Skip to content

Hidden Stashes

I read somewhere long ago, I forget where, that each map of the game has a "Hidden Stash" on it similar to the Ring of Wizardry found next to that tree on the FAI map.

Is this true? If so, is there a link to a website somewhere showing them all?

Comments

• OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    That's not true. There are plenty of maps with no containers or dropped items in them at all.
  • WarChiefZekeWarChiefZeke Member Posts: 2,651
    Certainly not every map, but quite a few of them have hidden, very small stash spots with some good stuff. I recently found some I never discovered on Werewolf Isle and there are plenty more
  • KelefaneKelefane Member Posts: 15

Certainly not every map, but quite a few of them have hidden, very small stash spots with some good stuff. I recently found some I never discovered on Werewolf Isle and there are plenty more

What did you find? And where?
  • WarChiefZekeWarChiefZeke Member Posts: 2,651
    I can't remember off the top of my head, but a few spots in Baldurans ship which were very tiny had some pretty good stuff. i remember a wand of fireball among others, or perhaps summoning
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    edited July 2017
    - There is the diamond in the tree on the first map near to where you meet Xzar and that other sucker, it gives you good coin as soon as you reach your first shop very early in the game.
    - There is a hidden cache on the plowed field in western part of Nashkel, west of the houses past the river.
    - In Balduran's ship you find a silver dagger to kill the werewolves.
    - Carnival area has some, but mostly trash.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Here is what I know

- There's a (very) nice armor in a crop field at Nashkel

- You can find a Wand of Frost in a tree stump at Nashkel Mines

- A nice ring and a star sapphire can be found in the same area you get the first fight from Dorn's quest

- A ring that doubles the amount of 1st level wizard spells can be found close to Friendly Arm Inn

- As @PaulaMigrate said, there's a diamond in a tree close to Xzar and Montaron

- The Tome of Dexterity can be found in a barrel behind the vendor at the thieves guild of BG

- A ring of protection +1 is inside a stone in the same area you may fight an ogre and see the remains of a raided caravan (IIRC)

• AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,024
    edited July 2017
    On the gnoll fortress, I do not remember this. Is it something consequential or just gems and such?

- There is hidden stash from Samuel the deserter in the area where you find him, it's in a rock wall south east of where the flaming fist guy is.
    - A number of caches are in the caves in bandit camp and gnoll fortress. There is also secret booty on the most western tower of the gnoll fort.

edited July 2017
    Aerakar said:

On the gnoll fortress, I do not remember this. Is it something consequential or just gems and such?

- There is hidden stash from Samuel the deserter in the area where you find him, it's in a rock wall south east of where the flaming fist guy is.
    - A number of caches are in the caves in bandit camp and gnoll fortress. There is also secret booty on the most western tower of the gnoll fort.

One is a tome of something which alters stats.

- other: In the mad mage's hut on Balduran's island on a table are some extras in addition to the things already mentioned on the ship.
  • Papa_LouPapa_Lou Member Posts: 263
    I seem to remember there being a small stash on the same map as Rufie and Albert (I could possibly have those names wrong) with a couple high-level scrolls, though I can't remember which ones off the top of my head.
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,318
    Those who don't like the idea of relieving Drizzt of his weapons may want to loot the +2 scimitar on the roof of Durlag's Tower.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Papa_Lou said:

I seem to remember there being a small stash on the same map as Rufie and Albert (I could possibly have those names wrong) with a couple high-level scrolls, though I can't remember which ones off the top of my head.

One awesome high-level scroll. And the names are correct. :)
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    Aerakar said:

I always enjoy the entire Rufie and Albert map. Besides a boy and his lost dog, there is the fastest dart thrower, a group of uppity Amnian hunters with great early game gear, and of course the Bob Newhart show refugees towards the bottom.

I always figgered Jase, the lil boy near the overturned caravan right above Beregost, when speaking of his buddy Albert, meant THAT Albert, and if he really new what he was. If your mean to Jase he does mention Albert could whoop the tar outa ya. Yeah, no kiddin. B)

• fatelessfateless Member Posts: 330
    He is referencing the same Albert.

I've long forgotten most of the secret stashes. What I have noticed more is that a lot of the just incidental containers have actually been removed in the EE games. I used to make a lot of early gold just going through barrels and crates and other things that are drawn to be laying around everywhere that you just can't interact with most of them anymore. This may have inadvertently taken out some of the stashes as well.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @fateless nope, if you rescued his child, it was straight to the Grove.
    @ThacoBell I remember being able to take it to one of the priests or return it to some family member or something as well. But maybe I'm mixing two quests.
    @fateless perhaps you are thinking of the Colchette family amulet found in the screen south of Beregost and returnable to the family patriarch in a house in Beregost town?
    @arekar no I know I'm not thinking of that one. that is picked up two screens south of Beregost at the fire. either from one of the hobgoblins or the corpse there shortly after you enter the screen. but I can never remember the house it goes back to.
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985

You guys don't want to know how much time I spent on different maps, slowly dragging my cursor back and forth... :)

Yes I do ... ;)

• OrlonKronsteenOrlonKronsteen Member Posts: 905
    tbone1 said:

You guys don't want to know how much time I spent on different maps, slowly dragging my cursor back and forth... :)

Yes I do ... ;)

Fortunately for me, records from that period are spotty at best. ;)
  • LoldrupLoldrup Member Posts: 291

There is also secret booty on the most western tower of the gnoll fort.

I am standing on that tower now. I can't see any stash. My 'higlight containers' button is turned on.
    I think what @PaulaMigrate meant were the xvart caves below the gnoll fortress with the ability tome, but I will let PaulaMigrate confirm.
    Loldrup said:

There is also secret booty on the most western tower of the gnoll fort.

I am standing on that tower now. I can't see any stash. My 'higlight containers' button is turned on.
    I was wrong, It does not exist in EE. In the old game there was a small elite party of veteran gnolls behind that tower right of the platform and they had interesting loot.
    The other stash is in one of those xvart caves.
    edited August 2017
    There were also several barrels spread around the area of the gnoll fortress that you can still kind of see at times in the map that had lootable containers. AT least one of which usually had some decent to good treasure or sometimes a couple of useful spells. AT least one of those groups was over on the left area of the fortress.
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    edited August 2017
    Just to add.

The only reason I did find it was because I killed some xvarts on top of it and was picking up the loot.

I knew they had to be good for something. I'm going to feel so guilty next time I practise genocide going through their village on the other map............actually probably not. :p
  • LoldrupLoldrup Member Posts: 291

I was wrong, It does not exist in EE. In the old game there was a small elite party of veteran gnolls behind that tower right of the platform and they had interesting loot.
    The other stash is in one of those xvart caves.

Did Beamdog remove content..? Why??