Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    I've always been very anxious about random spawns on resting, as both can be extremely fatal in the Nashkel mines and the Cloakwood mines. I use custom rest spells to replicate the effects of trudging back to the surface to rest safely.
    OrlonKronsteenWise_Grimwaldlolien
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    For me, part of the difficulty of no-reload is the hassle of playing safely. That provides an ever-growing temptation to take 'just one more risk' as the run continues :p.

Also, I'm not aware of anywhere in the Cloakwood Mine map that's totally safe to rest - have I missed something @semiticgod?
    OrlonKronsteenWise_GrimwaldJuliusBorisov
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847

Flashburn said:

I've got 97 stone to flesh scrolls. Farming takes at least a half hour of mind-numbing clicking...

The basilisk XP loop is by far the fastest way of gaining XP in BG1, but it's actually still too slow for me. On more than one occasion, I un-petrified and re-petrified a basilisk several times, did the math in Excel, dropped the right number of scrolls, and added the rest of the XP via the console. It's probably a testament to my impatience that I'd rather spend 2 minutes using the console than spend 30 minutes doing the basilisk XP loop, which already obviates the need for several hours of in-game XP gathering.
    I know I could've done it like that, but I did it manually just so I can say I've done it the hard way before. I'm not putting myself through that clickfest again. I'll use the console next time I set the loop up correctly.
    semiticgoddessWise_GrimwaldJuliusBorisovlolien