Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Axis & Allies 1942 Online is now available in Early Access! Buy it on Steam. The FAQ is available.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• semiticgodsemiticgod Member, Moderator Posts: 13,328
    I've always been very anxious about random spawns on resting, as both can be extremely fatal in the Nashkel mines and the Cloakwood mines. I use custom rest spells to replicate the effects of trudging back to the surface to rest safely.

OrlonKronsteenWise_Grimwaldlolien
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 5,212
    For me, part of the difficulty of no-reload is the hassle of playing safely. That provides an ever-growing temptation to take 'just one more risk' as the run continues :p.

Also, I'm not aware of anywhere in the Cloakwood Mine map that's totally safe to rest - have I missed something @semiticgod?

OrlonKronsteenWise_GrimwaldJuliusBorisov
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,723

Flashburn said:

I've got 97 stone to flesh scrolls. Farming takes at least a half hour of mind-numbing clicking...

The basilisk XP loop is by far the fastest way of gaining XP in BG1, but it's actually still too slow for me. On more than one occasion, I un-petrified and re-petrified a basilisk several times, did the math in Excel, dropped the right number of scrolls, and added the rest of the XP via the console. It's probably a testament to my impatience that I'd rather spend 2 minutes using the console than spend 30 minutes doing the basilisk XP loop, which already obviates the need for several hours of in-game XP gathering.
    I know I could've done it like that, but I did it manually just so I can say I've done it the hard way before. I'm not putting myself through that clickfest again. I'll use the console next time I set the loop up correctly.

semiticgodWise_GrimwaldJuliusBorisovlolien