Skip to content

Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition announced, pre-orders available. Pre-loads started!

Comments

• GaltharielGalthariel Member Posts: 9
    Why not create a Deluxe Edition or something that includes both, the game and the soundtrack for those that want?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    GrifJuliusBorisov
  • GrifGrif Member Posts: 48
    Preordered!
    JuliusBorisov
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    edited March 2017
    Badges?! We don't need no steenkin' badges!

All seriousness aside, I am really looking forward to this. I never played the original game but it was my gaming Maserati: desireable but unobtainable. I also just realized that kids born at the initial release are now in high school. You've made a happy man feel very old.
    Post edited by tbone1 on
    JuliusBorisovKamigoroshi
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    "Q: What languages are available in Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition?
    Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition is available in English, French, Polish, German, and Korean. The Korean translation is text only, voice-overs are played in English."

Does it mean that if i buy it i will have right from the start full text and dubbing support for all those languages? For instance i want to play in polish - so when i will start the game all characters will talk in polish and all text will be in polish? What with text you added to the game, cause i guess you changed few lines or added new items. Did someone translate them?
    JuliusBorisov
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Would be fun if there was a pre-order badge for pre-ordering the OST as well, not just the game. :P
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    edited March 2017
    For those under 35 and/or not from North America here is the source of the badges comment, a clip from Treasure of the Sierra Madre.

KamigoroshiButtercheesePokota
  • EnilwynEnilwyn Member Posts: 140

Why not create a Deluxe Edition or something that includes both, the game and the soundtrack for those that want?

You can purchase both for $29.98! Two cents off the $30 version.

Kids these days...

Montresor_SPkanisathaCrevsDaakGenderNihilismGirdle
  • ET3DET3D Member Posts: 17
    Nice to see an Android release. I hope this means that the other games will be updated soon. Likely not going to play it (I have enough games to play that I haven't finished in the past, such as BG, which I plan to play once it's updated), but I'm going to buy it just to encourage continued mobile support.
    JuliusBorisov
  • aarionnaarionn Member Posts: 94
    Thank you for doing remasters for old IE games. Instant pre-order like with other games. I hope IWD2 will come soon and maybe new game in D&D setting. Thank you once again.
    JuliusBorisovDoodlerookanisatha
  • GaltharielGalthariel Member Posts: 9
    Enilwyn said:

Kids these days...

I know I can purchase both. The question was to get both together for a better price. and maybe more goodies but that's ok, I understand that sometimes people needs more explanation and details :-)
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    I just saw the trailer.
    When it says "What can change the nature of a man", I got shivers down my spine!!!
    ButtercheeseJuliusBorisov
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437

Enilwyn said:

Kids these days...

I know I can purchase both. The question was to get both together for a better price. and maybe more goodies but that's ok, I understand that sometimes people needs more explanation and details :-)
    @Galthariel - This might work:

Buy the original from GOG for $9.99. It comes with the soundtrack (not in FLAC format however, only mp3)

Owning the original gives you $6 off the Enhanced Edition (through April 4th). (source: https://www.gog.com/news/preorder_planescape_torment_enhanced_edition)

So, you should be able to get both for $23.98 ($9.99 + $19.99 - $6).

The one caveat is that you don't get the soundtrack in lossless FLAC format.
    ButtercheeseCrevsDaak
  • MIK0MIK0 Member Posts: 7

Enilwyn said:

Kids these days...

Buy the original from GOG for $9.99. It comes with the soundtrack (not in FLAC format however, only mp3)

Owning the original gives you $6 off the Enhanced Edition (through April 4th). (source: https://www.gog.com/news/preorder_planescape_torment_enhanced_edition)

The original will be included in the EE so there's no need to buy the original separately if he plans to also buy the EE.
    MIK0 said:

Enilwyn said:

Kids these days...

The original will be included in the EE so there's no need to buy the original separately if he plans to also buy the EE.
    Yes, I'm aware of that.

Galthariel was looking for a way to get PSTEE and the *soundtrack* at a discount (the soundtrack is not included with PSTEE). I was presenting a possible way to do get PSTEE and the PST soundtrack at a discount off the $29.98 full price for both.
  • shmerlshmerl Member Posts: 11
    edited March 2017

Beamdog are introducing Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition!

Please, check this feature request about making Planesacpe: Torment EE on Linux in 64-bit. Can you comment on it please whether it's already so or not?
    ineth

MIK0 said:

Enilwyn said:

Kids these days...

Yes, I'm aware of that.

Galthariel was looking for a way to get PSTEE and the *soundtrack* at a discount (the soundtrack is not included with PSTEE). I was presenting a possible way to do get PSTEE and the PST soundtrack at a discount off the $29.98 full price for both.
    Oh, I didn't catch that. It make sense now. The soundtrack cost indeed half of the price of the game.
    However to what I read GOG won't have the soundtrack and on the Beamdog site they say that it will only be available on their site and Steam. So I believe the GOG discount won't be of use in this case.
    The original PST on GOG currently comes with the original soundtrack as an "extra" (albeit only in mp3 format, not lossless FLAC format). See the "goodies" list at https://www.gog.com/game/planescape_torment

Once PST:EE is released, I assume the original soundtrack won't be included, since GOG doesn't mention the original soundtrack being included with PST:EE in their pre-order announcement (https://www.gog.com/news/preorder_planescape_torment_enhanced_edition). I also don't see the original soundtracks listed as "extras" for BG:EE and BG2:EE (which also include the original games).

So, if you buy the original PST on GOG now, you get the original soundtrack (in mp3 format) with the original game, and you should get a $6 discount on pre-ordering PST:EE (until April 4th). The total cost would be $23.98 US.

The original PST on GOG currently comes with the original soundtrack as an "extra" (albeit only in mp3 format, not lossless FLAC format). See the "goodies" list at https://www.gog.com/game/planescape_torment

Once PST:EE is released, I assume the original soundtrack won't be included, since GOG doesn't mention the original soundtrack being included with PST:EE in their pre-order announcement (https://www.gog.com/news/preorder_planescape_torment_enhanced_edition). I also don't see the original soundtracks listed as "extras" for BG:EE and BG2:EE (which also include the original games).

So, if you buy the original PST on GOG now, you get the original soundtrack (in mp3 format) with the original game, and you should get a $6 discount on pre-ordering PST:EE (until April 4th). The total cost would be $23.98 US.

You may be right. However I think that on GOG the only available PST version has the soundtrack as extra. Since that version will be provided if you purchase the EE, I think that the sountrack will be there as well. I think it would be best to ask GOG directly.

Still to me it seems that the price of the soundtrack is a bit high considering that it is not done from scratch and that it is sold at half the price of the game.
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    I'm not as excited as many others here. I've never actually finished the game, got as far as what I think is the final zone. While it's a great game, it just isn't Baldur's Gate. The lack of any armour/outfits other than that one robe particularily irks me.

This will be a great moneymaker however. People are still buying the original, so P:T:EE should be a good source of revenue for years to come.
  • DjinnDjinn Member Posts: 76
    Thank you for taking my money!!
  • rede9rede9 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,947
    edited March 2017
    In the original one reading story line and dialog together was wearing (drudgery).
    I suppose at least type or layout has been improved.

Nevertheless, as feature request, I'd like to separate them (using different colours, or hooked quotation marks «» instead the british "", or at least the round ones “”). It would help reading.