Skip to content

Did you know about...? (spoilers)

I'd like to start a discussion like this in sight of hidden info, hidden content, whatever you think others don't know and think it's worthwhile mentioning to enlighten us all.

Since I have seen people not *knowing* this, I'd like to start with the wisdom as a stat.
We all know Wisdom governs the common sense of your TNO in dialogues, the memories you can resurface and a flat bonus to experience gained (with max +30% at WIS 25).

But did you also know wisdom gives NPCs a hidden luck bonus?
+1 luck at WIS 15, +2 at WIS 18, +3 at WIS 25
Now why would that matter to me you might ask?

This is what luck does:

1. Modifies the duration of the Friend spell.
2. For randomized Charisma effects, luck will modify the bonus.
3. For randomized Damage effects, luck will modify the amount.
4. For randomized Heal effects, luck will modify the amount.
5. For randomized Hit Point bonuses, luck will modify the amount.
6. For randomized Luck effects, luck will modify the bonus (Whoa).
7. For randomized Heal Transfer effects, luck will modify the damage taken by the provider.
8. For randomized Embalming effects, luck will modify the hit point bonus.
9. For projectiles, Luck is added to the attack roll.
10. For detecting secret doors, Luck modifies the detection roll.
11. For stealth mode, Luck modifies the chance to succeed.
12. When swinging a weapon, Luck modifies the speed factor of the weapon.
13. When attacking (non-projectile), Luck is added to the attack roll.
14. When applying damage, Luck modifies the amount.
15. When removing traps, Luck modifies your skill.
16. When picking locks, Luck modifies your skill.
17. When bashing doors, Luck modifies your skill.
18. When removing traps, Luck modifies your skill.
19. If an item has been set up as a Random Destroy item, Luck modifies change to destroy.

With that in mind, *know* that a thief TNO gets +1 luck at lv 12 and can get another +1 luck from a tattoo for a total of +5 luck bonus at WIS 25.
Imagine the weapon Umei Kahen, a 3-21 dmg fist weapon. That's 3d7 translated to dice language. With 0 luck you deal 3-21 damage. But at 5 luck? Each of the three dice rolls gets a +5 bonus up the max of the die highest side. Now your fist fights are pretty deadly as that damage becomes 18-21 instead.
JuliusBorisovMeyahiTeflonAndreaColomboMontresor_SPmlnevesePibaroAbelLorandarsparkleavMiraStastnyMoradinProont

Comments

• AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    I almost want to try a Thief TNO now.
    JuliusBorisovAbelTeflon
  • AbelAbel Member Posts: 785
    @mlnevese Why does she care about not being adored/revered though?
  • GallengerGallenger Member Posts: 400
    She doesn't like it - as is her prerogative. Or the squirrels don't like it - and being squirrels one cannot know their minds.
    AbelTeflonProont
  • karl_maulderkarl_maulder Member Posts: 133
    The second dialogue option when entering the necromancers abode, in the mausoleum, is very much the same as the warrior speech when entering the Cathedral in Diablo; "The sanctity of this place has been fouled". An easter egg or just a regular fantasy phrase (coinsidence) i wonder?
    TeflonProont
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    Teflon said:

Ilquix in smoldering corpse bar, is glabrezu in polymorph.
    The key is morte's litany of curses.
    Now you go and give 'em hell :p

There are some abishai in the bar. Could you get them to fight the glabrezu?
    TeflonProont
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208

Teflon said:

I don't think so but if you force-attack them, Ilquix shows his true form without going hostile so you can ask him about himself.
    TeflonProont
  • dustbubsydustbubsy Member Posts: 249
    I have seen the Abishai fight true form Ilquix, though it took ages to resolve itself as Ilquix seemed to have hundreds of hit points.
    TeflonProont
  • TeflonTeflon Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 515

Teflon said:

I don't think so but if you force-attack them, Ilquix shows his true form without going hostile so you can ask him about himself.
    Yep, they( Aethelgrin and Tegar'in) didn't give a d*mn while that glabrezu getting a*s kicking by TNO and his henchmens. I lured that tann'ari into baatezus but nothing happened(yep even mercikillers didn't care at all, wondering is that a normal behavior for them), Only two racial fight happen in game is curst in carceri -Tek'elach and Agril-Shanak .
    Montresor_SPProont
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    After defeating the Modron Maze on High difficulty, including beating the Evil Wizard Construct and finding Nordom, you can ask the Modron engineer to create a new hard maze. It will be complete with a brand new Evil Wizard but no Nordom's room - anyone or anything you left in there will have vanished in Limbo, so to speak.
    TeflonJuliusBorisovAbelProont
  • AbelAbel Member Posts: 785

If you pickpocket Nadilin from the foundry, you will get a receipt which you can use to redeem the Justifier hammer from him.

The hammer is basically PST's equivalent of Lilarcor and you can talk to it.

It's actually a Club :) !
    JuliusBorisovTeflonProont
  • QueegonQueegon Member Posts: 363
    Oh wow, I googled it and it's even o the wiki. Wiki almighty, answers for everything. With additional behind the scenes info and few more pics.
    JuliusBorisovTeflonProont
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    The script for determining whether you fight Ignus or Vhailor in the Fortress of Regrets works like this:

If Ignus is not dead,
    and the Nameless One is not evil,
    Fight Ignus.

Otherwise, if Vhailor is not dead,
    Fight Vhailor.

So, if Ignus died in your party, you will fight Vhailor in the fortress, even if you are lawful good.
    JarrakulMontresor_SPProont