Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858
    @UnderstandMouseMagic I've never gone above Core Rules and don't usually use mods, so I'm not used to the Nashkel Mines being particularly difficult (you get a free invis potion from picking up Jaheira, which theoretically makes the 3rd level a cakewalk to disarm). What difficulty and mods are you using?
    CrevsDaak
  • Corey_RussellCorey_Russell Member Posts: 995
    Pokota said:

@UnderstandMouseMagic I've never gone above Core Rules and don't usually use mods, so I'm not used to the Nashkel Mines being particularly difficult (you get a free invis potion from picking up Jaheira, which theoretically makes the 3rd level a cakewalk to disarm). What difficulty and mods are you using?

@UnderstandMouseMagic had mentioned SCS - SCS greatly increases the kobolds in the mines. In addition, there are kobold shaman which also add to the difficulty. Certainly non-trivial at low levels.
    CrevsDaakPokotaJuliusBorisov
  • NeverusedNeverused Member Posts: 803
    What does your Weidu log look like, anyhow? I recognize Rogue Rebalancing from the bonus store in the Shadow Thief's Guild, but the majority of those items and extra quests are completely foreign to me.
    semiticgoddessCrevsDaak
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    Pokota said:

SCS, hard not core.

But I've always found the Nashkel Mines hard, long before I used SCS.
    Just something about them.

Can do them solo, it's the keeping everybody alive where I fail.

I think it's because I usually play insane, the increased damage means that the more squishy members can only take one hit and if it's a critical, they're toast.
    So the Mulahey fight was easier in comparison to going through the mines because nobody was firing bloody fire arrows at Edwin.

BlackravenCrevsDaak
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @Neverused: Attached is my WeiDu log for the BG2 run. Like my BG1 run, I don't actually know what I have installed; I just got everything from BWS.
    CrevsDaakJuliusBorisov
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    Hard luck @Pokota. There's time to pause the game and run away after Greywolf's had his conversation, but doing that does rather imply using meta-game knowledge, so I can understand that an RP character would tend to be too slow to escape :p.
    BlackravenJuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
    That fight usually goes better for me, but then again I'm usually packing some arcane heat and at least one Entangle. I won't be making the same mistake in my next No-Reload attempt, I assure you - if only because I'll be gunning for a F>C Charname and won't need to sacrifice Neera to get Dorn.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @Pokota: I'm not sure what's going on. I noticed the same thing happening to @Gate70's posts; I only saw the links instead of the actual pictures.

I've been attaching images the same way I normally do, by dragging and dropping them from my Downloads folder. When I just went back to check my old posts, the spoilers just showed the link; no images.

But when I edited my old post, but didn't actually change anything in it, the images started showing up properly. Then, when I refreshed the page, @Gate70's images showed up properly, but mine no longer did.

If you can see the images properly now, I can delete your post; I'm a mod.
    edited April 2017
    As of right now, they're broken in your most recent post but not in this older one, just a little further up the page. I'm going to make a formal forum bug report since this is happening on more than one computer (and is happening to you as well).
    semiticgoddessAerakarlolienCrevsDaak
  • ArctodusArctodus Member Posts: 992
    Same thing for me @Pokota ; can't see the images, be it on my computer or my phone.
    Aerakar
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305

I am satisfied.

Hm.

Actually...

You know what?

Let's try fighting Breudayael.

I ain't got no ... satisfaction.
    CrevsDaak