Skip to content

2017 Infinity Engine Fan-art Contest: Enhanced Edition

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
edited October 2017 in News

Participate in the biggest official Infinity Engine Fan-art Contest of the last decade!

November 28, 2017, marks the 5-year anniversary of Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition, and we’re holding an art contest to celebrate! It’s time to summon your skills and try your luck in the 2017 Infinity Engine Fan-art Contest: Enhanced Edition.

Contest Rules

The theme of this contest is Enhanced Editions:
- Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition (including Siege of Dragonspear)
- Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition
- Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition
- Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition

To enter, all you have to do is draw, sculpt, model, compose, bake, or otherwise create something related to these games and post a picture/photo of it in this thread. From your favorite characters to landscapes, if it appears in an Enhanced Edition, it’s fair game for the contest.

It must be original work (as in, YOU created it, not someone else) and previously never published anywhere. Enter as many times as you’d like, but you’ll only be able to win a single prize. Other community members will vote for your works by giving reactions to your posts.

Submissions must be made between October 25, 2017, 10:00 AM PST, and November 20, 2017, 23:59 PM PST.

The Grand Prize Winner and 3 Runners-Up will be decided by the amount of reactions their posts get from forum users. The pictures/photos which get more “likes”, “agrees”, “insightfuls”, “promotes” in total, will win. The period of getting reactions will exceed the submission period by 6 days.

Reactions will be counted between October 25, 2017, 10:00 AM PST, and November 26, 2017, 23:59 PM PST.

Our team will also pick their own favorite to decide on the Beamdog’s Choice Prize Winner.

Contest Prizes

We are offering several fabulous prizes:

1 Grand Prize Package

The winner of the Grand Prize will receive Baldur’s Gate: Siege of Dragonspear Collector’s Edition signed by the team.

1 Beamdog’s Choice Package

Our team will chose their own favorite who will receive a special MYSTERY swag pack including a digital copy of Beamdog’s next game when it’s released!

3 Runners-Up Prize Packages

Each Runner-Up will receive their choice of Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition / Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition / Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition physical copies, OR a digital version of Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition, OR a digital version of Siege of Dragonspear, OR their choice of an Enhanced Edition on mobile with all the DLCs.

All winning pictures/photos and the Runners-up will be published on the Beamblog in an article dedicated to the the 5-year anniversary of Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition.

Excited? Get out there, create, post, and vote!

Good luck, everyone!
Post edited by JuliusBorisov on
lefreutAedanAerakarAndreaColomboO_BruceDev6KamigoroshiThacoBelldeltago[Deleted User]ArndasHurricaneloliencmk24ButtercheeseGod[Deleted User]Varwulfs0ulafeinkaguanaDanitheangeldevilorchidkittyAdultaclaneanastiel

Comments

• O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    Not going to achieve anything, but I'm quite willing to give it a try.
    [Deleted User]lolienCaloNord[Deleted User]
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Do it @O_Bruce! Your art rocks!

I'll attempt to cook something up myself.
    [Deleted User]lolien[Deleted User]
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    edited October 2017

I could offer the detailed and life-like drawing of an Invisible Stalker. Downside on the other hand would be that members are required to cast true seeing to actually be able to see all of its glory. :v

That's a mind blowing idea. I myself am thinking of painting a drow in the caverns of Underdark at night.
    lolien[Deleted User]ashafetovQueegon
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    I wish could Like that multiple times.
    tbone1themazingnesslolien
  • EnilwynEnilwyn Member Posts: 140
    Just end the competition now. Give this person all the prizes. ALL OF THEM!!!

It's not just the book, it's the fog machine, the gold coins, the armor, the long sword in the background.

@JuliusBorisov No amount of beat-boxin' or interpretive dance can compete with this!
    themazingnessFlashburnVarwulf
  • themazingnessthemazingness Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 702
    @JuliusBorisov Does fiction count? I can write, but I can't draw/sculpt/etc. to save my life.
    [Deleted User]
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @themazingness
    Fiction doesn't count for this contest, as it's difficult to make a picture/photo of it. But if you find a way to do it, though... :)

@Enilwyn
    That entry is very good. It gives even more reason to participate and vote in this contest. One can't expect less frome the Infinity Engine Art Contest. These games deserve the best.

Can't wait for the next entry already!
    ThacoBell
  • themazingnessthemazingness Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 702
    edited October 2017

@themazingness
    Fiction doesn't count for this contest, as it's difficult to make a picture/photo of it. But if you find a way to do it, though... :)

@Enilwyn
    That entry is very good. It gives even more reason to participate and vote in this contest. One can't expect less frome the Infinity Engine Art Contest. These games deserve the best.

Can't wait for the next entry already!

I could, but I doubt you want a short story in jpeg format :wink:

It's too bad. I was thinking about doing this for NaNoWriMo, though I wasn't planning on submitting a novel. Just something short.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811

@JuliusBorisov Does fiction count? I can write, but I can't draw/sculpt/etc. to save my life.

Wild Surge may have you covered in the new year. Stay tuned. ;)
    lolienthemazingness[Deleted User]Anduin
  • GenderNihilismGirdleGenderNihilismGirdle Member Posts: 1,353
    @CRUXPL first entry and already KILLING IT
    [Deleted User]
  • Dev6Dev6 Member Posts: 719
    Holy crap, there's only been two entries so far and they're both amazing.
    [Deleted User]
  • SFischSFisch Member Posts: 59
    @arcisas This is really cool! What DAW do you use?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @Varwulf Sounds fun! But maybe the artist themselves will submit the PP here?
    Varwulf[Deleted User]lolien
  • VarwulfVarwulf Member Posts: 564

@Varwulf Sounds fun! But maybe the artist themselves will submit the PP here?

I've already planted the seed ;)
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]lolienGenderNihilismGirdle
  • Dev6Dev6 Member Posts: 719
    Varwulf said:

I am half tempted to submit the portrait pack on the artist's behalf, but it's kind of a--shall we say, unique pack and I don't know that everyone would appreciate it. (it is perfectly family friendly, just so we're clear...)

I'm calling it right now, they're furry portraits. :p
    Flashburn[Deleted User][Deleted User]Varwulf
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    deltagoThacoBell[Deleted User]lolien
  • GodGod Member Posts: 1,150
    This is not a placeholder.
    [Deleted User]