Skip to content

Faiths and Powers: Gods of the Realms (Kitpack and divine caster/spell tweaks)

Comments

• Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    @ThacoBell, I just tried a Mystic Warrior (Water) in BG2EE with 0.74 j and received all the water mystic spells fine.
    Can you provide which game, race, difficulty setting, and mystic warrior type you selected? I will try it and see what happens.

See screenshots

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    edited August 2017

@ThacoBell is using 0.74i, Mystic Warriors were (finally!) fixed in 0.74j.

I am actually using 0.74j. Downloaded it just last night. I don't know why the log would say anything else. FWIW Mystic Warriors worked for me in a previous release.

*edit*
    The file I downloaded says its 0.74j.
    Post edited by ThacoBell on
    @subtledoctor Okay, this is weird. It appears that ONLY the shadow mystic warriors aren't getting sphere access. All the other Mystics Warriors are working correctly for me.
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    ThacoBell said:

Do you think a Champion/Zealot of Arvoreen may be in the cards? Gotta represent the halflings, they ARE the best race ;)

Yeah, I was thinking of something like this for Mazzy.

@Grammarsalad, I am in BG2EE with 0.74j installed. I see the Water Elemental is not using the 1 turn per level duration yet. Also, the water elemental likes to wander around. Is there a way to make him act like other elementals who wait to be told where to go (unless they see an enemy of course)?

No, I haven't updated it yet.

And yeah, I have to take a look at the AI. I think I gave them the summoned wolf AI (not ideal). I think the BG2EE version is based off of the fire elemental. I'll see about using whatever AI it uses (or, I could just clear out any AI to make them completely player controlled. I have to look closer at the other spells)
    ThacoBell
  • hippofanthippofant Member Posts: 35
    edited August 2017
    Hey y'all, I love the idea for this mod. Trying it out for the first time in a BGEE megamod installation, and I'm having this weird bug with Mystic Warriors. I'm using the LeUI mod, which is what enabled me to "discover" this bug in the first place... I'll explain in a bit.

So, I create a new character. I select Mystic Warrior as my class, and LeUI helpfully selects Earth Mystic as the default option:

I click Done, choose my alignment:

And my proficiencies:

Notably, my class remains "Mystic Warrior" and a lot of my spells are missing (the spells remain missing after I start the game):

Except wait, I change my mind. I want to do a Water Mystic Warrior. So I go back and choose Mystic Warrior again, this time selecting Water Mystic:

Wait, that isn't right. Where's dual-wielding? And this is different too:

I did finish off this Water Mystic Warrior and see what it looks like in-game. She did come out a Fighter/Mystic, and did SOME of the appropriate Water spells, if I may chime in on Thacobell's issue. In particular, I have Acid Storm at 6 AND 7, Ice Storm at 4, Cone of Cold and Smashing Wave at 3, Ice Lance at 2, Snilloc's and Ice Blade at 1. Frost Fingers, Melf's, Vitriolic Sphere, and Summon Water Elemental are nowhere to be seen. This is both in my BGEE megamod installation (with Spell Revision v4) and a fresh-ish BG2EE installation. But I'm going off the PDF linked on the OP, and that might be inaccurate?

I also console myself a whole bunch of exp: dual-wield never shows up as an option for my weapons proficiencies.

So I go back, and try Earth again. But this time, instead of just clicking Done when it came time to choose a kit, I instead click on another kit, then click back on Earth to select it, then hit done. Things are immediately different:

So it seems there's something about CLICKing on the Mystic Warrior kit that changes things. Note, this isn't a problem without the UI mod: in the vanilla game, you HAVE to click a kit; none are pre-selected for you.

---

Furthermore:

So looking in the weapprofs.2da (Scales of Balance installed), I note that d5_MY_EARTH (I assume Earth Mystic?) can put 2 points in dual-wielding, and d5_MW_EARTH (I assume Earth Mystic Warrior?) cannot. That seems backwards to me, but okay.

But when I install Faith and Powers on a fresh-ish BG2EE installation*, I can put points into dual-wielding on all Mystics and Mystic Warriors (that I tried). When I looked at weapprofs.2da, though, D5_MY_EARTH shows 1, 1, 1, 1 for weapon styles, and all the other D5_MY_/D5_MW_ variants list 2, 0, 2, 3. What are these values supposed to be?

* Fresh-ish because it once had Rjali installed. I uninstalled it. I tried Faith and Powers on what I thought was a fresh BGEE installation, but it caused dialog.tlk errors, so I'm redownloading BGEE now to test it.
    ThacoBell said:

subtledoctor Okay, this is weird. It appears that ONLY the shadow mystic warriors aren't getting sphere access. All the other Mystics Warriors are working correctly for me.

Hmm. Same.
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    hippofant said:

Hey y'all, I love the idea for this mod. Trying it out for the first time in a BGEE megamod installation, and I'm having this weird bug with Mystic Warriors. I'm using the LeUI mod, which is what enabled me to "discover" this bug in the first place... I'll explain in a bit.

So, I create a new character. I select Mystic Warrior as my class, and LeUI helpfully selects Earth Mystic as the default option:
    So it seems there's something about CLICKing on the Mystic Warrior kit that changes things. Note, this isn't a problem without the UI mod: in the vanilla game, you HAVE to click a kit; none are pre-selected for you.

The UI mod is setting a variable which highlights the first kit and enables the "Done" button, without actually setting the kit.
    Raduziel
    I have the same issue where the Mystic Warrior Shadow Adept gets no sphere access. The plain Shadow Adept Mystic is fine.
    Any thought given to special kits for triple class multiclasses? Like maybe approximating the 1st ed Bard with a Fighter/Thief/Cleric? Giving some Bard passives at the cost some spell access, reduced thieving skills, and whatnot?
    @subtledoctor, I started a Desert Druid in BGEE with 0.74j. My spirit lion was poisoned by a spider. Should spirit animals be able to be poisoned?
    OK. I have two suggestions for spirit animals.
    1) Give them Undead immunities.
    2) Extend the time of summons beyond an hour. Maybe 1hr per 5 levels or something?
    I like the idea of having water and ice as separate spheres. Can you grab the spells from SR and put them in FnP directly? I for one do not use SR as there are some changes I find to be more than I like.
    ThacoBell
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    For the seventh-level Ice spell, you can make an Ice version of Flesh to Stone using Opcode 13.

Save vs. death. On success, some ice damage and slow. On failure, frozen death.
    RVNS
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    @subtledoctor @Grammarsalad

Here's a sketch for the spell I proposed.

No sounds, no casting graphics shenanigans.

Save failure: Death

Save success: 7d6 Cold damage / Slow for 7 rounds (42 seconds)

Range: 20 (randomly chosen)

Casting time: 7 (usually casting level = spell's level).
    RaduzielThacoBell

By the way:

hippofant said:

I did finish off this Water Mystic Warrior and see what it looks like in-game. She did come out a Fighter/Mystic, and did SOME of the appropriate Water spells, if I may chime in on Thacobell's issue. In particular, I have Acid Storm at 6 AND 7, Ice Storm at 4, Cone of Cold and Smashing Wave at 3, Ice Lance at 2, Snilloc's and Ice Blade at 1. Frost Fingers, Melf's, Vitriolic Sphere, and Summon Water Elemental are nowhere to be seen.

The current sphere spell list can always be found here:
    https://github.com/UnearthedArcana/Faiths_and_Powers/blob/master/faiths_and_powers/lib/sphere_list_base.tpa

And the SR variant can be found here:
    https://github.com/UnearthedArcana/Faiths_and_Powers/blob/master/faiths_and_powers/lib/sphere_list_sr.tpa

(There is a third variant for people who manage to install SR onto IWDEE... but I think I am the only person who has ever done that, so you probably don't need to worry about it :lol: )

Here are the Water sphere spells:
    b_c103 /*frost fingers*/               , 1 => Water
    WIZARD_SNILLOCS_SNOWBALL_SWARM , 2 => Water
    b_c203 /*ice blade*/ , 2 => Water
    //WIZARD_MELF_ACID_ARROW , 2 => Water
    WIZARD_ICELANCE , 3 => Water
    CLERIC_SMASHING_WAVE , 4 => Water
    //WIZARD_VITRIOLIC_SPHERE , 4 => Water
    WIZARD_CONE_OF_COLD , 4 => Water
    sppr520 /*SR pro. acid*/ , 5 => Water
    sppr521 /*SR pro. cold*/ , 5 => Water
    WIZARD_ICE_STORM , 5 => Water
    CLERIC_MIST_OF_ELDATH , 6 => Water
    b_pr602 /*water elemental*/ , 6 => Water
    WIZARD_ACID_STORM , 7 => Water
    Melfs Acid Arrow and Vitriolic Sphere are commented out, for being too "wizardy" and anyway there are other more sphere-appropriate damage spells at those levels. (I'm open to discussion about Vit. Sphere.) Water Elemental is not currently installed on BGEE because the game lacks the animation for it, and you shouldn't be able to cast it by the XP cap anyway. I believe Grammarsalad is working on getting it working for XP-cap-removers, but it will take time. Frost Fingers should be there... that sounds like a bug we should look into.

Btw I'm considering splitting this sphere in two, into "Water" and "Ice" spheres. They could look like this:
    	ICE:
    1. Frost Fingers
    2. Snowball Swarm
    2. Iceblade
    3. Icelance
    4. Cone of Cold
    5. Ice Storm
    5. Pro. Cold
    6. Ice Elemental
    7. ???

WATER:
    1. Grease
    2. Acid Arrow
    3. Summon Green Slimes (SR)
    4. Vitriolic Sphere
    5. Pro. Acid (SR)
    5. Acid Sheath (SR)
    6. Mist of Eldath
    6. Water Elemental
    7. Acid Storm
    Those spheres are pretty thin... also at the moment, this would really only work with SR because the Acid sphere would be crippled without those three SR spells (nothing at levels 3 or 5). For now, I'm happier with one "fat" sphere than with two "skinny" spheres. We can revisit this if we find time to make a few new spells to fill them out.
    Yeah. I found that spell list after you posted it above.

I think the Frost Fingers not appearing is a bug resulting from all focus accesses: the level 1 sphere powers don't show up, because they become level 0? E.g. Burning Hands doesn't show up for a Fire Mystic either.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited September 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited September 2017
    @subtledoctor, Started a new BG2EE game with 0.74L installed and my multi Illusionist/ Fastpaws of Baervan acts like the life sphere is not a sphere for him (though description says it is a major sphere). I get cure light wounds at level 1 and nothing else for levels 2 and above.
    edited September 2017
    @subtledoctor, I notice that priest who have life as a sphere don't get the 5th level spell cure critical wounds (my multi class Illusionist/Baervan), while my Minion of Moander that has no life access gets it.
    Cure Critical wounds showed up when I got 5th level spells. Not there at start of game.

Edit: In 0.74m even my Minion of Moander no longer gets the spell.

Edit 2: Shadow step is still showing as a spell to memorize at 5th level, even though the description is the special ability description.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited September 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Raduziel

@subtledoctor, Started a new BG2EE game with 0.74L installed and my multi Illusionist/ Fastpaws of Baervan acts like the life sphere is not a sphere for him (though description says it is a major sphere). I get cure light wounds at level 1 and nothing else for levels 2 and above.

A single character was off and needed to be changed. But, it had quite a noticeable effect, so worth updating. Fixed in 0.74m.

I love these little tiny fixes - I think that's 12 so far for v0.74! Makes it feel like we're polishing a pretty good product, instead of developing something wild and new.
    What if you get 15 more though?! >:)
    @Grammarsalad, I humbly request if your busy schedule allows, the fix for the summon water elemental spell if possible. I want to do a Priest of Umberlee run.

@Grammarsalad, I humbly request if your busy schedule allows, the fix for the summon water elemental spell if possible. I want to do a Priest of Umberlee run.

That's the one with the duration, yes? It's a fairly easy fix. I'll take care of it be Saturday
    Duration and AI for the water elemental. It tends to run around all over the place.
    Grammarsalad

Duration and AI for the water elemental. It tends to run around all over the place.

Ahhh, that's right. Thanks