Skip to content

Any news on the IOS version?

13»

Comments

• WesboiWesboi Member Posts: 403

Wesboi said:

Not exactly nonsense if the other platforms of the game is updated yet android/ios left behind for going on 2 years now.

I know hyperbole can be useful to get a point across, but substituting "2 years" for 8 months is reeeally a bit of a stretch...
    8 months? Wish it was updated 8 months ago but the last update for bgee was the Oct 2015 for bg2ee Apr 2015 and IWEE was also Apr 2015 pretty sure that's more than 8 months for android versions of the game. But nice effort.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited January 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • PugPugPugPug Member Posts: 560
    Wesboi said:

Wesboi said:

Not exactly nonsense if the other platforms of the game is updated yet android/ios left behind for going on 2 years now.

I know hyperbole can be useful to get a point across, but substituting "2 years" for 8 months is reeeally a bit of a stretch...
    8 months? Wish it was updated 8 months ago but the last update for bgee was the Oct 2015 for bg2ee Apr 2015 and IWEE was also Apr 2015 pretty sure that's more than 8 months for android versions of the game. But nice effort.
    The most recent iOS update to BGEE was June 9, 2015, which is 1 ½ years (19 months) ago.

SOD was released on PC on March 31, 2016, which is 10 months ago.

...for whatever that means for this argument.

No, it's not cancelled. The focus is indeed now on another project, but Beamdog will return to patching the EEs, with tablet versions and SoD on tablets on the list.

I'm grateful. I just wish they would say, like, "We're pretty sure it will get done in 2017." That's not so much giving an ETA as just letting us know what kind of territory we're in here, because at this point we can very reasonably have no idea. I am sorry if that sounds snarky; it isn't mean to.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Just play the games with the thought as no longer supported. I've ended up making my own custom gui and fixing one of the bugs myself in icewind dale as it was frustrating. (The colour glitch on some buffs).

Beamdog are just Modders when it comes to the IE games.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    edited January 2017
    @subtledoctor please do not accuse others of trolling. If you see something that looks like trolling then report it and it will be dealt with if necessary.
    Post edited by Tresset on
    JuliusBorisov
    He often trolls threads what criticise beamdog or when he has been proven wrong. For some reason it seems acceptable.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    @Wesboi The same goes to you. Do not accuse others of trolling. If you see something that looks like trolling make a report of it.
    JuliusBorisov
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Duly noted, @Tresset, and I've done as you suggest. Over to you.
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535

I predict sooner than later. Probably March/April.

That would be awesome, considering the fact that ROME: Total War - Barbarian Invasion also comes to iPad in March......
    CrevsDaak
  • TarmoTarmo Member Posts: 5
    Any news about new iPad version? any date?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    We plan on releasing Siege of Dragonspear along with the latest Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition and Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition patches for iOS and Android tablets, but we don't have a release date at this time. Watch our Twitter, Facebook page, and the Beamblog for future updates. You can also get the latest news through this forum and newsletter.
    edited February 2017

We plan on releasing Siege of Dragonspear along with the latest Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition and Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition patches for iOS and Android tablets, but we don't have a release date at this time. Watch our Twitter, Facebook page, and the Beamblog for future updates. You can also get the latest news through this forum and newsletter.

ty, should i wait for ver 2.0 or i can play bgee 1.3.1 and then after release sod? :)

What is the difference between bgee ver 2.0 and bgee ver 1.3.1? Any other then sod?
    Post edited by Tarmo on
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Tarmo said:

ty, should i wait for ver 2.0 or i can play bgee 1.3.1 and then after release sod? :)

What is the difference between bgee ver 2.0 and bgee ver 1.3.1? Any other then sod?
    There're many bugfixes and new features. The best way to find out would be to check the patch notes:

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/49692/v2-0-update-release-notes-attached
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/52908/v2-1-update-release-notes-attached
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/57226/v2-2-update-release-notes-attached-bg-ee-siege-of-dragonspear-and-bgii-ee
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/59736/v2-3-is-here-bg-ee-bgii-ee-and-siege-of-dragonspear
    Tarmo
    Ty, i will wait for update then! :)
    JuliusBorisov
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    @JuliusBorisov Sorry if already asked, but why not making a stand-alone app?
    I think it's because of WotC's demands of releasing SoD as an expansion, not a stand-alone game.
    StummvonBordwehrAstroBryGuyCrevsDaak_Luke_
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    I'm sure the 64-bit challenges on a code-base as old and quirky as the infinity engine are as epic as the Bhaalspawn saga itself! I look forward to hearing some war stories on the other side :)
    StummvonBordwehrJuliusBorisov
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    edited March 2017

I'm sure the 64-bit challenges on a code-base as old and quirky as the infinity engine are as epic as the Bhaalspawn saga itself! I look forward to hearing some war stories on the other side :)

Yeah, I got involved in a conversion from 32-bit Solaris to 64-bit Solaris conversion and you would not believe what such an allegedly straightforward conversion involved. Beamdog has my sympathy, considering what non-programmers can be like.
    StummvonBordwehr