Skip to content

Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition announced, pre-orders available. Pre-loads started!

Comments

• ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    Shandyr said:

I think Easter Egg Morte could have been a nice choice for a badge :smiley:

Easter Egg Morte is bloody terrifying and needs to be burned with fire :V
    [Deleted User]Troodon80taclaneElysianEchoes
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Buttercheesetaclane
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited April 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Buttercheesetaclane
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Shandyr said:

What seriously? WotC has a say in the badge design of this forum? Wow. xD

Okay, well no, the current design is not to my liking. Maybe it will grow on me, maybe not.

Usually I like it if new badges match the old badges in design.
    That was the point why I had been on a crusade to get rid of all the vanilla badges back then.

You remember, here?

The new badge is not nearly as bad as the old vanilla badges. That's not what I want to say.
    But it stands out from the other badges, simply by having that text on it.

It's their Intellectual property. They can restrict its use by any way they wish...
    JuliusBorisov
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    mlnevesetaclanekaguana
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    So who's idea was it to offer the soundtrack as a DLC only? I'd like to pre-order it from Beamdog, but since the beta was serviced through Steam, I can only get the soundtrack through Steam.
    ButtercheeseSam_
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @BillyYank You can reach out to support@beamdog.com and request to have the game added to your Beamdog account and then you can purchase the OST there. We will follow up with Phil to figure out a better process. Due to the licence we have through WotC, we can only offer things like OSTs as DLC and not their own product.
    BillyYank[Deleted User]
    edited April 2017

@BillyYank You can reach out to support@beamdog.com and request to have the game added to your Beamdog account and then you can purchase the OST there. We will follow up with Phil to figure out a better process. Due to the licence we have through WotC, we can only offer things like OSTs as DLC and not their own product.

Thanks. I suspected it was WoTC's idea. Sounds like something they'd come up with.
    JuliusBorisovThacoBell
  • rede9rede9 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,947
    edited April 2017

Q: If I buy on Beamdog.com will I get a Steam key?
    Yes. After the release of the game you can contact support@beamdog.com to request a Steam key.

Forgive my ignorance, but why not a GOG redeem code? Are you planning to make steam version working with GOG CONNECT?

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    It's just how the things work after discussions with all involved parties.
    GoG Connect - only GoG can decide how that works.
    rede9
  • rede9rede9 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,947
    edited April 2017
    Very tempting! But since the situation about new translations is still quite unclear, I'll wait at least the tablet enhanced edition to not buying the game twice for nothing.
    edited April 2017

Did this and ordered the soundtrack. It didn't come through as a pre-order though, it's downloading now. My banking app just alerted me on this "international transaction", :p .
    JuliusBorisovlolien
  • IsobelIsobel Member Posts: 13
    I can't preorder the soundtrack because it doesn't think I have the main game? I bought the Siege of Dragonspear collectors edition though so I should have a copy. Any help with this?
    @Isobel Yes, because of how the system with the DLC works and the fact you will be able to see PST:EE only after the release, you can't pre-order the OST to the PST:EE version granted by the SoD CE pre-purchase.

Just ask send me a screenshot of the OST in your library after launch and I'll add the badge to your forum account.
    Buttercheese
    So I am wondering, is it possible to get the game unlocked on the Beamdog site too, as a beta-tester?

So I am wondering, is it possible to get the game unlocked on the Beamdog site too, as a beta-tester?

You're not only a beta-tester, but also a SoD CE pre-purchaser. Shoot a message to support, maybe they can help you. Or just wait several days - the release is close.
  • IsobelIsobel Member Posts: 13

@Isobel Yes, because of how the system with the DLC works and the fact you will be able to see PST:EE only after the release, you can't pre-order the OST to the PST:EE version granted by the SoD CE pre-purchase.

Just ask send me a screenshot of the OST in your library after launch and I'll add the badge to your forum account.

Ooh okay! I'll do that, thanks!! (:
    JuliusBorisov

You're not only a beta-tester, but also a SoD CE pre-purchaser. Shoot a message to support, maybe they can help you. Or just wait several days - the release is close.
    Well, yeah, but I wanted to give my spare copy to a friend >.>
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
    Sorry if this was already asked - how long does it take to get the Pre-order badge to appear? Thanks! Good work guys :smile:
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @HaHaCharade Mine showed up the following day...
    HaHaCharadeJuliusBorisov
    Yes, up to a day (may be sooner). Yours is already given, @HaHaCharade ;)
    HaHaCharademlnevese
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643

Yes, up to a day (may be sooner). Yours is already given, @HaHaCharade ;)

Saw that - Thank you sir :wink:
    JuliusBorisovmlnevese
  • SkanksSkanks Member Posts: 16
    I pre-ordered the game & OST, I understand that I can ask for a steam key after release. Do I need to also download it on the Beamdog client to get the OST?
    Hear, hear!

SoD:CE pre-order purchasers should now be provisioned PST:EE. The game is available for the pre-load.
    Buttercheese
    Skanks said:

I pre-ordered the game & OST, I understand that I can ask for a steam key after release. Do I need to also download it on the Beamdog client to get the OST?

No, you can get the OST from the Beamdog account page after purchasing. Should be on the left side.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356

SoD:CE pre-order purchasers should now be provisioned PST:EE. The game is available for the pre-load.

I'm a SoD:CE pre-order customer, but no PST:EE is showing in my Beamdog client. Do we have to do something specific in order to see it?

(Note: I'm on the old client, not the new one, since I'm still running WinXP.)
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819

I'm a SoD:CE pre-order customer, but no PST:EE is showing in my Beamdog client. Do we have to do something specific in order to see it?

(Note: I'm on the old client, not the new one, since I'm still running WinXP.)
    Same for me with the difference that I'm on the new client.