Skip to content

Faiths and Powers: Gods of the Realms (Kitpack and divine caster/spell tweaks)

Comments

• Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    The new update works nice. Tenya in BGEE had all her spells and abilities removed until I selected her deity. Nice work!
  • ThrawnThrawn Member Posts: 8
    edited October 2017
    I've run into a couple of things that don't seem to be intended. I've installed a lot of mods, so could be interaction between FnP and others (or just other mods completely). Posting here because they interfer with what FnP does.

1. Jaherria: I made into a priest of oghma (or whatever the name is).
    - she has many spells at level 1 that seem odd. regenerate minor, medium, large, and critical wounds, as well as mass regenerate are all level 1 spells. Is that intended?
    - when she casts spells targeting a creature it instead casts on her. (again I have no idea if this belongs here, but listing things already so throw this one in). Had a hilarious encounter where she tried to cast a ram spell on an enemy and knocked herself out and flew halfway across the screen.
    2. Kahlid: had choose kit options and choose diety option twice, looking back at my mod selection one of the tweaks made him a cleric/ranger so probably an interaction with this. choosing the first diety seemed to work as intended. choosing a second caused him to lose spells, but had Etheral gate memorized 4 times.
    3. my PC: I created as a cleric/mage and choose the kit spellbender (Awesome kit btw). he had the choose diety option allowing me to choose between three kits. choosing spellbender again seemed to have no effect but to give a free memorization of etheral gate.
    4. imoen: another mod made her a mage/theif. used the choose kit ability to make her a spellfilcher. her silence abilty when cast, rather than saying someone was silenced had some random block of text. seen similar errors with wrong text attched to spells/effects before, but on a previous install. in that case it was usually enemy mages summons getting various lines of dialouge instead of their proper name.
    -Imoen just leveld up as thief so a 1/2 mage/thief. she went from 2 casts of silence per day to 5. plus had the choose kit ability twice, though one disappeared when used. making her a spellfilcher again put her up to 6 uses of silence.

None of these are game breaking. Mostly just shareing and asking if any sugestion to minimize such occurrences.

Thanks, and sorry for any (or all) that doesn't apply to FnP.

Also, In my EET install there is only 1 quicksave slot rather than 4. I've grown used to using the 4 quick saves so I can reload a bit farther back if I want without taking he time to make and name a save. went through all the tweak mods i used, but none say anything about messing with saves. Is this standard for EET, or anyone know what mod did it?

edit: because grammar
    edit 2: second note on Imoen.
    Post edited by Thrawn on
    Install order question. If I want the following mods, which order should I install them in?

I think it should be:
    Palemaster kit for sorcerer
    Tome and Blood
    Shadow Adept
    Faiths and Powers
  • hippofanthippofant Member Posts: 35
    Thrawn said:

I've run into a couple of things that don't seem to be intended. I've installed a lot of mods, so could be interaction between FnP and others (or just other mods completely). Posting here because they interfer with what FnP does.

1. Jaherria: I made into a priest of oghma (or whatever the name is).
    - she has many spells at level 1 that seem odd. regenerate minor, medium, large, and critical wounds, as well as mass regenerate are all level 1 spells. Is that intended?
    - when she casts spells targeting a creature it instead casts on her. (again I have no idea if this belongs here, but listing things already so throw this one in). Had a hilarious encounter where she tried to cast a ram spell on an enemy and knocked herself out and flew halfway across the screen.
    2. Kahlid: had choose kit options and choose diety option twice, looking back at my mod selection one of the tweaks made him a cleric/ranger so probably an interaction with this. choosing the first diety seemed to work as intended. choosing a second caused him to lose spells, but had Etheral gate memorized 4 times.
    3. my PC: I created as a cleric/mage and choose the kit spellbender (Awesome kit btw). he had the choose diety option allowing me to choose between three kits. choosing spellbender again seemed to have no effect but to give a free memorization of etheral gate.
    4. imoen: another mod made her a mage/theif. used the choose kit ability to make her a spellfilcher. her silence abilty when cast, rather than saying someone was silenced had some random block of text. seen similar errors with wrong text attched to spells/effects before, but on a previous install. in that case it was usually enemy mages summons getting various lines of dialouge instead of their proper name.
    -Imoen just leveld up as thief so a 1/2 mage/thief. she went from 2 casts of silence per day to 5. plus had the choose kit ability twice, though one disappeared when used. making her a spellfilcher again put her up to 6 uses of silence.

None of these are game breaking. Mostly just shareing and asking if any sugestion to minimize such occurrences.

Thanks, and sorry for any (or all) that doesn't apply to FnP.

Also, In my EET install there is only 1 quicksave slot rather than 4. I've grown used to using the 4 quick saves so I can reload a bit farther back if I want without taking he time to make and name a save. went through all the tweak mods i used, but none say anything about messing with saves. Is this standard for EET, or anyone know what mod did it?

edit: because grammar
    edit 2: second note on Imoen.

Re. Jaheira's level 1 spells, all the regenerate spells are currently universal level 1 spells. I'm guessing that was a change made so that all priests can still serve the basic function of healing the party in between combats, even if they're not Life sphere.

Re. kits and spells, there are definitely problems that pop up when you select kits/deities more than once. Innate kit abilities, in particular, often get assigned twice. I've also found that using kit selection on dual-classed NPCs can cause problems; I assume that's because those kits wouldn't actually ever be available to those characters as they were leveling, so it's not really accounted for.

I've been fixing these problems in my playthrough through a combination of careful usage of those innates, and some manual editing in EEKeeper. (Another flavour of the same problem you didn't mention is that the kit/deity selection dialogues will show both the single-class and multi-class versions of some kits if you use the ability on a dual-classed character. Again, I assume the "solution" for now is to be smart about what you're doing.)
  • hippofanthippofant Member Posts: 35
    Oh, and also, a bug report (?) of my own, to add to my Heartwarder of Sune report on the last page: the Priest version of Contingency does not level properly, if you're using Spell Revisions. There are three spell effects, at level 0, 15, and 18, but they're set to cast Wizard Contingency ignoring level, rather than at the appropriate levels.
    edited October 2017
    Minsc still can't use the special scroll to memorize his spells.

EDIT: Even though Rangers say they have only minor access to spheres, they get spells up to 7th level in their spell book. I think this is what makes Ranger/Priests have too many spells as they get both classes spells up to 7th level.
  • inethineth Member Posts: 707
    edited October 2017
    How is the mod coming along? :)

Also, is there an up-to-date list of what deity each NPC in BG2:EE gets?
  • LupusSolusLupusSolus Member Posts: 183
    Hello, I went into the TDA file for acolytes to change sphere access via notepad++ and saved the changes but none are represented in game. Any ideas? thanks
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    ineth said:

How is the mod coming along? :)

Also, is there an up-to-date list of what deity each NPC in BG2:EE gets?

It's not progressing at all as far as i know right now. Personally, I'm too busy atm. Hopefully, I'll be able to get back to this mod after this semester is over.
  • I'm installing the whole shebang once more.The new Umberlee kit is cool! Now I can't decide between the Beshaba and Umberlee kits. I may have to play the entire saga twice. ☺
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    Is Drake NPC compatible with your mod already?

I recruit him in BG1 part of EET. He has the mystery scroll equipped. I use it but nothing happens.
    He has some spells at level 1 and 2 in his spellbook but I can't add anything to his unused spell slots. He also has some spells memorized but they don't fit to what he has in the spellbook.

The mystery scroll was also in Sandrah NPC's inventory (even twice). Nothing happened here as well when I used it. Anyway, there is nothing wrong with her, she's a priestess of Mystra like she should be and everything works fine with her and her spellbook etc.

I chose this install option
    ~FAITHS_AND_POWERS/FAITHS_AND_POWERS.TP2~ #0 #105 // Select an installation method below: -> no new kits - JUST install the sphere system: 0.74n
    because all others produced errors and I don't care about all those extra kits too much anyway. Was that a mistake?
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    As long as Drake was installed before FnP, I think it should work fine. I've used three different mod npcs with FNP without issue.
    ThacoBell said:

As long as Drake was installed before FnP, I think it should work fine. I've used three different mod npcs with FNP without issue.

I used BWS and Drake is installed prior EET already, FnP much later. Since other NPCs work fine, it may just be that this specific NPC is yet not covered, it's a beta mod after all.
    This was not intended as a bug report, just a reminder.

ThacoBell said:

I used BWS and Drake is installed prior EET already, FnP much later. Since other NPCs work fine, it may just be that this specific NPC is yet not covered, it's a beta mod after all.
    This was not intended as a bug report, just a reminder.
    Where in your install is FnP included relative to other kit mods and tweaks?
    FmP and M+G are installed prior SCS and other tweaks (BWS sequenced them this way) - I have no kit mods. And it works fine escept for Drake.
    Is FnP installed before M+G? M+G should always be the last kit mod installed. (I am assuming M+G is Might and Guile). They should definitely be before the tweak mods so thats golden.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited October 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    ThacoBell
    edited October 2017
    @subtledoctor , I am curious on the bonus spells. Looking at the 2da, I notice that what is used to give bonus spells to the Acolyte of Baervan is different from the Earth Mystic. Is there a reason for this?
  • inethineth Member Posts: 707

It's not progressing at all as far as i know right now. Personally, I'm too busy atm. Hopefully, I'll be able to get back to this mod after this semester is over.

Got it.

The current version seems fine TBH; Some polish and documentation and minor bugfixes is all that should be needed to take it out of beta status, right?
    Personally, I already consider it an essential mod despite the beta status... :)
    ThacoBellGrammarsalad
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    I just killed the mad Basilius in BG1 part of EET. He is a priest of Cyric, strangely he carried a copy of the *mysterious scroll* in his inventory and dropped it.
    Maybe the reason is that he only turns enemy after his talk to the PC (before that he is blue). But he is designed to always get hostile after he made his speech.
    edited November 2017
  • A happy discovery! In SOD, scroll bars are not included on the character creation screen, meaning many FnP kits cannot be selected. However, on a touch screen device, you can scroll down the list and choose kits to your heart's content.
    edited November 2017
    Contemplative_Hamster
  • Ah, I think I didn't get that memo. But in any case, it was a happy if inadverdant discovery for ME, and I just wanted to make sure it was noted down here.
    [Deleted User]

A happy discovery! In SOD, scroll bars are not included on the character creation screen, meaning many FnP kits cannot be selected. However, on a touch screen device, you can scroll down the list and choose kits to your heart's content.

Oh - maybe we didn't make clear our discovery. Even on the desktop version of SoD, even though there are no scroll bars, you can still scroll with the mouse wheel. So we eliminated the "only show archetypes" install option, that is now limited to IWDEE v1.4. On all other games the standard install option is to put all the kits in menus, and players can scroll through them. :smiley:

EDIT - actually I should clarify. I haven't tested this with a mouse, and have not tested in Windows. But in MacOS, with a laptop trackpad, you can use 2-finger scrolling to scroll the kit window.

I think someone who uses Windows told me it works there as well, but I forget the details now.
    Yeah, I'm on windows and discovered that you can CLICK AND DRAG to scroll the class and kit windows.
    [Deleted User]Contemplative_Hamster
  • HadarHadar Member Posts: 171
    @subtledoctor @Grammarsalad @rrchristensen

So I ended BGEE+SoD (without mods) with my totally overpower and epic Cleric/Mage (Half-Elf, Lawful Good, 10/19/19/19/21/19) and after some discussions and future recommendations for another playthrough I decided to go fully modded so I downloaded BiG World Project and selected almost all mods considered as stable and which didn't make conflicts with another mods.

I wanted to change my kit from Cleric/Mage to Monitor of Azuth but I don't see this kit in the EEKeeper nor the special ability "Choose a kit" in the game (which allows me kits that I've thought that are forbidden for my class:

edited November 2017
    The innate ability is call "Select a Deity" to pick your Priest kit. It looks like it thinks you are a dual-class priest instead of multi-class. I believe FnP has modified multi-class priest kits so you need to make sure in EEKeeper the class is Mage / Priest and the kit is Monitor of Azuth
    If you want the ability to use the select a deity through the ability, then delete all priest spells and set the kit to Base Class. Then when you use the Select a Deity ability you will get the correct priest spells.