Skip to content

Faiths and Powers: Gods of the Realms (Kitpack and divine caster/spell tweaks)

Comments

• GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    Raduziel said:

Well, but that's a matter of personal opinion, am I right?

As I told before, I recognize that both you and @Grammarsalad did an awesome job in every aspect of this mod but some elements are not of my taste.

Yup. I totally get that. I was just curious if there was something specific that we could agree that needed changing. Heh, but yeah, we're petty committed to something of a departure from pnp
    Raduziel
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Raduziel
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    @subtledoctor @Grammarsalad

I would sacrifice a goat in your name and glory if the middle ground installation were implemented.
    Contemplative_Hamster
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    This might have been answered elsewhere, but I have looked through several pages and have been unable to find it.

I am using BWS to install this mod, but I do not want to install the sphere system, just to pick the kits that I want.

However on installation it skips many of the kits that I want. Is there an answer to this problem?
  • RamzaRamza Member Posts: 112
    I ran into a problem trying to install this mod on IWDEE in that it failed to load a CLAB file related to the shaman class in the chitin.key. I was allowed to install most kits, but when it came to the part to enable the sphere system, it errored out.

Alas, I don't recall the exact name of the file, only that when I googled it, I found a forum post here describing it as the clab that affects shaman bonus spells.

Oh, this probably matters as well, my IWDEE version is 2.5.1 (so the shaman is playable).

This might have been answered elsewhere, but I have looked through several pages and have been unable to find it.

I am using BWS to install this mod, but I do not want to install the sphere system, just to pick the kits that I want.

However on installation it skips many of the kits that I want. Is there an answer to this problem?

No. It's the same "issue" that I'm having. Some kits will only install if the "Install everything" option is chosen.
    ThacoBell
    edited December 2017
    @Raduziel Thanks for the answer even if it's not the answer that I wanted. At least if this is an issue with a lot of people, there is a chance that something will be done.
    @Wise_Grimwald It's not exactly an issue, just the way that the mod currently installs. It's not an unpredicted behavior.

Hopefully, @Grammarsalad and @subtledoctor will be merciful and change this.

Pretty please, guys? <3
    Raduziel said:

@Wise_Grimwald It's not exactly an issue, just the way that the mod currently installs. It's not an unpredicted behavior.

Hopefully, @Grammarsalad and @subtledoctor will be merciful and change this.

Pretty please, guys? <3 </p>

Lol, I'm not against the idea. It's mainly a time thing.

Personally, I'm still in my busy period (until the end of the semester, which is in about 3+ weeks). And, right now I'm prioritizing bug fixing and description completion.

Buuut, I'm highly motivated to mod, so I should be more active after these few hellish weeks are over...
    Raduziel
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    GrammarsaladWise_GrimwaldRaduziel
    edited December 2017

do not want to install the sphere system, just to pick the kits that I want.

Also, please note well, BWS is currently unmaintained. Making changes like that will 100% break compatibility with BWS, and it doesn't seem like anyone is around to fix it. So, be careful what you wish for...
    That is scary. Since the arrival of EE, maintainance has suddenly become exceedingly important as a LOT of things have changed and will continue to change over the next few months if not longer. Thanks for the reply, and please don't risk getting low marks in your exams just to make my gaming experience a little more perfect.
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    edited December 2017
    I have a very strange bug from this component

Mods affecting STHAEBAL.STO:
    00000: ~FAITHS_AND_POWERS/FAITHS_AND_POWERS.TP2~ 0 105 // Select an installation method below: -> no new kits - JUST install the sphere system: 0.74n

After the component is installed, the referenced store is empty. Restoring the file from the mod's backup of this component repairs it.
    In NI all store items appear as Null(none) after the mod.

Before is the 0000-file, after is the 0001-file
  • KuselKusel Member Posts: 50

Also, please note well, BWS is currently unmaintained. Making changes like that will 100% break compatibility with BWS, and it doesn't seem like anyone is around to fix it. So, be careful what you wish for...
    That is scary. Since the arrival of EE, maintainance has suddenly become exceedingly important as a LOT of things have changed and will continue to change over the next few months if not longer. Thanks for the reply, and please don't risk getting low marks in your exams just to make my gaming experience a little more perfect.
    Don't worry. I made a report to BWS people about a missing update and it was fixed within an hour. Just finished a big BWS install and it works fine. BWS menu says that the old games are outdated but the EE games are fine.
    Maybe it's a problem only for mods that are for old game and EE?
    Kusel said:

Don't worry. I made a report to BWS people about a missing update and it was fixed within an hour. Just finished a big BWS install and it works fine. BWS menu says that the old games are outdated but the EE games are fine.
    Maybe it's a problem only for mods that are for old game and EE?
    That's right, the BWS for BGEE, BG2EE, EET, IWDEE, PSTEE is fine. Only classic games is labelled not maintained. But if a mod covers all games and its configuration files in BWS are updated, then the update would catch all.
    Wise_Grimwald

Only code in the mod that affects stores is this:

//Update all stores to accept new item types
    //
    COPY_EXISTING_REGEXP ~.*\.sto~ override
    READ_SHORT 0x8 type
    READ_LONG 0x2c buy_off
    READ_LONG 0x30 buy_num
    SET buy_add = 0 // Number of categories to add, to update offsets
    SET add_category = 0 // Initialize check variable
    FOR (i = 0; i < 3; ++i) BEGIN SET $add_category(~%i%~) = 1 END // Initialize check variable
    FOR (i = 0; i < buy_num; ++i) BEGIN
    READ_BYTE (buy_off + i * 0x4) category
    PATCH_MATCH category WITH
    15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 29 30 WHEN add_category = 0 BEGIN // Match any Weapon Categories
    ++add_category
    END
    69 BEGIN // Match Bastard Sword Category / No Unnecessary Duplication
    SET add_category_0 = 0
    END
    57 BEGIN // Match Greatsword Category / No Unnecessary Duplication
    SET add_category_1 = 0
    END
    44 BEGIN // Match Club Category / No Unnecessary Duplication
    SET add_category_2 = 0

END
    END
    END
    // Add categories
    PATCH_IF add_category BEGIN
    PATCH_IF add_category_0 BEGIN
    INSERT_BYTES (buy_off + buy_num * 0x4) 0x4
    WRITE_BYTE (buy_off + buy_num * 0x4) 69
    ++buy_add
    END
    PATCH_IF add_category_1 BEGIN
    WRITE_BYTE (buy_off + buy_num * 0x4) 57
    ++buy_add
    END
    PATCH_IF add_category_2 BEGIN
    WRITE_BYTE (buy_off + buy_num * 0x4) 44
    ++buy_add
    END
    // Update offsets
    WRITE_LONG 0x30 (THIS + buy_add)
    READ_LONG 0x34 items_off
    PATCH_IF items_off >= buy_off BEGIN
    WRITE_LONG 0x34 (THIS + buy_add)
    END
    READ_LONG 0x4c drink_off
    PATCH_IF drink_off >= buy_off BEGIN
    WRITE_LONG 0x4c (THIS + buy_add)
    END
    READ_LONG 0x70 cures_off
    PATCH_IF cures_off >= buy_off BEGIN
    WRITE_LONG 0x70 (THIS + buy_add)
    END
    END
    BUT_ONLY

Looking at it, it is very clearly over my head, which means it was given to me by a kind soul with more skills (maybe @kjeron ?). So it's hard for me to troubleshoot. Off the stop of my head it looks like it is only meant to make a few new categories of items buyable/sellable at stores. So I'm not sure why it would blank out a whole store.

What store is that? What game? What version? As much info as possible would be helpful.

EDIT - is it from a mod? Maybe there's something weird in the structure of that .STO file...? Just spitballing here...
    The store is from Northern Tales of Sword Coast mod, very old mod but has been working in all my EET installs until the last one now. There are a number of mods tweaking that file, but with change-log it's clearly traceable to that F+P component.
    I can't match my observations to that code either, it affects all the store items and there are arrows and weapons but also scrolls and potions. The mod erases all of them.
    I had the same version of NTotSC in various EET games before and it was always correct. I also had earlier versions of F+P with it and no issues.
    And I have NOT installed the brandnew 2.5 patch for the game, mine is still 2.3.67.3.
    I don't think this particular sto-file has ever changed since the old BGT days and has always been compatible with any install I had, and I had this mod in all my games for the last 15 years.
    @subtledoctor I was wanting to say that I like that, agree with that and find it insightful, but can't. :(

//
    READ_SHORT 0x8 type
    READ_LONG 0x2c buy_off
    READ_LONG 0x30 buy_num
    FOR (i = 0; i < 3; ++i) BEGIN SET $add_category(~%i%~) = 1 END // Initialize check variable
    15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 29 30 WHEN add_category = 0 BEGIN // Match any Weapon Categories
    ++add_category
    END
    SET add_category_0 = 0
    END
    SET add_category_1 = 0
    END
    SET add_category_2 = 0

END
    END
    END
    // Add categories
    ++buy_add
    END
    ++buy_add
    END
    ++buy_add
    END
    // Update offsets
    READ_LONG 0x34 items_off
    END
    READ_LONG 0x4c drink_off
    END
    READ_LONG 0x70 cures_off
    END
    END
    BUT_ONLY

Looking at it, it is very clearly over my head, which means it was given to me by a kind soul with more skills (maybe @kjeron ?). So it's hard for me to troubleshoot. Off the stop of my head it looks like it is only meant to make a few new categories of items buyable/sellable at stores. So I'm not sure why it would blank out a whole store.

What store is that? What game? What version? As much info as possible would be helpful.

EDIT - is it from a mod? Maybe there's something weird in the structure of that .STO file...? Just spitballing here...
    The store is from Northern Tales of Sword Coast mod, very old mod but has been working in all my EET installs until the last one now. There are a number of mods tweaking that file, but with change-log it's clearly traceable to that F+P component.
    I can't match my observations to that code either, it affects all the store items and there are arrows and weapons but also scrolls and potions. The mod erases all of them.
    I had the same version of NTotSC in various EET games before and it was always correct. I also had earlier versions of F+P with it and no issues.
    And I have NOT installed the brandnew 2.5 patch for the game, mine is still 2.3.67.3.
    I don't think this particular sto-file has ever changed since the old BGT days and has always been compatible with any install I had, and I had this mod in all my games for the last 15 years.
    When I get some time, I'll see about installing these mods together...

It looks like it's this mod. I'll give it a look when I can

//
    READ_SHORT 0x8 type
    READ_LONG 0x2c buy_off
    READ_LONG 0x30 buy_num
    ++add_category
    END
    SET add_category_0 = 0
    END
    SET add_category_1 = 0
    END
    SET add_category_2 = 0

END
    END
    END
    // Add categories
    ++buy_add
    END
    ++buy_add
    END
    ++buy_add
    END
    // Update offsets
    READ_LONG 0x34 items_off
    END
    READ_LONG 0x4c drink_off
    END
    READ_LONG 0x70 cures_off
    END
    END
    BUT_ONLY

For EET it's this version of the mod
    ~NTOTSC/SETUP-NTOTSC.TP2~ #0 #0 // NTotSC for BGT-Weidu: v1.70a_EET
    ~NTOTSCV171/SETUP-NTOTSCV171.TP2~ #0 #0 // Fix NTotSC Issues: v1.71
    you need the two components to be installed. I don't think that the sto-files required an update for EE, so they are most likely the same as in the original game in your link. There's also now a new version released a few weeks ago that's supposed to cover all game variations. I don't have it yet because it was released after I started the current game: http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=29040&amp;hl=+northern++tales#entry257086
    edited December 2017
    Grammarsalad

//
    READ_SHORT 0x8 type
    READ_LONG 0x2c buy_off
    READ_LONG 0x30 buy_num
    ++add_category
    END
    SET add_category_0 = 0
    END
    SET add_category_1 = 0
    END
    SET add_category_2 = 0

END
    END
    END
    // Add categories
    ++buy_add
    END
    ++buy_add
    END
    ++buy_add
    END
    // Update offsets
    READ_LONG 0x34 items_off
    END
    READ_LONG 0x4c drink_off
    END
    READ_LONG 0x70 cures_off
    END
    END
    BUT_ONLY

For EET it's this version of the mod
    ~NTOTSC/SETUP-NTOTSC.TP2~ #0 #0 // NTotSC for BGT-Weidu: v1.70a_EET
    ~NTOTSCV171/SETUP-NTOTSCV171.TP2~ #0 #0 // Fix NTotSC Issues: v1.71
    you need the two components to be installed. I don't think that the sto-files required an update for EE, so they are most likely the same as in the original game in your link. There's also now a new version released a few weeks ago that's supposed to cover all game variations. I don't have it yet because it was released after I started the current game: http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=29040&amp;hl=+northern++tales#entry257086
    Got it.

I wonder if the conflict has anything to do with that recent update...

Anyway, I'll give it a look when I can. Just so I don't get hopes up, it'll probably be about 3-4 weeks before I can do some serious research (heh, I really Should be doing other things right now... :P )
  • RamzaRamza Member Posts: 112

Ramza said:

I ran into a problem trying to install this mod on IWDEE in that it failed to load a CLAB file related to the shaman class in the chitin.key.

Oh, this probably matters as well, my IWDEE version is 2.5.1 (so the shaman is playable).

Yeah, because the code would break on all installs if IWDEE wasn't excluded from the Shaman stuff, because IWDEE has been at v1.4 and does not include the Shaman.

What is this 2.5.1???

Has the 2.5 beta started?? Where can I get my hands on it?

Unfortunately, even with the 2.5 beta, we really can't change this until the final patch is actually released. IWDEE was excluded to avoid install failures, and reintroducing it for people with the beta will cause failures for players who don't have the beta. That's not fair...

On the other hand if you want to try editing it yourself, you could do a ctrl-F in sphere_system.tpa and look for the IWDEE change and undo it...
    What I meant by this report was that the sphere system was entirely unable to be installed in IWDEE because of the 'missing' shaman clab file. I would've assumed if it detected IWDEE that the mod simply wouldn't have looked for this file in the first place, as it shouldn't be there in the 1.4 version.

As for the beta of IWD, I'm not really sure TBH. I have access to a beta build from the beamdog client with a build date of November 30 2017, which is 2.5.1, but I don't see any beta forums to report bugs in (and I've found a couple).

Probably because I was in the original closed beta of IWDEE.
    edited December 2017
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    Grammarsalad
    Ramza said:

Ramza said:

I ran into a problem trying to install this mod on IWDEE in that it failed to load a CLAB file related to the shaman class in the chitin.key.

Yeah, because the code would break on all installs if IWDEE wasn't excluded from the Shaman stuff, because IWDEE has been at v1.4 and does not include the Shaman.

What is this 2.5.1???

Has the 2.5 beta started?? Where can I get my hands on it?

Unfortunately, even with the 2.5 beta, we really can't change this until the final patch is actually released. IWDEE was excluded to avoid install failures, and reintroducing it for people with the beta will cause failures for players who don't have the beta. That's not fair...

On the other hand if you want to try editing it yourself, you could do a ctrl-F in sphere_system.tpa and look for the IWDEE change and undo it...
    What I meant by this report was that the sphere system was entirely unable to be installed in IWDEE because of the 'missing' shaman clab file. I would've assumed if it detected IWDEE that the mod simply wouldn't have looked for this file in the first place, as it shouldn't be there in the 1.4 version.

As for the beta of IWD, I'm not really sure TBH. I have access to a beta build from the beamdog client with a build date of November 30 2017, which is 2.5.1, but I don't see any beta forums to report bugs in (and I've found a couple).

Probably because I was in the original closed beta of IWDEE.
    What bugs have you found in the game so far?

I'm sure @JuliusBorisov can tell you how and where to report them!
  • ArizaelArizael Member Posts: 263
    Speaking of IWD - how does the mod affect certain dialog options that are dependant on class ? I.e. if the party has light Mystic will it recognize it as a druid ? What about druid/mage ?
  • GawainBSGawainBS Member Posts: 523
    Arizael said:

Speaking of IWD - how does the mod affect certain dialog options that are dependant on class ? I.e. if the party has light Mystic will it recognize it as a druid ? What about druid/mage ?

Actually a very good question.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @Ramza 2.5.1 is an old build, and the fact you've been able to see it is totally unintended. We will release instructions of how to participate in the beta this week, and everyone will be able to report bugs found in the latest build.
    ThacoBellGrammarsalad