Skip to content

The first time I played Baldur's Gate I never thought I would . . .

2»

Comments

• jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    ...get used to Minsc's "In the eyes, Boo! In the eyes! RHAAA!" battle cry (in German). It seemed to take longer than some of the battles and was *so* unnerving. 15 years later I am still modding this game. o_O
    Permidion_StarkAerakartbone1JuliusBorisov
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    . . . think Skie was a really great NPC and wish I could have her in my party again.
    Vallmyrtbone1DreadKhanJuliusBorisov
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938

Kurona said:

. . . think Skie was a really great NPC and wish I could have her in my party again.

"Oh, my feet hurts."
    "Aw, I broke a nail."
    "Do you like my perfume?"
    "Let's go shopping!"
    "I wanna go home."

You sure you want her again?
    She gets quite feisty in SoD. And anyway, I like going shopping.
    I could see her getting quite a bit more attn in BG if she had that SoD 'I ain't takin lip from NObody' attitude. I've had her in a group a few times, she plays the spoiled brat perfectly in BG. Even though I rarely play her for long, to me, she still has one of the best foreshadowing moments in the whole darn series as I recently mentioned on the BGNPC project thread (wasn't sure if it was vanilla or mod content).
    Permidion_Starktbone1
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    I always want to take Skie into my party in BG1 but the problem is she comes so late in the story and I feel like you really need to take Eldoth and Garrick as well. So I will start a playthrough intending to take all of them but when the time comes I always seem to change my mind (and I'm incapable of throwing Imoen out of the party and a party with two bards and two thieves seems to have a few too many rogues in it).

I loved what they did with her in SoD though. I thought she was a great character. The dialogue and voice acting when she comes to wake you up is brilliant.
    tbone1ZaghoulAerakarJuliusBorisov
  • ZagaciousZagacious Member Posts: 63
    edited September 2017
    Never though I'd play it again 10 years later.
    Never though I'd kill Gorion, Tethoryl, Elminster, or Drizzt when I was younger (probably thought they were unkillable)
    Never thought I'd actually be able to play it Multiplayer.
    Never knew how much hidden mechanics the game actually has when playing it as a kid, as well as hidden items.
    AerakarJuliusBorisovOrlonKronsteenlolien
    edited September 2017
    Learn to use all the awesome mods. Sounds simple but if your computer skills are as about as advanced as turn the computer on or plug it in and play, well... I actually found that taking the leap was easier than I thought, esp. the way modders have made installation easy over the years. B)
    Now I'm like a kid trying to pull out too many cookies from the cookie jar. Seeing an interesting new mod is like it was when I was young and waking up on Christmas day, rushing downstairs to check for prezzies (or back to the starting point of BG again to try it out).
    *cough* ol dawg, new tricks *cough*
    AerakarJuliusBorisovArctodusOrlonKronsteen
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,343
    edited September 2017
    Zaghoul said:

Learn to use all the awesome mods. Sounds simple but if your computer skills are as about as advanced as turn the computer on or plug it in and play, well... I actually found that taking the leap was easier than I thought, esp. the way modders have made installation easy over the years. B)
    Now I'm like a kid trying to pull out too many cookies from the cookie jar. Seeing an interesting new mod is like it was when I was young and waking up on Christmas day, rushing downstairs to check for prezzies (or back to the starting point of BG again to try it out).
    *cough* ol dawg, new tricks *cough*

Perhaps you’re not the ol dawg after all ;)

Mods are really the icing on the muffin. The muffin is good, but the icing is the best. Each mod can flavour the game - so each can enjoy the game they like it. Never thought I willfully would change premade software content.. but its Christmas for me as well

BTW. Glad that you made it into the SoMe. A shame to have missed out on the Zaghoul
    Post edited by StummvonBordwehr on
    JuliusBorisovZaghoulOrlonKronsteen
    edited September 2017
    tbone1 said:

I never thought I would worry about kobolds. Then I went to A Certain Bridge ...

Heh, the lil folk may be small, and maybe not so strong, but they got guts, and sometimes guts is enough. I hate to say they are like the cockroaches of the Forgotten Realms, cause I like kobolds, but darned if these lil guys aren't survivors A-number-1, just like the aforementioned insect. B)
    THAT is one of the main reasons I mod in Classic movies. :)
    Permidion_Starkdunbarlolien
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147

tbone1 said:

I never thought I would worry about kobolds. Then I went to A Certain Bridge ...

They worried me from the moment I first saw this:

OMG, I'd forgotten this. Why isn't it still in game?
    AerakarPermidion_StarkZaghoul
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    @UnderstandMouseMagic I use a mod that puts all the old movies back into the game. I think this is the one:
    https://codeload.github.com/Sampsca/BGEE-Classic-Movies/zip/master
    AerakarPermidion_StarkZaghoulUnderstandMouseMagic
    edited September 2017
    That movie has always been my reason for stumbling across something 'hidden' rightt near there. As the picture clearly shows the two cottages on the right side of the river in Nashkel, I always want to go hunt for those lil sneaks around that house. Well, if I happen to stub my toe on something, pokin round rabbit holes in the gardens there... B)

This one, the gnoll fortress, the wyvern, sewers, Elfsong, palace treasure room, etc., all add a lot of character to the game.
    Classic Movies mod is great, you can add just the missing ones or replace them all with the older versions.
    Permidion_StarkAerakar