Skip to content

Faiths and Powers: Gods of the Realms (Kitpack and divine caster/spell tweaks)

Comments

• necodemusnecodemus Member Posts: 5
    Yeah, saw 2.5 coming soon for IWDEE, going to try it on with bg EET then ^^.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @subtledoctor I've checked every weapon type, and it is only spears.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    @subtledoctor What if you combine spear and quarterstaff? They are very similar weapons types that have a lot of technique overlap in real life as well. Halberds are distinct enough that I can see them in their own category.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited November 2017
    @subtledoctor What if you combine club and mace?

*edit* Morningstar would also fit nicely as well.
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    @subtledoctor The BGEE spears might be a simple fix:
    The row for Clubs(44), is not already setup for main-hand weapon slots, as Great(57) and Bastard(69) swords are.
    COPY_EXISTING ~ITEMTYPE.2DA~	override
    	SET_2DA_ENTRY 44 3 4 35
    kjeron said:

@subtledoctor The BGEE spears might be a simple fix:
    The row for Clubs(44), is not already setup for main-hand weapon slots, as Great(57) and Bastard(69) swords are.

COPY_EXISTING ~ITEMTYPE.2DA~	override
    	SET_2DA_ENTRY 44 3 4 35
    Where can I paste this? I'll test it.
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438

Thinking out loud, this would require a conditional patch to CDTweaks "2-handed bastard swords" IFF it is used in conjunction with FnP and SoB component #122. (In that case the 2-handed versions of bastard swords should be changed to category #57.) it would be simple enough, I'm sure @CamDawg would consider adding it.

Sure, just let me know what you need and I'll accommodate.
    @subtledoctor If it helps, I DO use SoB weapon proficiency collapse component.
    edited November 2017
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    Yay!You are a run saver!
    Can confirm that it works! Thank you so much @subtledoctor
  • Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    It seems that the Water Mystic is able to cast spells a little faster then other priests (ex: cure light wounds goes off faster for the Water Mystic then for Minsc). I see where he gets a +1 to caster level. Is it by chance giving him a -1 to caster speed as well?

I'm noticing this in BGEE.
  • ArizaelArizael Member Posts: 263
    As F/M/C I cannot select any deity. Neutral good human. Can´t choose other race for F/M/C than human or elf probably due to either MnG or SoB.

• GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    edited November 2017

Arizael said:

As F/M/C I cannot select any deity.

Yeah, as a technical matter, picking a deity means picking a kit. And we don't have any F/M/C kits (yet?).

For that reason, the mod actually disables you choosing F/M/C as your class... you evidently overcame that restriction, but unfortunately, doing so does not overcome the lack of any kits to choose...
    Last i remember, we weren't even sure if it was possible to make a kit for a triple class. If so, we need to think about which gods would work. I think Talos would work for a fmc...umm, not sure who else

Edit: I have a bit of time over the holiday. @subtledoctor anything in particular that i should work on?

1) A player complained about a couple kit descriptions that are not complete...

2) I suppose, make a few triple-class kits? (I'm pretty sure the qd_multi function does, in fact, support triple classes)

3) Get Beamdog to fix the way dual classes handle proficiencies and the UI handles kit proficiencies, kthnx

4) Completely revamp druid shapeshifting, allowing them to choose new forms every so often, from an M&G feats-style dialogue. And make new shapeshift forms with different utility in different circumstances.

Eh, I guess I'll work #4...

Ahhh that's right (1 and 2). Lol, 3. Man, I haven't thought about druids for a while.

Anyway, 1 and 2 it is
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    @Grammarsalad

IIRC Helm's, Cyric's and Shar's weapons were wrong in F&P. The correct ones are Bastard Sword, Longsword and Chakram (when I edited F&P files for personal use I changed it to Daggers).
    Raduziel said:

@Grammarsalad

IIRC Helm's, Cyric's and Shar's weapons were wrong in F&P. The correct ones are Bastard Sword, Longsword and Chakram (when I edited F&P files for personal use I changed it to Daggers).

Do you mean favored weapons? It's been a while, but are we still doing favored weapons?

Anyway, I'll take a look.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    edited November 2017

Raduziel said:

@Grammarsalad

Do you mean favored weapons? It's been a while, but are we still doing favored weapons?

Yup, the favored ones.

I edited the files so any weapon-summon-spell-like-ability creates the right weapon and made sure that the priests were able to use their deity's favored weapon.

It's been a while indeed, I don't remember exactly what I altered. Sorry about that.
    @Grammarsalad OH OH! Would it be possible to get a F/M/T kit that replaces the standard wizard spells with druid spells? I would love an emulation of 1st ed bards. Maybe disable a few thief skills and limit proficiencies to balalnce?
  • ArizaelArizael Member Posts: 263
    Changing the F/M/C into monitor of Azuth via EE keeper seems to work without issues.
    edited November 2017
    ThacoBell said:

@Grammarsalad OH OH! Would it be possible to get a F/M/T kit that replaces the standard wizard spells with druid spells? I would love an emulation of 1st ed bards. Maybe disable a few thief skills and limit proficiencies to balalnce?

Ha! I'm a bit out of practice, but I think that this isn't possible, or not easily possible. I've been wanting to find a way to create custom spell lists by kit for a while, now, so I'm happy to look into it (it would be custom because I'd need mage versions of those druid spells that only that kit could learn). I'm not optimistic that I could get that done in the short time that I have, though.
    Arizael said:

Changing the F/M/C into monitor of Azuth via EE keeper seems to work without issues.

Yeah, it's probably better to have the kit proper, like. The good news is that you should have That kit soon.
    Raduziel said:

Raduziel said:

@Grammarsalad

Yup, the favored ones.

I edited the files so any weapon-summon-spell-like-ability creates the right weapon and made sure that the priests were able to use their deity's favored weapon.

It's been a while indeed, I don't remember exactly what I altered. Sorry about that.
    That's fine. I'll see what do
    edited November 2017
    @Grammarsalad Couldn't you just have the kit grant certain sphere access? A bard aura type effect could probably be emulated by giving the kit an area effect type spell under the special abilities tab? If a druid can toggle their shapeshift, shouldn't an aura also be made to toggle? The Meistersinger kit in MnG has druid spells in its wizard spellbook. Give it high lore progression as well. It seems doable to me. Granted I know nothing about the actual mechanics of modding so I guess take it with a grain of salt. I just REALLY REALLY WANT A F/M/T KIT WITH BARD FLAVOR.

*EDIT* I'm not demanding that it be done. I love and am grateful for all the work you guys have done. I just got a little excited.