Skip to content

[MOD] EEUITweaks Mod Collection - All EE (v2.2+) Platforms

Comments

• RatatoskrRatatoskr Member Posts: 711
    I was afraid of that. It sounds like I'll have to use the other portrait picker until I get SOD.
    This is seriously the most useful mod. I'm particularly excited about the auto-roller.
    Now all we need is a version for the IWD GUI too and we'll really have everything :wink:
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    edited November 2019
    Post edited by lefreut on
  • AncientCowboyAncientCowboy Member Posts: 199
    @lefreut - I agree with you completely from a usability viewpoint. Unfortunately I've discovered that using the WeiDU SUBCOMPONENT mechanism on mods that have very different REQUIRE_PREDICATE clauses can be messy (and potentially impossible) to sort out; so I've been avoiding it recently. I'll put it in my 'ToDoList' spreadsheet for 2.1 - this particular case shouldn't be a big problem. However, if someone comes up with a Journal mod that works with some of the platforms that work with Mr2150's but not lefreut's; and some of the platforms that work with lefreut's but not Mr2150's; and one or more platforms that don't work with either - things may get ugly :) .
  • switswit Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 495
    @AncientCowboy, one little change is needed when it comes to EET compatibility, 'CHARGEN_CLASS' section:

onopen "currentChargenClass = nil"
    =>

onopen "currentChargenClass = nil currentChargenKit = nil"
    After installing all tweaks from this mod this recent change in EET UI code was not present. Without resetting currentChargenKit EET code that assigns biography can be fouled by multi-class characters when previously some kit was chosen (because CHARGEN_KIT is not opened at all for multi-class characters so old value would be stored). This change won't conflict with vanilla GUI. Thanks in advance.
    @swit - Thanks! I'll need to chase down the mod(s) that change that and put in the correction.
    @swit (and everyone interested) - the offending mod is 'Abdul's Unhide Chargen Options'. The correction will appear in version 2.1 hopefully to be released within the next couple of weeks. Until then, anyone installing that mod in an EET environment should make the above mentioned correction to UI.MENU after installing the mod. Alternatively, before installing the mod you can change line 4 of 'EEUITweaks/menu/AdulUnhideChargen/cgclassonopen.menu'. In either case, be sure to only add the 'currentChargenKit = nil' statement to the line. Leave the remainder of the onopen code as it is.
    Thanks!
  • agb1agb1 Member Posts: 249
    I've temporarily hidden component 1050 for EET installs in BWS.
    AncientCowboy
    Thanks! And while I'm at it - thanks for all the work you do supporting modders in BWS. It's an excellent tool.

Version 2.1

This version includes the following changes:

• Added support for Trinit's IWD GUI for BG2:EE/BG1:EE (SoD installation) full UI.MENU platform. Designated as platforms 'M' and 'N' in the 'Current Mods' table in post 2 of this topic.
    • New mod - 'lefreut's Inscribed Arcana'. Lefreut's Mage Book and Priest Scrolls extracted from LeUI, packaged as a single mod with a reasonable length title. Only installable on BG2 'flavored' UIs.
    • Re-implemented 'Feedback Message Box Buttons Hack' and 'Dee's Permanent Thieving Button' to look better (Message Box Buttons), improve functional consistency (Thieving Button), but mostly to integrate properly with the ACTION_BAR (both). Details in mod specific topics posts.
    • Added support for 'Feedback Message Box Buttons Hack' to Kilivitz's Revised Dragon Scale UI
    • Made Mr2150's and lefreut's Journal mods 'Either/Or' choices (SUBCOMPONENTs) as suggested by lefreut. In the process, learned how to deal with the issue I had concerning mutually exclusive SUBCOMPONENT conflicts.
    • Fixed the compatibility issue 'Adul's Unhide Chargen Options' had with EET.
    • Changed the installation order of a couple of mods to simplify conflict resolution.
    • Fixed an issue wherein a dark line was occasionally appearing across the bottom of 'lefreut's Tooltip Scroll'
    • Various minor tweaks, polishing, and updates to the supporting code and structures.

Enjoy!

Ratatoskr

Version 2.2

With the increasing size of EEUITweaks, it has become necessary for me to find an alternative to uploading a single zip archive file to the initial post. As I already have a GitHub project for EEUITweaks in support of Big World Setup (BWS), and it has already become somewhat tedious to maintain two separate trees - I've chosen to use the GitHub distribution exclusively, and to replace the uploaded archive in the initial post with an https link to the GitHub archive. The EEUITweaks-master archive/directory contains the usual setup-EEUITweaks.exe executable and EEUITweaks directory; along with a couple of .git**** files which can be ignored. What shouldn't be ignored is that this installation uses the typical WeiDU EEUITweaks/backup location for saving un-install information rather than a separate EEUITweaksbackup directory as was used previously. This means that you should follow the recommended 'un-install/update/re-install' sequence whenever you decide to update EEUITweaks.

The interesting stuff - what's new:

• Added support for Trinit's IWD2 GUI for BG2:EE full UI.MENU platform. Designated as platform 'O' in the 'Current Mods' table in post 2 of this topic.
    • New mod - 'lefreut's Character Creation Screens'. The sequence of LeUI screens involved in creating/importing/exporting a character, exclusive of the portrait picker. Only installable on 'BG2 flavored' UIs. I need to play Ranger more often - took a while figuring out how to test 'CHARGEN_HATEDRACE' :smile: .
    • Removed lefreut's LeUI portrait picker from lefreut's Customize Screens Tweaks and made it a separate Portrait Picker option along with Billy Yank's and Mr2150's mods. More flexibility/options for fans of BG2 style UIs.
    • Re-implemented Kilivitz's Revised Dragon Scale UI support for Feedback Message Box Hack and Dee's Permanent Thieving Button so that when both are installed, the Action Bar remains the same width as the Message Box.
    • Fixed a real 'Duh' issue in Feedback Message Box so that the symbol in the 'Decrease' button now looks like a minus (-) sign rather than a vertical bar.
    • Did a lot of work removing graphical resource redundancies and minimizing 'visual cross-mod pollution' (i.e. inadvertently affecting visual elements other than the mod's intended elements).
    • Various minor tweaks, polishing, and updates to the supporting code and structures.

Enjoy!

lefreutGrimLefourbe

Version 2.3

I've released a new version of EEUITweaks - Available here.

New Mods:

• Kilivitz's Classic Spell Books
    • elminster's Easier Area Cheats
    • lefreut's Journal Fixes

Changes/Updates:

• Changed the installation of Mr2150's Portrait Picker such that for SoD/EET-SoD; rather than asking (via a rather lame attempt at humor) whether you want the version that supports Scale UI or not, there are now two unique installation options - Mr2150's Portrait Picker (Scaleable UI) and Mr2150's Portrait Picker (Non-Scaleable UI). Less ambiguity and more BWS-friendly.
    • Updated lefreut's Character Creation Screens and lefreut's Journal to incorporate changes made in LeUI 1.6/1.7.
    • Renamed Adul's Improved Store Useability to Adul's Smooth Selling and updated code to v1.2.

Other stuff:

• Changed the 'installation progress' messages (e.g. "Opening UI.MENU") from PRINT to LOG. They will no longer clutter your installation window but will still appear in the setup DEBUG file.
    • Fixed several typos and made minor format changes in module lists and dependency notes that are in the second post of this thread.

Enjoy!

ALIENlefreutRavenslight
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,269
    Less ambiguity and more BWS-friendly.
    <3
  • unavailableunavailable Member Posts: 268
    edited May 2017
    good job
    AncientCowboy
    Thanks!

Version 2.4

New Stuff:

• Support for Planescape:Torment Enhance Edition. Only a couple of mods so far (Mods Options/Hidden Options and Mr2150's Auto-Identify Items), but the infrastructure is now in place.

Changed/Updated Stuff:

• Updated lefreut's Portrait Picker and Character Creation Screens to incorporate changes made in LeUI v1.8.
    • Added support for Kilivitz's Revised Dragon Scale UI Version 3.0. As KRDS is now a collection of components rather than a full UI.MENU replacement, the table in the second post of this thread represents compatibility/conflicts when all of the KRDS components are installed. If you install only some of the KRDS components, you may find that additional EEUITweaks components can be installed.
    • A near complete re-write of the Hidden Options plug-in to Mods Options. Details found here.

Other stuff:

• Significant work done to make the infrastructure more tolerent of individual module installation failure; prevent attempting installation on non-UI.MENU IE versions; and reduce some of the visual 'noise' during installation.

Enjoy!

KilivitzGrimLefourbe
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,678
    @AncientCowboy - Oh, my stuff! Thanks for taking care of the files I sent you :blush:
    You're welcome! Good stuff.
    Time to get the new version since I'll be doing another run soon. Seriously, I don't know what I would do without this, especially since Beamdog made custom portraits pretty much unusable without a mod.
    The only thing that would make this more convenient is if I could pick my UIs at the same time rather than installing them separately :wink:
    @Ratatoskr - Thanks for the kind words, and I'm glad you find EEUITweaks useful.

Several months ago I looked into including support for the full UI replacement packages and what exactly it might entail. Even with the (compared to now) small number of packages then available; to do it right would have been a larger, more complex effort than I was able to undertake. Now it would be even tougher.

No one has yet (that I know of) created a full replacement UI for PST:EE' ... :smile:. And IWD1 is almost certainly destined for the UI.MENU environment - which will mean both individual mods and packages to support. I suspect I'll have all I can handle over the next few months.
    No worries. I wasn't actually expecting all the UIs to be added in, that was just a wish list for a perfect world :smile: The fact that I can take bits and pieces of Lefreut's is already pretty great.

Version 2.6

New Stuff:

• Created variations of Leveling Progress Bars Tweaks and Leveling Progress Bars Options for PST:EE that are appropriate to the PST:EE UI visual and interaction styles. See Several Leveling Progress Bar tweaks for details.

Changed/Updated Stuff:

• This version of EEUITweaks supports stable version 242 of WeiDU incorporating full PST:EE support. As well as having a more reliable mechanism for identifying/resolving PST:EE conflicts and/or dependencies, LavaDelVortel's Sculpted Transparent Sidebars now uses dynamic PVRZ filename mapping.
    • Tweaked Mod Options for PST:EE to improve visual consistency with Hidden Game Options
    • Updated lefreut's Character Creation Screens to be consistent with LeUI v2.1.
    • Updated lefreut's Portrait Picker to be consistent with LeUI v2.1.
    • Updated lefreut's Inscribed Arcana to be consistent with LeUI v2.1.
    • Improved visual integration of Faydark's Abilities Auto-Roller/GrimLefourbe's BG2 UI with the Abilities Screens of lefreut's Enhanced UI and lefreut's Character Creation Screens.
    • Fixed a couple of configuration specific installation bugs for Leveling Progress Bars Tweaks on Kilivit's Revised Dragon Scale UI platform.

Other stuff:

• On-going improvements in the underlying EEUITweaks framework, files, and structures.

Enjoy!

ALIENRavenslight
  • NakaraNakara Member Posts: 13
    Just a random, off-topic sorta question, but for years I've been wondering something. With all of these vast improvements to UI systems of a buncha different types, will it ever be possible to add one or more quick bars somewhere on the screen to quickslot more than just 3 usable items or more than 3 spells?

Been stuck with murdering the finger having to cycle through spells playing as a cleric/mage, so really hoping this can one day be a thing.
    @Nakara - An interesting idea. Unfortunately, the Action Bar support code is pretty well 'hard coded' so doing anything along this line is probably going to have to wait until Action Bar is opened up. @lefreut lists this as item 5 in List of UI Modding bugs/requests, so hopefully we'll see this addressed in the future.
  • NakaraNakara Member Posts: 13
    @AncientCowboy Ahhhh, real damn shame. Not wanting to turn a Baldur's Gate experience into something like WoW or anything, but the concept does sound so much better than clicking the 'next page' button so many times.

A spell-happy mage strapped with the Robe of Vecna and Amulet of Power, fueled by Improved Alacrity...It leads to terrible things.

• ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    edited November 2017
    Mods Options is described as being compatible with Lefreut's Enhanced UI options, but when I install this after installing Lefreut's Enhanced UI options, I get the following error:

Install Component [Mods Options]?
    [I]nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit? i

Installing [Mods Options] [2.6]

ERROR Installing [Mods Options], rolling back to previous state
    Will uninstall 6 files for [EEUITWEAKS/EEUITWEAKS.TP2] component 1000.
    Uninstalled 6 files for [EEUITWEAKS/EEUITWEAKS.TP2] component 1000.
    ERROR: Failure("Unable to patch ESC_MENU menu")
    PLEASE zip/rar the file SETUP-EEUITWEAKS.DEBUG along with UI.MENU and send via message to AncientCowboy on the BeamDog Forums
    Using Language [English]

Note that I'm using his BG1EE version (the blue background), and not his core version (the golden background).
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    @Thels @AncientCowboy This component is trying to patch some element that no longer exists in my UI mods (versionString in the ESC_MENU) but it should be safe to skip this. Also there is typo in the regexp searching for GAMEPLAY_BUTTON.

I attached a patched version of EEUITweaks\include\ModOptionsSOD.tpa that should fix the problem.