Skip to content

Your Party Screen Shots

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    That Imoen Annah portrait needs some background ;)
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,433
    I tried, but I'm just not good enough with Photoshop to get it right. :(
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    I've noticed a few people have used the term "EET" what does that mean?
    argent77 said:

EET is short for Enhanced Edition Trilogy. It combines BGEE+SoD and BG2EE into a single continuous game. It's still in beta, but already very stable. There are mostly some mod incompatibilities or quirks that have to be sorted out yet.

ah, I was wonder if it stood for that, wasn't sure, thanks for clarifying
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited March 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    edited March 2017
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • For Classic Adventures, I decided that, in the spirit of the old PnP modules the TC is based on, I would forgo the mod's NPCs altogether and roll my own party from scratch.

What's Classic Adventures?

• Woolie_WoolWoolie_Wool Member Posts: 153
    edited March 2017
    A TC for the original edition of Baldur's Gate II that replaces the campaign with ports of several pen and paper D&D modules. Unfortunately they never finished it so it's about half the length of a BG1.

It basically kind of feels and plays like "Icewind Dale 3" in that it's a set of dungeon crawls framed by short plot segments in town. It's nowhere near as inclined to bury you in monsters as IWD is, though there are some quite tough fights (like the LEVEL 14 DRUID at the end of chapter 1 whose summons will slaughter your puny level 2 party if you can't kill him quickly--his stats suck and his equipment is more suited to a level 3-4 adventurer, but it doesn't matter if he manages to fill the arena with bears and dryads).
    thespace said:

Ghast dropped a fireball wand!

I love it when that happens :3

edited March 2017

SPLAT.

I know thieves are supposed to be the sneaky stuff class, but stalkers are much, much better at it. They don't need to distribute points to unlocking and trap detection, they get much better thac0, they're good at dual wielding right from level 1, and if you botch your backstab or get caught among enemies you have a much better chance of fighting your way out.

SPLAT.

I know thieves are supposed to be the sneaky stuff class, but stalkers are much, much better at it. They don't need to distribute points to unlocking and trap detection, they get much better thac0, they're good at dual wielding right from level 1, and if you botch your backstab or get caught among enemies you have a much better chance of fighting your way out.

is that IWD2 with the old BG2 UI?

That's the Sahuagin Citadel from Classic Adventures. I've recognized IWD1 and BG2 maps reused for this mod so I wouldn't be surprised if there were IWD maps there too.
    It's a new Gold Piece Record, got lucky with quite a few of them tear/pearl necklaces along with some fire opal rings, this is taken right before the final battle

edited March 2017
    thespace said:

sarevok57 said:

It's a new Gold Piece Record, got lucky with quite a few of them tear/pearl necklaces along with some fire opal rings, this is taken right before the final battle

Nice clean inventory, ya Drizzt killer ;)
    haha well i was going for a gold piece record so naturally it would be cleaned right up, and rarely if ever does drizzt survive on my playthroughs, those weapons are just too good :)

edited March 2017
    After experiencing the original BG2 UI, I think the BG2:EE UI needs an overhaul. I always thought it was kind of ugly but I never realized that it was actually worse than the original! The original UI is full of subtle touches that make it look much more cohesive and more like an actual thing carved out of stone--the selection square that's a bitmap overlay rather than a red line, the way the buttons are textured to look like physical cutouts with their own surfaces, the way all the bits neatly integrate into each other--all these things are lost in the EE UI.

After experiencing the original BG2 UI, I think the BG2:EE UI needs an overhaul. I always thought it was kind of ugly but I never realized that it was actually worse than the original!

the one thing that I don't like about the new bg2ee UI is that the font looks terrible, the bgee UI with SoD has a great looking font in my opinion, but then when I start up bg2,, im like eck, this looks bad haha

edited March 2017
    The SoD UI is much better--while it's not as skeuomorphic as the BG1 and 2 UIs, it's not trying to be as it has a much more contemporary design approach (DragonspearUI++ is way better though!). The BG2:EE and the old blue BG1:EE UIs are oldschool skeuomorphic interfaces done badly with poorly integrated UI elements that look cheap. Beamdog are way more confident and experienced now than they were then and a do-over of the classic UI would likely be a massive improvement.

That said, even the SoD UI has a few flaws, like the empty slots in the inventory screen that are obviously a single bitmap repeated over and over. Notice the party formation buttons in my Classic Adventures screenshot--the background of each button is just a little bit different from the others. That's the sort of thing that might not be obvious to the casual viewer, but you pick up on it subconsciously and it's one of the things that makes a UI look polished and professional. Somebody at BioWare sweated the details on those buttons.
    okay, so my gnomes that hit over 700K gold in BG1 have emerged from the underdark and their inventories are just chalk full of goodies:

and finally my gnerms have finished all of SoA and ToB and are ready to take on their destiny:

edited March 2017
    holy jumpins those are some stellar rolls