Skip to content

[v1.61] Drake, a human priest of Tyr NPC for BG:EE and SoD

Comments

•  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    @Wise_Grimwald

Definitely not a change on my part. It's probably caused by some mod that alters the cleric or Priest of Tyr proficiency.
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848

@Wise_Grimwald

Definitely not a change on my part. It's probably caused by some mod that alters the cleric or Priest of Tyr proficiency.

Thanks for the answer.
    edited July 2017
    I'd like to say that I am enjoying this mod very much. Only as far as the first quest in BG so far, but the comments that he makes make him a believable character. :)
    Post edited by Wise_Grimwald on
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    hello, are you planning to make bg2 and ToB content someday?
  • trinittrinit Member Posts: 705
    I second the above question! would love to see the mod for SOA and TOB!
    The answer is a stable yes - I had always planned for BG2 from the start. I'm just balancing it with two other major NPC mods at the moment - kind of a lot, I know, but I find it's helpful to jump between characters when I'm having a hard time working on a particular one.

SoD's not that far off, if I'd just get off my lazy ass and finish off what's left.
    Wise_GrimwaldLavaDelVortelmegamike15

The answer is a stable yes - I had always planned for BG2 from the start. I'm just balancing it with two other major NPC mods at the moment - kind of a lot, I know, but I find it's helpful to jump between characters when I'm having a hard time working on a particular one.

SoD's not that far off, if I'd just get off my lazy ass and finish off what's left.

Looking forward to it. :)
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,680
    And you know that's also what I'm waiting for :P Sending you some energy!
    My new set-up was done with BWS. Sadly I couldn't see any way of incorporating this mod with it as the instructions say that mods cannot be added afterwards. It also says no mods beforehand. Is there any way of doing it other than doing a manual install?
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714

My new set-up was done with BWS. Sadly I couldn't see any way of incorporating this mod with it as the instructions say that mods cannot be added afterwards. It also says no mods beforehand. Is there any way of doing it other than doing a manual install?

I ignore this "don't install nothing after BWS" and things works pretty well 9 out of 10 times.
    edited July 2017
    Raduziel said:

I ignore this "don't install nothing after BWS" and things works pretty well 9 out of 10 times.
    Thanks. :)
  • ArtonaArtona Member Posts: 1,077
    edited July 2017
    @Artemius_I - I enjoyed Drake so far, until I encountered very annoying bug:
    After I talked to Delainy on the Balduran's Isle, Drake keeps initiating conversation, and that makes game literally unplayable.

I have no idea what could've cause that. :(
  • GamingFreakGamingFreak Member Posts: 639
    Nice look, good idea, and nice stats that don't feel too powerful or weak and well-rounded. Good for any Good/Neutral party setting from the looks of it. Can't wait to see more.
  • BlashBlash Member Posts: 248
    I saw Drake NPC for BGEE and EET has been made available on BWS. Does he work for BG2EE too? Is he consistent through all EET (from BG1 to ToB), meaning he keeps same stats, experience points, proficiencies etc. not resetting at BG2 start?
    @Blash

This is not a BG2 mod... in fact it's not even an SoD mod as of right now. I wouldn't even recommend installing and playing it in its current state... it's still very much unfinished and full of unresolved issues... wait on the full release.
    megamike15
    The beta version is now available. Voicing for SoD hasn't been included yet and most of the scripts have only been tested briefly. I would only install if willing to test for bugs.
    Wise_GrimwaldLavaDelVortel
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,680
    edited August 2017
    Great! For SoD conent there is no check for Sirene NPC and since I tried to install Drake first, I got an error. Can be fixed easily, though :) Or just install Sirene first :P
    Wise_Grimwald
    @LavaDelVortel

Whoops! :p I've fixed that. Let's pretend this never happened.
    Wise_GrimwaldLavaDelVortel
  • rashkaerashkae Member Posts: 179
    My early impressions.. Drake has lots of content, which is great. I also find him rather likeable, despite his self image. The audio needs a bit of tweaking though. His Crit. Hit shout outs are rather annoying blasting out at twice the volume of any other character... (On the plus side, a voice acted NCP mod is *great*)
    Wise_Grimwald
    @rashkae

I will normalize the audio files' volumes once I receive the remaining SoD lines and get to update.
    Wise_Grimwald
    @Artemius_I Looks like you are getting there. I like the mod a lot.
    @Wise_Grimwald

Thank you, hope you'll continue to enjoy the mod. I'm currently working on Aura, another BG1 NPC whose BG1 content I'm hoping to have done soon, and there may be a thread about it later (though I've already shared the details in another one of my mod threads).
    Wise_Grimwald
    Updated the mod, fixing a couple of SoD-related dialogue bugs.
    Hope that they aren't important as I have just finished my installation. Yay!! A ridiculous number of mods.
    Raduziel
    @Wise_Grimwald

There will be one talk that never occurs near the end of SoD but it shouldn't break anything. The only other thing I changed were a few lines, so nothing bad will happen if you use the old version.

@Wise_Grimwald

There will be one talk that never occurs near the end of SoD but it shouldn't break anything. The only other thing I changed were a few lines, so nothing bad will happen if you use the old version.

:) Thanks
  • randomencounterrandomencounter Member Posts: 10
    edited August 2017
    Have just started SOD and I can't imagine not taking him in any other playthroughs. He's very likeable.

A few minor bugs i've come across, will update with any others I find:

BG1
    - The talk where he offers you alcohol was bugged without Minsc/Dynaheir in the party.
    - His PID bugged post TOSC after you fight the cult. Kept bringing up the ‘impressed’ dialogue for me.

SOD
    - Safana’s 2nd banter with Drake looped continuously so I skimmed the banter script and looks like a few others may be bugged too - Corwin 1, Voghiln 1 and 2, Neera 1 , Glint 1 , Mkhiin 2.
    - I have Sirene installed as well, and when I went to the Iron Throne Drake was unresponsive. Had to remove him and rejoin to the party to get him working again.
    Post edited by randomencounter on
    @randomencounter

Should all be fixed now
    Wise_Grimwaldrandomencounter