Skip to content

The perennial question

The user and all related content has been deleted.
loliendunbarJuliusBorisovThacoBelltbone1Contemplative_HamsterBlackravenAerakar

Comments

• OrlonKronsteenOrlonKronsteen Member Posts: 905
    Wow, you have so many options I can see why it's a tough decision. Do you have NPCs out of that long list that you really want to use? That may be a starting point - eliminating roles that will already be filled by other characters. Other than that, is there a theme you're interested in exploring, e.g. rogues, undead slayers, etc.? And for higher level considerations, do certain classes scale better throughout the game with your mod setup?
    JuliusBorisovtbone1Aerakar
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    If you haven't played with Finch or Indira before, I would strongly recommend both of them. They're extremely charming and fun to have around, and neither of them is overpowered. Tenya is also an interesting character, though she's extremely overpowered if you use her special water spells (Boiling Rain Storm is devastating).
    JuliusBorisovArctodusAerakar
  • Dev6Dev6 Member Posts: 719
    I'm honestly surprised the game even works with so many mods installed.
    Maybe I should try this out next time I play...
    JuliusBorisovThacoBelltbone1
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305

I've only played IWD lately, so I'm spoiled by its ability to create 6 characters. If I can only make one, what will it be?

If you enjoy RP then going with NPCs makes sense, but given that you like the IWD set-up then why not create your own personalised party?
    JuliusBorisovAerakar
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    BlackravenThacoBellAerakar
  • Contemplative_HamsterContemplative_Hamster Member Posts: 844
    edited November 2017
    Alora is totally a cleric/thief of Tymora with the FnP kit. She fits the role so well. Have done this in my own game as well.

Do not succumb to restartitis. Go with the warrior mystic. He is dead 'ard. As Viconia might say: Victory will be yours. You know this.

Edit: you're a scion of Bhaal, Lord of Murder and, by extension, Involuntary and Premature Inhumation. I think the warrior mystic with powers over earth and soil is a good fit. Several BG gods of death or the dead (though not murder) are also gods of the soil, the harvest, etc. Urogalan, halfling god of death and the ground, even has a splinter sect that buries people alive .....
    Post edited by Contemplative_Hamster on
    semiticgoddess[Deleted User]Aerakar
    ThacoBell_Luke_ZaghoulAerakar
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2017
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    Contemplative_HamsterThacoBelldunbarAerakar
  • Oh, how the tables have turned!
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535

And, thanks to the "Level 1 Cantrips" component of Tome & Blood, Tarnesh can spam Sleep at me without limit, every other round. :open_mouth: (Thankfully, it is nerfed to be a single-target spell.)

Summoned creatures behave in a very strange way: for example, ogre mages from SR monster summoning V will keep casting "Shield" every round when idle (even though the duration of that spell is 5 turns......)

• ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938

Incidentally these mods make the game pretty interesting. In addition to more content (I just met a dying mail carrier who asked me to deliver a bunch of letters around the area... cool justification to go out and explore!),

I love that mod, little surprises all the way through the game just about. B)
    edited November 2017
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    edited November 2017
    @subtledoctor I was not using SCS, just SR and TnB in order to see if summoned creatures would receive cantrips..... Anyway, I found another bug: it seems that with TnB installed, mages can use short bows, long swords, katanas, 2-handed swords, crossbows,.... -> this is clearly not intended....

2) For Heaven's sake, install SCS! The game's really kind of not worth playing without it.

Yes, I know and I'll do it :) I am currently testing some of your mods in order to see their contents.

However, I sent you several messages regarding your mods and I'd like you to have a look at them -> I am sure I did find some bugs......
    edited November 2017
    ThacoBellAerakarStummvonBordwehr
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @subtledoctor Sirene is slow to trust. She opens up A LOT after clearing the Nashkel mines. In fact, I don't think any banters of hers trigger until you clear the mines.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    @subtledoctor Did you installed all those mods manually?

(And I always thought that Divine Remix and F&P were not compatible)
    Raduziel
    ThacoBellStummvonBordwehr
    edited December 2017
    ThacoBellStummvonBordwehr
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @subtledoctor to save you some time Rasaad's quest ain't starting anytime soon.

It only triggers in the docks district of Baldur's Gate. So yeah. Getting it to trigger also seems completely random.
    ThacoBell
    How's it going :) ?

I mean, it'd be nice if you could give people feedback about playing a heavily modded game on an iPad (stability, noticeable slow downs and so forth.....). My game is going quite well at the moment (with a 2-3 level party, SCS Greywolf was a nasty surprise: I managed to kill him only thanks to the wand of frost....)
    StummvonBordwehr
    Luke93 said:

I managed to kill him only thanks to the wand of frost....)

I have some bad news for you...
    Raduziel said:

Luke93 said:

What do you mean? This is my first time with SCS....
    Luke93 said:

Raduziel said:

Luke93 said:

What do you mean? This is my first time with SCS....
    You probably lost the best sword in the game (excluding items from SoD or added by mods).