Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Axis & Allies 1942 Online is now available in Early Access! Buy it on Steam. The FAQ is available.
New Premium Module: Tyrants of the Moonsea! Read More
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• PokotaPokota Member Posts: 558
    @UnderstandMouseMagic I've never gone above Core Rules and don't usually use mods, so I'm not used to the Nashkel Mines being particularly difficult (you get a free invis potion from picking up Jaheira, which theoretically makes the 3rd level a cakewalk to disarm). What difficulty and mods are you using?

CrevsDaak
  • Corey_RussellCorey_Russell Member Posts: 694
    Pokota said:

@UnderstandMouseMagic I've never gone above Core Rules and don't usually use mods, so I'm not used to the Nashkel Mines being particularly difficult (you get a free invis potion from picking up Jaheira, which theoretically makes the 3rd level a cakewalk to disarm). What difficulty and mods are you using?

@UnderstandMouseMagic had mentioned SCS - SCS greatly increases the kobolds in the mines. In addition, there are kobold shaman which also add to the difficulty. Certainly non-trivial at low levels.

CrevsDaakPokotaJuliusBorisov
  • NeverusedNeverused Member Posts: 670
    What does your Weidu log look like, anyhow? I recognize Rogue Rebalancing from the bonus store in the Shadow Thief's Guild, but the majority of those items and extra quests are completely foreign to me.

semiticgodCrevsDaak
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,141
    Pokota said:

SCS, hard not core.

But I've always found the Nashkel Mines hard, long before I used SCS.
    Just something about them.

Can do them solo, it's the keeping everybody alive where I fail.

I think it's because I usually play insane, the increased damage means that the more squishy members can only take one hit and if it's a critical, they're toast.
    So the Mulahey fight was easier in comparison to going through the mines because nobody was firing bloody fire arrows at Edwin.

BlackravenCrevsDaak
  • semiticgodsemiticgod Member, Moderator Posts: 13,523
    @Neverused: Attached is my WeiDu log for the BG2 run. Like my BG1 run, I don't actually know what I have installed; I just got everything from BWS.

CrevsDaakJuliusBorisov
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 5,317
    Hard luck @Pokota. There's time to pause the game and run away after Greywolf's had his conversation, but doing that does rather imply using meta-game knowledge, so I can understand that an RP character would tend to be too slow to escape :p.

BlackravenJuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
    That fight usually goes better for me, but then again I'm usually packing some arcane heat and at least one Entangle. I won't be making the same mistake in my next No-Reload attempt, I assure you - if only because I'll be gunning for a F>C Charname and won't need to sacrifice Neera to get Dorn.

• semiticgodsemiticgod Member, Moderator Posts: 13,523
    @Pokota: I'm not sure what's going on. I noticed the same thing happening to @Gate70's posts; I only saw the links instead of the actual pictures.

I've been attaching images the same way I normally do, by dragging and dropping them from my Downloads folder. When I just went back to check my old posts, the spoilers just showed the link; no images.

But when I edited my old post, but didn't actually change anything in it, the images started showing up properly. Then, when I refreshed the page, @Gate70's images showed up properly, but mine no longer did.

If you can see the images properly now, I can delete your post; I'm a mod.

edited April 2017
    As of right now, they're broken in your most recent post but not in this older one, just a little further up the page. I'm going to make a formal forum bug report since this is happening on more than one computer (and is happening to you as well).

semiticgodAerakarlolienCrevsDaak
  • ArctodusArctodus Member Posts: 996
    Same thing for me @Pokota ; can't see the images, be it on my computer or my phone.

Aerakar
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 5,317

I am satisfied.

Hm.

Actually...

You know what?

Let's try fighting Breudayael.

I ain't got no ... satisfaction.

CrevsDaak