Skip to content

EE Keeper, Updated to v1.0.4

Comments

• Ossie1972Ossie1972 Member Posts: 14
    Random forum qn I haven't found anywhere: is it possible to turn off notificatons for new posts in threads? There only seems to be one globally in the account settings, so you have to turn off for everything, or be notified for every new post in every thread you've ever contributed to for the end of time (note this is not the thread I want to turn off!)
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    When I go to notifications preferences I see this:

Just uncheck the second to last option.
    BillyYank said:

When I go to notifications preferences I see this:

Just uncheck the second to last option.

I mean notifications of new posts for each individual thread. That option will turn on or off for all threads in which you have posted, no? There doesn't seem to be a thread-level control
  • egbertegbert Member Posts: 99
    @Ossie1972 Sure, but you can bookmark the threads you want notifications for.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    Or unbookmark threads, as the case may be. There's a little star at the top-right of the topic title, if you don't want to get notifications about this topic and you have it bookmarked, click the bookmark star again.

If you don't have it bookmarked, then if could be due to you participating in the topic before, in which case there's an checkbox for that (second up from the bottom in that screenshot).
    lolien
    OK I hadn't noticed the star, thanks. Although that still doesn't really do it: if you want to specifically get notifications for a particular thread, great, use the star. But if you haven't "starred" it, notifications will come for threads in which you have previously participated, and you can only control that at the global level. Once you've participated, there doesn't seem to be a way to control which individual threads you continue to get notifications for - it's all or nothing. Minor thing I guess
    Ossie1972 said:

OK I hadn't noticed the star, thanks. Although that still doesn't really do it: if you want to specifically get notifications for a particular thread, great, use the star. But if you haven't "starred" it, notifications will come for threads in which you have previously participated, and you can only control that at the global level. Once you've participated, there doesn't seem to be a way to control which individual threads you continue to get notifications for - it's all or nothing. Minor thing I guess

You just go the other way. Turn off notifications on participated, then use the star for those you want to watch.
    BillyYank said:

You just go the other way. Turn off notifications on participated, then use the star for those you want to watch.

Yep that's the obvious answer - that's what I've now done - just didn't know about the star. Thanks!

• HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
    edited April 2017
    Is there a way in EEKeeper to Edit "Time Spent w/ Party" and if not, can someone let me know how to edit another way please? I've got a bug where Kagain's Time reset to zero after I kicked him out briefly. Not a big deal I guess, but bugs my OCD like self.
  • fortysevenfortyseven Member Posts: 96
    Hi there is there a way to add opcodes to the ee keeper? I would very much like to use the opcode 346 "Saving Throw vs School" which is currently not in the edit effects list in version 1.0.3.6. This op code was added with the latest patch. Many thanks!

Is there a way in EEKeeper to Edit "Time Spent w/ Party" and if not, can someone let me know how to edit another way please? I've got a bug where Kagain's Time reset to zero after I kicked him out briefly. Not a big deal I guess, but bugs my OCD like self.

Not currently, but I'd be happy to add it. @HaHaCharade

I'll make a note of that and see about adding it in the next build. (Note: the next release won't be until after the release of PSTEE, probably about a week.) It should be similar to the Day, Hour, Minute approach for the journal entries for ease of user input.

Hi there is there a way to add opcodes to the ee keeper? I would very much like to use the opcode 346 "Saving Throw vs School" which is currently not in the edit effects list in version 1.0.3.6. This op code was added with the latest patch. Many thanks!

The DAT file included with Keeper is basically a CSV file. You can add it in there following the conventions used by other opcodes. @fortyseven
    HaHaCharadeSjerriemlneveseJuliusBorisov
    Troodon80 said:

Not currently, but I'd be happy to add it. @HaHaCharade

I'll make a note of that and see about adding it in the next build. (Note: the next release won't be until after the release of PSTEE, probably about a week.) It should be similar to the Day, Hour, Minute approach for the journal entries for ease of user input.

The DAT file included with Keeper is basically a CSV file. You can add it in there following the conventions used by other opcodes. @fortyseven
    Thanks! Ya know I guess its not a huge deal, but there seems to be some bugginess in the game with the whole "Time Spent w/ Party" mechanic. You ditch someone, get them back, it alters the time pretty severely. I tend to be a bit OC with video games, so I could always edit their time spent values back if I cared to. Yeah, I'm weird haha :smile:
    Troodon80
  • ZeshinXZeshinX Member Posts: 88
    Here's an odd one...EE Keeper 1.0.3.6 won't load more than once in Windows 10 (either standalone or installer version).

Reboot Windows, it loads just fine, but won't load again. Reboot, then it will load just fine, but not again until another reboot. Weird.

Happening with Win10 Professional (1703, build 15063.138).
    Troodon80
    edited April 2017
    ZeshinX said:

Here's an odd one...EE Keeper 1.0.3.6 won't load more than once in Windows 10 (either standalone or installer version).

Reboot Windows, it loads just fine, but won't load again. Reboot, then it will load just fine, but not again until another reboot. Weird.

After you quit it. Wait a minute, then check your task manager and see if it's still running.
    Troodon80Sjerrie
    BillyYank said:

ZeshinX said:

After you quit it. Wait a minute, then check your task manager and see if it's still running.
    Most definitely not still running. First thing I checked. :)
    Troodon80
    Well, problem solved. Back to Windows 7. :smile:
  • SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,234
    @ZeshinX I have tested but have not encountered the problem you describe. I'm guessing a runtime thingie that EEKeeper calls upon is not correctly unloaded from memory after EEKeeper closes, leading Windows to think EEKeeper itself is still active.

Off-topic: I miss Win7 too...
  • luskanluskan Member Posts: 269
    Quick question: is there a way to see/change what items you have in the inventory containers like the Bag of Holding?
    Sjerrie
    luskan said:

Quick question: is there a way to see/change what items you have in the inventory containers like the Bag of Holding?

Not yet (I do have plans for it, however).
    ZeshinX said:

I've been testing Keeper on Build 16179.rs_prerelease.170414-1642. No issues on my end. I would ask for more information, but if Windows 7 solves the problem... fair enough. :P
    luskanSjerrielolienJuliusBorisov
    edited April 2017
    Troodon80 said:

luskan said:

Not yet (I do have plans for it, however).
    ZeshinX said:

I've been testing Keeper on Build 16179.rs_prerelease.170414-1642. No issues on my end. I would ask for more information, but if Windows 7 solves the problem... fair enough. :P
    Well I've reinstalled Win10 since I found a solution to a problem with another old game (Starfleet Command: Orion Pirates if anyone cares). Sadly the same issue I reported with EE Keeper came back.

However, I've turned on compatibility mode (Windows XP, SP3) and that seems to have done it. It launches every time without issue at the moment (using the non-installed method for 1.0.3.6).

I'll try a couple reboots and see if that keeps things running smoothly.

*Update: Yep, that seems to have done the trick. Haven't had the problem recur since setting it to use Windows XP, SP3 in compatibility mode. :smile:

*Update 2: My Windows build version is slightly changed from when I initially had this issue (likely from a couple more updates), but figured I'd put it here for sake of completeness: Windows 10 Pro, 1703, Build: 15063.250
    Just noticed the Time Spent w/ Party bug again. 32 days Baeloth was with me, ditched him, completed Neera's side quest, Picked him up... just over 12 days spent with party now.
  • cbarchukcbarchuk Member Posts: 322
    Hi there, I just updated my ee keeper to 1.0.3.5. I've got the game and save directory correct but every time I load a save game ee keeper says there are missing items and spells. I'm assuming this has to do with the RR mod I have installed. How do I get ee keeper to read these items correctly?
  • jtdroleplayerjtdroleplayer Member Posts: 55
    @Troodon80 Hey just curious is you would mind giving me a step by step for setting ee keeper up without having the game installed on my computer as I only have it on my mobile. Not sure what files to create in my c: drive and how to path the install directory properly and where to copy and unzip things to I know I need certain files not sure which ones exactly and where to place my save game files from bgee/2ee
    @jtdroleplayer,

First question: what mobile device? Apple or Android? Note: I don't know of any way to make it work with the install on on iOS since you need to copy the install from your device to your PC/Mac.
  • jtdroleplayerjtdroleplayer Member Posts: 55
    @Troodon80 Thanks for the fast reaponse i have an android Samsung s7 took about an hourl of trial an error of file placements and pathing but I got for working . Weird thing is my pips tab in ee keeper is completely blank all I have access to is legacy pips.

I wasn't trying to power game just set up a new character in bg2ee so like I played through bgee a base of 93 stats with the extra the tomes offer 161000 exp and the proper amount of pips but now I have no duel wield and legacy pips lol

edited May 2017
    Found an apparent bug with editing save files with EEKeeper. If a character is dual-classed, occasionally EEKeeper (after editing a save log) will restore that character's Weapon proficiencies from the previous class (even though the dual-class is not complete).

For example: I dual-classed Shar-Teel at 3rd level thief. At that point, her Fighter proficiencies were hidden, and I could only see her thief proficiencies while in game (normal behavior). In EEKeeper, you see both sets of proficiencies (in different columns, again normal behavior). However, sometimes after editing a save, these columned proficiencies are doubling. So in the proficiencies section for the character you then show 3 in Longsword (under the fighter column) *and* 3 under Longsword for Thief. This gives the character back its fighter proficiencies before the dual-classing is complete. This has happened to me 3 times now. Its not constant, but each time it does, I go back into EEKeeper and remove the added slots.

Troodon80
  • egbertegbert Member Posts: 99
    edited May 2017
    Bug Report

BG2EE:
    Trying to change an inventory entry from empty to "Statuette of Lathander" crashed v1.0.4.0.
    Doing the same with v1.0.3.6 caused no problems.
    Post edited by egbert on
    Yes, I already removed 1.0.4.0. I was aware of it just after uploading. It'll be a couple days before I can get around to fixing it. It's not a trivial solution, unfortunately.
    HaHaCharadeJuliusBorisov
    edited June 2017
    @HaHaCharade @egbert

Feel like giving it a go again? This overhauled the inventory handling, so it should be a bit better.
    Post edited by Troodon80 on
    JuliusBorisovlolien