Skip to content

[mod] Will of the Wisps - Shamanic enhancements

Comments

• ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 873
    Thanks. I was just curious whether there were any shaman-specific dialogues with Will. I guess not...
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,678
    No, as far as I remember. I thought that there wouldn't be much people who would like to both play shaman and make another shaman join. That would be lots of shamanism for one team, heh.
    Thrasymachus
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    Regarding skills, I have noticed that club may not be selected and is written so in the description, but clubs are not barred from use. Just asking if this was intentional. No skill, but ability to use.
    LavaDelVortel
    edited June 2017
    Hmm, will look into this once I deal with some other updates :) Thanks for letting me know about this.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Any chance of getting a console commands to let any class access the stronghold? I wanna check this out but my current planned run is with a Bard.
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    @ThacoBell

No console command sadly. It's coded to check your class, so only changing your class would work. I can code it to work another way if Lava allows it.
    ThacoBell
    Ah, a shame. I'll have to make sure and check it next playthrough then.
    I thought this may not work because its a modded stronghold, but Tweaks Anthology's all strongholds component seems to work with the shaman stronghold. I just did the first stronghold mission and the wisp there is saying I will be called on at a later time.
    Hmmm, this is strange. The Willow Wisp talks to me as if I'm a shaman and says I will be called on in the future, but I've fully completed the Ranger stronghold and no quests have come up.
    Will check it when I'll be working on an update! :)
    ThacoBell
  • BaneBoneDustBaneBoneDust Member Posts: 6
    hi,
    i started a new game choosing Witchlight Shaman kit, and for some reason i die in irenicus jail after suffering his first cast on the opening video. any idea why?
    thanks
    You may have installed some other mod that use outdated class-related stuff. I think I saw that before when I used something like that. My shaman had like -1 HP or... 0 HP... I don't remember now, but class related mods that weren't made for EE / EE 2.+ versions may cause troubles.
  • BaneBoneDustBaneBoneDust Member Posts: 6
    thanks!
  • egbertegbert Member Posts: 99
    How can I install Will under EET (without BWS)?

TIA
    As in the first post:
    "This mod also can be installed with (after) the Enhanced Edition Trilogy (EET), before EET_End."
    Unless @swit says otherwise. He's the EET guru.
    :/ (I tried before asking.) It can not.
    Solution:
    To install Will under EET you have to change "willowisp.tp2".

You have to add "eet" to every REQUIRE_PREDICATE GAME_IS.
    There is a plan to make it work better with EET - will be working with @swit once we both have a spare moment.
    New version is up. The changes:
    -New component: cheat that enables the stronghold for every character
    -Component change: standalone kit will appear only for BG1EE
    -EET compatibility
    -Fixed a couple of items
    -Corrected ToB banter scripts
    -WeiDU updated to v242

Thanks to @swit and @Artemius_I - people behind most changes and updates
    ThacoBellMirandelZaghoul
    Yay!
    Lava, did you by any chance for this latest version, check on the issue I mentioned in regards to skills? The WS shaman cannot get skills in dart, club, or sling, but can use those weapons in play.
    I have just been wondering if it is on purpose for a reason or just an oversight compared to the standard shaman. B)
    Zaghoul said:

Lava, did you by any chance for this latest version, check on the issue I mentioned in regards to skills? The WS shaman cannot get skills in dart, club, or sling, but can use those weapons in play.
    I have just been wondering if it is on purpose for a reason or just an oversight compared to the standard shaman. B)

Engine limitations
    Zaghoul
    Thanks @Artemius_I . Huh, hard to fight the engine sometimes then. :)
  • JarinexJarinex Member Posts: 46
    So I got this error when attempting to install this mod. Gave me a parse error when attempting it. I thought I would include the capture as well just in case the debug doesn't work.
    @Jarinex Yea I informed Lava about that via PM today after finding out myself. Here's an unofficially fixed version for you.
    LavaDelVortel
    Uploaded the version @Artemius_I prepared. I can't check if it works as I left for a few days, so please, confirm if it works fine.
  • JarinexJarinex Member Posts: 46
    edited September 2017
    You guys work quick, I'll install it when I get home from work, but it won't be for a while.

Edit: Installed with no problems this time. Thanks for fixing it!
    Post edited by Jarinex on
    LavaDelVortel
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 873
    I played an earlier version of this mod in my most recent run through SoA. My PC was (and still is -- I'm playing through ToB now) a shaman, so I didn't recruit the new NPC, but I may do so in a future game.

Anyhow, I wanted to say that I really enjoyed this mod. Great work! It made playing a shaman in SoA quite interesting and enjoyable. I appreciated the stronghold quests, and the stronghold itself was beautiful.

Thanks!
    LavaDelVortel
    Thanks @Jarinex, thanks @Thrasymachus
    The new version includes this cheat to get the stronghold even if you're not shaman for those who have no time to play twice and would like to avoid having Will and making CHARNAME a shaman. I would still suggest making it all "legal", without using the cheat, but I also understand that not everyona may have much enough time and energy :) I finally got convinced by @Artemius_I and here it is.
    Cheers! Enjoy the mod, everyone!
  • Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    @LavaDelVortel, not sure if this is still in as I am playing with a version from back in Feb2017. I notice that the dark treants can be destroyed by turning undead. Is this intentional?