Skip to content

Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition announced, pre-orders available. Pre-loads started!

Comments

• proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915

Congratulations, everyone!

Now Pre-purchase is possible on Steam!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/466300

Purchased!
    JuliusBorisov
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    steam keys for if you already preordered on beamdog?
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    Ach - I pre-ordered the game from GOG.com pretty much when it was announced. Can I still pre-order the soundtrack here?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714

Ach - I pre-ordered the game from GOG.com pretty much when it was announced. Can I still pre-order the soundtrack here?

Why not? The soundtrack is a separate product.

steam keys for if you already preordered on beamdog?

When the game will be launched, you can write to support as explained in https://www.beamdog.com/planescape_faq.
    Montresor_SP
  • ConjurerDragonConjurerDragon Member Posts: 110
    edited April 2017
    I got a mail announcing that I as a buyer of the SoD Collectors Edition I will get PST EE as a bonus and that I shold download the beamdog client:

We very much appreciate you pre-ordering the Baldur’s Gate: Siege of Dragonspear Collector’s Edition and your patience with the delayed shipping date. We’re excited to share that you will be receiving a free copy of Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition to help make up for the delay and the dice misprint.

Your copy of Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition will be automatically added to your Beamdog account on release of the game. Don’t forget to download our new Beamdog Client in preparation for the release. Don’t have the new Client yet? You can download the new Beamdog Client here: http://client.beamdog.com/releases/stable
    However when I follow that link there is an error stating that there are no stable versions of the Client for Windows...?
    Post edited by ConjurerDragon on
  • bleusteelbleusteel Member Posts: 523

However when I follow that link there is an error stating that there are no stable versions of the Client for Windows...?

What version of Windows are you using? The new client does not support Windows XP or earlier versions.
    bleusteel said:

What version of Windows are you using? The new client does not support Windows XP or earlier versions.
    Well, if if the error message would be "There are no releases of the Beamdog Client available for 32bit Windows." I would understand that (and could perhaps try the download from another PC or after updating to a different operating system later). If the message reads just that there is no Client for Windows at all without telling me that it’s only for my older version of Windows and that of course a client for modern Windows is available is strange.

The message showing for me is:
    "There are no stable releases available for windows."
    bleusteel
  • bleusteelbleusteel Member Posts: 523

bleusteel said:

Well, if if the error message would be "There are no releases of the Beamdog Client available for 32bit Windows." I would understand that (and could perhaps try the download from another PC or after updating to a different operating system later). If the message reads just that there is no Client for Windows at all without telling me that it’s only for my older version of Windows and that of course a client for modern Windows is available is strange.

I agree, the error could be more descriptive.

The new client is a 32-bit executable that should work on 32-bit Windows Vista, 7 and 10.
  • themazingnessthemazingness Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 702
    edited April 2017

bleusteel said:

If this error is part of Windows or its development tools, Windows XP and lower wouldn't have the concept of its successors nor of 32-bit operating systems. So that could be why it says it that way.
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790
    So if I pre-ordered on Steam (just did), how do I get my forum badge? ;)
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    The Beamdog Client is being distributed as Windows 32-bit but 32-bit apps work on 64-bit operating systems. It doesn't work on Windows XP.
    Sed said:

Thank you for pre-purchasing on Steam. You can get a forum badge only for pre-ordering from Beamdog, though.
    Buttercheesetaclane

bleusteel said:

If this error is part of Windows or its development tools, Windows XP and lower wouldn't have the concept of its successors nor of 32-bit operating systems. So that could be why it says it that way.
    I don’t think so. The distinction between 32bit and 64bit operating systems existed already under Windows XP
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_XP_editions#64-bit_editions
    and the message given on the website of Beamdog should be the result of a html programmed website trying to check what version of OS is used to visit the website. After all this is no attempt to actually run the beamdog client, but an error message before even downloading it that there is none available "for Windows".
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790

The Beamdog Client is being distributed as Windows 32-bit but 32-bit apps work on 64-bit operating systems. It doesn't work on Windows XP.

Sed said:

Thank you for pre-purchasing on Steam. You can get a forum badge only for pre-ordering from Beamdog, though.
    Well that kind of sucks :(
    I want the Steam achievements and the badge but without the hassle of buying through Beamdog and then transferring it to Steam. One stop shop you know. Something you should think about for the future ^^
  • themazingnessthemazingness Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 702
    edited April 2017

bleusteel said:

I don’t think so. The distinction between 32bit and 64bit operating systems existed already under Windows XP
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_XP_editions#64-bit_editions
    and the message given on the website of Beamdog should be the result of a html programmed website trying to check what version of OS is used to visit the website. After all this is no attempt to actually run the beamdog client, but an error message before even downloading it that there is none available "for Windows".
    Ah, I stand corrected. It really is just poorly worded.
    Post edited by themazingness on
  • kanisathakanisatha Member Posts: 1,308
    Sorry if this comes across as a stupid question but I ask in all seriousness: what exactly do you do with those forum badges? Is there some purpose to them?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Some have uses such as identify moderators, beta testers and team members, but often it's simpler to just check the background color of the posts. Grey for moderators and blue for team members.
    [Deleted User]kaguanaJuliusBorisov
  • rede9rede9 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,947
    edited April 2017
    May I Suggest a boxed Collector's Edition with the Circle of Dakk'on (xor the diary of Fall-from-grace)?
    Post edited by rede9 on
    Montresor_SPConjurerDragon
  • sparkleavsparkleav Member Posts: 871
    Sounds like someone's excited :)
    AranthysJuliusBorisovkaguana[Deleted User]
    bleusteel said:

bleusteel said:

I agree, the error could be more descriptive.

Thank you for your feedback.

For the future, please, discuss everything Client-related, here: https://forums.beamdog.com/categories/beamdog-client

We will put in a feature request to update the message to make it more informative.
    bleusteel
  • Dev6Dev6 Member Posts: 719
    Well I'll be damned, guess I'll get to play Planescape Torment for the first time after all. I'd been putting it off for quite some time, hope it's as good as everyone says it is. :)
    JuliusBorisovsparkleav
  • taclanetaclane Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 364
    edited April 2017
    Shandyr said:

New badge is out!

A new, new badge is out.

Honestly, I liked the old PST:EE CD Preorder badge better. :shrug:
    Buttercheese[Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited April 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    taclane
    Didn't you pick up on the 90s vibe the badge was trying to give off? The badge was changed because WotC won't like the modified LoP icon.
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]lolien
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 873
    edited April 2017

I preordered from Beamdog. How do I get my badge?

Thanks!

EDIT: Er, nevermind. I see it now...
    Post edited by Thrasymachus on
    taclane
    Montresor_SP