Skip to content

2.0 update ETA?

Comments

• fetito666fetito666 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 204
    /me drools on keyboard

Icewind Dale Enhanced Edition 2.0 <3
    Aedan[Deleted User]
  • JumboWheat01JumboWheat01 Member Posts: 1,028
    Poor keyboard. What ever did it do to you?
    So from whatever we currently are straight to 2.4 that the BG series will have.

If this holds true, I'll look forward to playing through IWD:EE with the graphical changes helping me along.
    fetito666[Deleted User]
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    great news. looking forward to iwd-in-eet
    fetito666
  • PhælinPhælin Member Posts: 316
    I can't find the options to change the sprite outlines and the colour circles under the characters...
    ...is that because of the lack of patch 2.0?
    Yes, that was something introduced in the BG 2.0 patches. When the next big patch hits Icewind Dale, we'll most likely get those features.
    Phælin
  • FoxterFoxter Member Posts: 20
    It may sound unusual, but regarding the Icewind Dale EE 1.4 on Windows, I find it quite good in the current stage. The new UI from BGEE 2.x and the way the characters look in that version is not something I would want in Icewind Dale EE.

Call me old school if you want but I kept a BG1EE / BG2EE pre-2.x patch kit for playing and recently I also downloaded the Icewind Dale EE 1.4 from my GOG account just in case something goes wrong after the 2.x patch for Icewind Dale EE is released.
    Quartz
  • pst1pst1 Member Posts: 2

Can't wait for the update in IWD! And have hope for IWDII:EE.
    [Deleted User]
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    Foxter said:

It may sound unusual, but regarding the Icewind Dale EE 1.4 on Windows, I find it quite good in the current stage. The new UI from BGEE 2.x and the way the characters look in that version is not something I would want in Icewind Dale EE.

Call me old school if you want but I kept a BG1EE / BG2EE pre-2.x patch kit for playing and recently I also downloaded the Icewind Dale EE 1.4 from my GOG account just in case something goes wrong after the 2.x patch for Icewind Dale EE is released.

I kinda want to try out the Shaman class in IWD though. If they add it in properly that's a perfect class for the frozen north!
    fetito666QuartzKamigoroshisemiticgoddess
  • PurudayaPurudaya Member Posts: 816
    Luke93 said:
    Hmm, sounds like they still have a ways to go. Kind of torn: while I'm happy that these games are still getting patches and features years after launch, the length of time between launch and final state is getting to be a bit much. I generally stick up for Beamdog, but not being able to even guess whether 2.4 is coming this quarter, next quarter, or even this year is frustrating. The developer has been around long enough that it should be able to offer approximate ETAs on products and patches even if they have to include a 2-6 month margin of error.

Unless those gamergate fanatics who review-bombed SoD did more damage to the company than I thought, in which case I sympathize. But even then, more transparency would be nice.
    themazingnessRaduziel
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Balrog99 said:

I kinda want to try out the Shaman class in IWD though. If they add it in properly that's a perfect class for the frozen north!

I'll probably prefer the class in IWD over BG, ironically. I feel ya.
  • WesboiWesboi Member Posts: 403
    Thing is I set myself with the mindset that mobile platforms are in a state of abandonment and just added my own fixes. Pain in the arse. Obviously not everyone can make there own fixes and surely beamdog must embarrassed to take people's money and not deliver what's expected from a gaming company in the 21st century.

I've even put my main mod I'm making on hold due to updates not happening considering I mainly play or used to on android devices. Only game I have left installed currently is BG2.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Purudaya said:

Luke93 said:
    Hmm, sounds like they still have a ways to go. Kind of torn: while I'm happy that these games are still getting patches and features years after launch, the length of time between launch and final state is getting to be a bit much. I generally stick up for Beamdog, but not being able to even guess whether 2.4 is coming this quarter, next quarter, or even this year is frustrating. The developer has been around long enough that it should be able to offer approximate ETAs on products and patches even if they have to include a 2-6 month margin of error.

Unless those gamergate fanatics who review-bombed SoD did more damage to the company than I thought, in which case I sympathize. But even then, more transparency would be nice.
    This may be just me, but I always considered 1.3/1.4 to be final state. Its the closest to the original in form and function, and is far more stable than the original games ever were. I consider 2.0 and up to be gravy.
    tbone1[Deleted User]DaevelonStummvonBordwehr
  • PurudayaPurudaya Member Posts: 816

Purudaya said:

while I'm happy that these games are still getting patches and features years after launch, the length of time between launch and final state is getting to be a bit much.

Wesboi said:

surely beamdog must embarrassed to take people's money and not deliver what's expected from a gaming company in the 21st century.

I'm not sure I understand. These things are being posted in the IWDEE forum. IWDEE 1.4 is a stable, playable game which (as far as I know) includes everything the developer intended it to include, and everything players have wanted it to include. What about it is not in its "final state?" In what way is Beamdog "taking people's money and not delivering what's expected?"

Please understand, that is not argument, or rhetorical, or snark. I'm not understanding those posts and seeking clarification.

IWDEE 1.4:
    - Includes the entirety of the game
    - Plays very well
    - Is very stable
    - Way, way after it was released in this state, Apple is changing their operating system in a way that will harm the usability of the app. Instead of letting things lie, Beamdog is working ahead of time to adapt the game and ensure it will work well into the future. As of now, it seems like there may not be any interruption at all, which is kind of impressive given that Apple sprung this on them while they were in the midst of a different, major product development.

Maybe those posts were not communicated well, or maybe I'm missing something or just dense. But what, exactly, is the perceived problem here?
    ThacoBell said:

I always considered [1.4] to be final state. Its the closest to the original in form and function, and is far more stable than the original games ever were. I consider 2.0 and up to be gravy.

Seems to me this pretty much sums it up.
    I'm pretty sure that I remember the developers promising feature parity - which is mainly what I'm referring to - although I could be wrong. IWD is (mostly) good to go in terms of bugs and stability, but I've gotten so used to the integral new BG features that their absence seems glaring whenever I revisit it. I suppose that's what I mean when I say "finished state," though that was a poor/imprecise choice of words.

As I said, I'm a fan of Beamdog, but I think the point still stands re: ETAs and transparency. By now, even an extremely rough ETA with multiple revisions would be welcome.
    edited June 2017
    Wondering why posts got deleted. Nevermind.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    edited June 2017
    The way I see, IWDEE is a great game that Beamdog killed by being negligent with it.

Just look at how many mods are there for BG and how many are there for IWD.

Look at both forums here. The main thing that is debated in this forum is exactly this: ETA for the update.

If the game is "ready as it is", don't tell us that will be an update. Just be honest and say "guys, that's it, IWDEE for us is dead as a doornail".

To be honest, I'm feeling stupid for having bought this game since the day I heard that there is a new patch for PSTEE being developed and we don't hear a word about 2.4 for IWDEE.

I mean, PSTEE just got out of the oven, for Pete's sake. If it is not playable and demand a patch ASAP, Beamdog screwed things up and shouldn't have released it already. If that's not the case, they should let people play PSTEE and focus on their loyal costumers that are patiently waiting for IWDEE's update. And, for my surprise, even defending Beamdog in this matter.

Things get even worst when you think that most of the public that bought IWDEE is a potential customer for PSTEE. What guarantee do I have that Beamdog wouldn't do the same with PSTEE? And with any new product?

Beamdog is damaging itself and its own name by putting IWDEE constantly aside. And the day its costumers realize how disrespectful is this attitude, the sh*t will hit the fan for the company (pardon my French).
    Post edited by Raduziel on
    Shikao
  • dibdib Member Posts: 384
    edited June 2017
    After having played BG(2)EE for a long while and starting up IWDEE for the first time I noticed how all animations and camera movement felt so much less choppy, the UI feels more responsive and in BG I always saw weird graphical glitches and artifacts - often parts of the screen starts flickering for a while and parts of the map with interactive objects like doors often don't match up with the surrounding area and are a few pixels off, non of that in IWD.

The only thing I've missed so far is fallen.2da (I like having an Archer even in evil parties). Otherwise I'm perfectly happy with IWDEE as it is and will probably abstain from updating if there ever is a patch.

Oh, and this:
    Wagner235 said:

For me, 2.0 is mostly needed because of dual wield switch option. Tis really sad that my Elf ranger can not use bow and scimitars at the same time :smile:

• hackinslashhackinslash Member Posts: 46
    Only reason I'd like IWD to be updated would be for my EET mega install. This part is just waiting on Beamdog to patch so we can move forward. http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=27759
  • RawgrimRawgrim Member Posts: 621
    2.0 means those horrendous sprites will get added, and probably a ton of new bugs. IWD works perfectly right now. Don't fix what isn't broken.
    Rawgrim said:

2.0 means those horrendous sprites will get added, and probably a ton of new bugs. IWD works perfectly right now. Don't fix what isn't broken.

Considering the amount of bugs for android it's far from working perfectly.
  • fetito666fetito666 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 204
    Rawgrim said:

You can always turn off the option for the new sprites.
    Raduziel
  • thruddthrudd Member Posts: 96
    Any update on 2.0????
    Ardul[Deleted User]
  • thruddthrudd Member Posts: 96
    Quick question I am Currently Playing Through with a Few groups Just Started Chapter 3, When 2.0 Hits Tell me I don't have to Delete these Saves to get the Highlighted Spirits????
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    thrudd said:

Quick question I am Currently Playing Through with a Few groups Just Started Chapter 3, When 2.0 Hits Tell me I don't have to Delete these Saves to get the Highlighted Spirits????

Nope
    [Deleted User]JuliusBorisov