Skip to content

Faiths and Powers: Gods of the Realms (Kitpack and divine caster/spell tweaks)

Comments

• Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    @subtledoctor, in BG2EE and got Viconia in my group. She has the mace proficiency, but is unable to use maces. The Mauler's Arm has no strength requirement, but she can't use it either (red shaded in inventory of store).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited September 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    She is an Acolyte of Shar. I am OK with her not being able to use maces. Can you change her proficiency to match being an Acolyte? She is getting her old cleric ones it seems.
  • hippofanthippofant Member Posts: 35
    edited September 2017
    In a fresh BG2EE install, Faith and Powers 0.74m, Earth Mystics are getting the wrong weapon proficiencies.

Here's a screenshot of the weapprofs.2da from the override folder, formatted in Excel. Looks like Earth Mystics are getting the weapons proficiencies of Druid, and then all the Mystic Warriors/Mystics swap proficiencies, based on the pattern. which means there's an off-by-one error somewhere. It might start EARLIER: it looks to me like Forest Druids have different proficiencies than all the other Druids, but I get increasingly uncertain as to what class should have what proficiencies, so I'll leave it for y'all to figure out.

Edit: It looks fine in my BGEE mega-mod installation. Maybe Scales of Balances "fixes" it or something. Except that Mystic Warriors can't dual-wield, whereas Mystics can, which I find bizarre, especially since they can both dual-wield in the clean BG2EE installation (above). I'm just gonna edit it myself....
    The Elementalist says it should get 1 extra spell per level, but it is not.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Huh. Okay. That's the first time I've seen that happen in a weapprof.2da then, I think. Will have to remember that for the future! Thanks and sorry!
    edited September 2017

helo138 said:

That´s interesting: The spell-description reads, as if this were a special ability from mazzy. I didn´t ever play more than a few hours with her character so I don´t know her kit very well. But it is definitly a spell like ability: it gets me +1 attack per round, doubled movement and lasts for 3 rounds.

Hmm, that might be the Mazzy Haste ability we set to be a spell in the Exploration sphere. But it should have been turned into a cleric spell, not still be an innate.
    I figured this one out. All the spell abilities in D5MN828.SPL need to have their location changed from innate slots to spell slots.
  • I recruited Anomen, selected Hand of Torm, but for some reason I can't fill out all of his spell slots. 1st level works fine but everyone after that cannot be filled. After that I can only select two spells per level no matter how many slots he does have. Does anyone have any idea what may be going on? I am using spell revisions among some other mods though no others I could imagine would cause this. I installed this with BWS on BG2 without EET if that is useful. Thank you.
    edited September 2017
    @subtledoctor, could this be related to the pre-defined memorized spells like Jaheria was. You cleared her book to eliminate this with her. Does Anomin needs his cleared?

@Cyclopterus_Lumpus, when you click on the cast spell icon, do you see spells there you don't have selected in the memorization book? If yes, it could be my comment to SD above.
  • @subtledoctor, could this be related to the pre-defined memorized spells like Jaheria was. You cleared her book to eliminate this with her. Does Anomin needs his cleared?

@Cyclopterus_Lumpus, when you click on the cast spell icon, do you see spells there you don't have selected in the memorization book? If yes, it could be my comment to SD above.

That is correct. When recruited Anomen has many spells available that he does not have in his book.
    edited September 2017
    It would be nice if the next release also addressed the following:
    1) Elementalist not getting bonus spell per level.
    2) Summon Water Elemental spell is 1 turn/level and AI matches fire elementals.
    3) Add lay on hands to Champions (Paladins).
    4) Auto remove pre-define spell picks from divine spell user NPCs (in BGEE and BG2EE).
    5) Multi-class Ranger/Priests has major access to more spells then the kit says.
    6) Allow Quayle (in BGEE) and Arie (in BG2EE) to be multi-class Baervan Mage/Priests (Illusionist for Quayle).
    7) Update the special abilities on the Priest of Umberlee to also have the smashing wave at higher levels (if this is still something you think it should get).
    edited September 2017
    @subtledoctor, the description for the Elementalist says he should have a bonus spell per level. He has druid restrictions and limited major access like Mystics. I would think he would get the bonus spells like Mystics. Otherwise, should he not have the same armor and weapon access as a priest?
    Post edited by Necromanx2 on
    edited September 2017
    I noticed that the Ur Priest does not get Spike Growth even though it says it is an Elemental Earth spell and he has major access to the Earth sphere.

EDIT: I see. In BGEE the spell says it is a Plant sphere, but in BG2EE it says Elemental Earth. A label issue in BG2EE.
    Heartwarders of Sune aren't getting their two innate abilities (Charm Person and Emotion: Hope). b_sun03.spl doesn't seem to exist at all in my override directory, and b_sun01.spl seems to be copying incorrectly - it's grabbing Nature's Beauty, somehow.

I don't understand it at all, since add_acolyte_kits.tpa seems to have the Sune section correct.
  • langjicourlangjicour Member Posts: 2
    Even on a minimal-BWS-setup with the Sandrah-mods and all prefered mods and the Sphere-System of Faith and Powers Sandrahs Items do not belong to her. Just joked around a little bit. And found a solution. You can install all priests and all other kits from Faith and Power, But if you try to use the Sphere-System, the problem shows up. Even if you install only Sphere-System or try to change installation order or use the older 0.64 version of Faith and Power, Sandrahs personal items are all unusable.

Because the problem first occured in a megainstall with Sandrah, Rot, CtB and many more - even tactical or red selections in BWS - its a nice gift, as I first sold all armor, weapons, rings etc. and bought some interesting equipment for my team. But I was not very happy with Jaheiras Spellbook that looks a bit unsorted and gains too much spells for level 1 - so I looked around, read about Sandrah and found, that the unusable items are not a gift for the poor adventurer but should belong to herself.

• PheosicsPheosics Member Posts: 16
    I had that issue with Sandrah's gear, I just used EEKeeper to remove the different item requirements. Sure it means anyone can use them, but I just make sure they stay with her
  • langjicourlangjicour Member Posts: 2

Even on a minimal-BWS-setup with the Sandrah-mods and all prefered mods and the Sphere-System of Faith and Powers Sandrahs Items do not belong to her.
    if you try to use the Sphere-System, the problem shows up. Even if you install only Sphere-System or try to change installation order or use the older 0.64 version of Faith and Power, Sandrahs personal items are all unusable.

This is really hard for me to test because BWS doesn't support my OS, and Sandrah has a bunch of required mods that I don't particularly care for and may not be able to install. Also Sandrah states it should be installed late, and it's (necessarily) the responsibility of the later mod to ensure compatibility. I tried to help Roxanne with issues like this but I'm going blind since I don't know how her mod works and can't do any testing.

How big is your override folder? Could you zip it and upload it somewhere for me to download?
    It did not depend on BWS. I found an small error in SANDRAHS patch for d5_class.2da. Roxanne defined the class of SANDRAH as cleric, not as FIGHTER_CLERIC. But this does not change the strange behaviour on her items - you can all make them usable as written in the post before or with DLCTEP. But the items and their restrictions will show up normal without F&P.
    And it's the same items as in Roxannes insrtallation. I change their restrictions in Roxannes installation-folder and all seems ok. Have posted it on Spellhold. But I think the base problem must be inside F&P, because without SPHERE-SYSTEM you need not change item-behaviour.

OK. Enough for now. Will later look on this and on all your .2da*s - back in the game and back in the long missed modding probs.
    ThacoBell
    edited October 2017
    I just noticed something weird. Anomen can still dual class even though he is already a fighter / priest (I turned the dual-class option on for FnP). It looks like other then the hp and more weapons pips, he does not get any boost to THAC0 for the fighter levels.

More details:
    The option to dual-class shows up after he passes his test for the Order of the Radient Heart.

edited October 2017
    He keeps his spells. Look at EEKeeper and he keeps the kit.

Definitely do not want to select the dual class option. It will let you select fighter and pick weapon pips. Then you have 2250000 XP to next level. You do get all the fighet pips he had for 7th level fighter as well.

I can see why you want to steer clear of dual-classing in FnP. I guess the next install I will turn off dual-class to avoid this stuff.