't know with anyone else, but I'm very displeased with how Beamdog has treated us so far, and their compensation for us who's been waiting this long makes me furious!

Not only did they use a cheap trick to take our money from us who payed for the CE, but they give us a badge forum and a their "new game", which I think was payed for in development by the money from us who bought the CE.

I think the least they could do for compensation is to pay the shipping fee and give something else than a badge. Because I know when I get my CE box, I will only look at it with hatred and regret, I'll never trust Beamdog ever again.

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Hello, @mrkingkake,

We're sorry it has taken so long for your Siege of Dragonspear Collector’s Edition to arrive. The money collected for pre-orders went straight to the production and delivery of Collector’s Editions.

Again, we apologize for the fulfillment time, and hope you enjoy your SoD:CE when it arrives.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    Quartz said:

>generic fanboy comment response along the lines of "ok go, we don't need you, Beamdog is the incarnation of the second coming of Christ"
    >knee-jerk reaction, Beamdog hate, flame-baiting
    >reasonable person interjects their voice to try and moderate the situation
    >2-4 individuals disregard reasonable person, ad hominem and strawmen for days, now both sides are flame-baiting
    >somebody gets a touch too personal and the mods drop a "friendly reminder to read the rules, lest ye be a victim of le banhammer"
    >more flame-baiting anyway
    >mod finally locks thread, the rest of the forum AKA Judea, Samaria, and the outermost parts of the earth rejoice

@Quartz , when did you become so wise? Welcome back to the forums. :)
    QuartzCrevsDaakJairyanna
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Now THIS is a useful comment.
    CrevsDaak
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    Yeah, you clearly DESERVE something for not receiving it on time. You're owed something. What a load of crap!

Beamdog promised you the CE Box. It's coming. That's what you're owed, and it's coming. You are NOT owed anything else.
    filcat88[Deleted User]Ryntimothy2179
  • DarkSolDarkSol Member Posts: 11
    OP, i will gladly buy the sealed CE from you when it arrives.
    ThacoBell
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    edited February 2017
    Nitpicking... A fable is a story where non-humans are anthropomorphized (given human qualities such as speech) which is not really what your story entails. I think you meant parable.

I did enjoy it very much.
    filcat88ArdanisSunder
  • filcat88filcat88 Member Posts: 115
    lroumen said:

Nitpicking... A fable is a story where non-humans are anthropomorphized (given human qualities such as speech) which is not really what your story entails. I think you meant parable.

I stand corrected. (sorry, English is not my native language)
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Quartz said:

filcat88 said:

lroumen said:

I stand corrected. (sorry, English is not my native language)
    Even as a native English-speaker I didn't know the difference between a fable and a parable lol
    I blame Peter Molynieux.
    CrevsDaakThacoBellBGLoverSunder
  • Teo_liveTeo_live Member Posts: 186
    So let me get this straight. A pre-order collectables customer (aka one of the best customer types out there, paying a high price for a non-existent product) starts complaining/venting to beamdog and almost everyone here either patronizes him or just goes completely off topic.

Well done boys, you guys sure showed him! Now continue patting yourselves on the back with the [like] button for scratching off yet another potential future customer... :/

As for the OP free shipping + "something else" for compensation seems bit much for a late delivery IMO. I would also suggest being more descriptive if you actually want support and/or your feedback to be acknowledged. For example:
    - How long is "too long" for you? What was your expected time for a pre-order
    - Cheap trick? How were you mislead

Regardless sorry you had a bad experience in both purchasing and here in forums @mrkingkake. I hope the wait is worth it.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    @Teo_live Careful there. As foretold in the prophecy:
    Quartz said:

>reasonable person interjects their voice to try and moderate the situation

CrevsDaakTeo_livedeltago[Deleted User]
    Teo_live said:

A pre-order collectables customer (aka one of the best customer types out there, paying a high price for a non-existent product) starts complaining/venting to beamdog and almost everyone here either patronizes him or just goes completely off topic.

Yeah, I mean how terrible that we properly inform the OP that they deserve only what they paid for, right? Downright awful of us!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

hypothetically, would that be enough compensation? What would for you?

Hypothetically, why should people get things for free, just because they're mad? We're not talking giving you a burger that costs all of 50 cents because you didn't like how the 1st one was.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Quartz
  • DanathionDanathion Member Posts: 173

Teo_live said:

A pre-order collectables customer (aka one of the best customer types out there, paying a high price for a non-existent product) starts complaining/venting to beamdog and almost everyone here either patronizes him or just goes completely off topic.

Yeah, I mean how terrible that we properly inform the OP that they deserve only what they paid for, right? Downright awful of us!

Whether or not you think compensation is deserved, properly, has nothing to do with anything, Beamdog obviously do as they've offered it.
    Teo_live
  • WesboiWesboi Member Posts: 403
    To be fair we all know how unreliable beamdog are.
    QuartzNimranCrevsDaakNonnahswriter
    Wesboi said:

Yup, bringing a 15 year game back and making it work on modern systems, as well as tasty delicious extra patches adding content and new characters. Is any low too low for those scoundrals!?
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    edited February 2017
    ThacoBell said:

Yup, bringing a 15 year game back and making it work on modern systems, as well as tasty delicious extra patches adding content and new characters. Is any low too low for those scoundrals!?

Uhh...

They had to delay BG:EE by several months, they had to give themselves an indefinite amount of time to complete IWD:EE (which I publicly defended), multiplayer was unreliable as all hell for over a year, it's still far more difficult to implement voice sets than it was in the original game...

Overall, I am quite satisfied with Beamdog, but acting like they've never been unreliable is revisionist history.
    NimranCrevsDaakPokotaBelgarathMTH
    They are slow, being a small company, but they have always (eventually) delivered. Thats not unreliable.
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    Where "eventually" includes 11 months (and counting) waiting for the delivery of the patch to fix game crashes on area transitions, that has so far shipped only to customers that bought from the right stores. Luckily there is a workaround, as long as I like to play without sound.

That is still within the established bounds though. It took 15 months to get the critical patch for BG2EE that shipped in under a week to other stores, that dealt with the saved games corrupting and resetting themselves - not a problem as long as you complete BG2EE in a single gameplay, and don't hit any other crashes... So I have another 4 months before I start worrying about unreasonable expectations.

And yes, it does gall a little to see successive patch released to those other platforms/stores while waiting my turn, but at least the game is now in a largely playable state, so I can live with the wait. I will not pretend that this is the customer service I would be happy to invest in as quickly again - and I suspect BeamDog is happy with that too, as they are clearly prioritizing other customers that I suspect bring a larger revenue stream.

And yes, one of the more irksome aspects of waiting is never having any acknowledgement of how much longer we should expect to wait. Simple customer relations of saying "check back in three months, and we'll have an update on progress" would give me one point of pain every three months, rather than continuously checking back to re-inforce the concerns.
    ThacoBellQuartzRyntimothy2179
  • WesboiWesboi Member Posts: 403
    edited February 2017
    ThacoBell said:

Wesboi said:

Shame I have been forced to make my own mods to fix the 3 releases they have on the Android platform. Even have to downgrade my steam version to 1.3 at times to make sure there isn't any save issues when I need to use the console to generate some fixes I need.

Guess that's the definition of reliability.

I can and do already play icewind dale 2 and planescape on tablets via gemrb and have been for ages.
    Post edited by Wesboi on
    Quartz
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Quartz said:

it's still far more difficult to implement voice sets than it was in the original game...

Just record as .ogg and rename to .wav, I think you can even patch a .2da to get the subtitles to show in-game (it's a TobEx feature, dunno if it's been ported honestly).
    Wesboi said:

I can and do already play icewind dale 2 and planescape on tablets via gemrb and have been for ages.

As much as I love gemrb, it's still unfinished (many Ps:T spells don't work, pathfinding is very weird, the IwD2 xp algorithm is still unknown and not like the one vanilla uses), and it's a pain in the ass to setup (if you have to compile for your environment, which is my case sadly, otherwise it isn't as hard). Not everyone prefers to set up gemrb to play IwD2 or Ps:T.
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    Quartz said:

it's still far more difficult to implement voice sets than it was in the original game...

I'm totally rusty on BG:EE, what are the steps vs the original? What makes it difficult?