Skip to content

Your Party Screen Shots

Comments

• blackchimesblackchimes Member Posts: 323
    edited April 2017
    The party has been assembled! Kind of.

In their endless drive to implement changes no one ever asked for, Beamdog decided that what BG:EE needed was spawns based not only on average party level but also party size. Which is a major setback for anyone soloing the game.

But there is a way out - it seems that Beamdog forgot to add a check whether or not the party members are actually still alive... so you can still get the full-size spawns, if only you travel with a troupe of vengeful spirits.
    sarevok57[Deleted User]BlackravenUnderstandMouseMagic
  • The party has been assembled! Kind of.

In their endless drive to implement changes no one ever asked for, Beamdog decided that what BG:EE needed was spawns based not only on average party level but also party size. Which is a major setback for anyone soloing the game.

But there is a way out - it seems that Beamdog forgot to add a check whether or not the party members are actually still alive... so you can still get the full-size spawns, if only you travel with a troupe of vengeful spirits.

Insightful! Thank you for that tip. It's probably not an error by Beamdog. After all, party members can die. Dropping the difficulty of a battle because one or two of your party members died in the previous battle and you couldn't resurrect them before doesn't seem like a sensible move.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    argent77 said:

By exploiting the "Bag of Holding" trick I was able to transfer pretty much all items and equipment from the SoD campaign over to Athkatla.

What's the trick?
    Blackraven
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    Isn't it easier to just give yourself the items you want via console/EE Keeper?
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    Not really if you have hundreds of (potentially useful) items in your Bag of Holding. But you can certainly use the console to create the bag itself.
    JuliusBorisovAndreaColomboBlackraven
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,014
    I am playing SoD now from a BGEE import and had Neere's bag on me at the end of the game, having ditched Neera early on after snagging her gem bag. Her gem bag from BGEE and in SoD apparently use the same resources as now I have double of all of my rings of invisibility, necklaces of missiles, greenstone amulets, etc. Is this similar behavior?
    Blackraven
  • brunardobrunardo Member Posts: 526
    You should be able to bring over items from BG/SOD but that happened to me on my last SOD playthrough...halfway through my EET modded BG run (Ch.3) and just getting ready for durlags tower...here's my stats profile too I forgot to post earlier

Aerakar[Deleted User]BlackravenVasculio
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    Aerakar said:

I am playing SoD now from a BGEE import and had Neere's bag on me at the end of the game, having ditched Neera early on after snagging her gem bag. Her gem bag from BGEE and in SoD apparently use the same resources as now I have double of all of my rings of invisibility, necklaces of missiles, greenstone amulets, etc. Is this similar behavior?

Do you really have double? Usually when this happens, taking an item out of one instance of the bag also removes it from the other instance, since they share the same store file.
    JuliusBorisov
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,014
    Hmmm. Did not test that @BillyYank . I will do that when I get home tonight.

I actually hope that is the case. I have not actually tried to use any of the items and parked the bag in my travel chest. Otherwise the temptation to use that stuff could overwhelm me!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    AerakarVasculio
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    ^ What item mods are you using?

Appreciate some of the items in you screenshots are from SoD, but other items have recolored icons or completely new icons I'd never seen before.
    Noobacca
    The majority of items are part of Weimer's Item Upgrade mod (and possibly "Under-Represented Items"). Some of them are quite overpowered, so it's probably not for everyone.

Some other items come from various quest or companion mods.
    AndreaColombo
  • I see you used a level uncapper. Why did you use it? Just curious, I imagine it would make you a bit overpowered, especially in BGEE and SoD, if you did most quests.

I like playing overpowered characters. :) It feels more like you're playing a child of the gods (and it helped to unlock certain options from one of my installed mods). Actually the characters felt somewhat overpowered only since midway through SoA and in ToB, especially since I didn't have any fighters or mages for large parts of the game.
    [Deleted User]AerakarSkaroseBlackraven
  • brunardobrunardo Member Posts: 526
    Lol I did the same on those four...yeah finding weimers items mod a bit OP but fun having new gear added.
  • kungfuhobbitkungfuhobbit Member Posts: 168
    edited June 2017
    [redacted]