Skip to content

Override folder-friendly mods?

JCPheonixJCPheonix Member Posts: 21
Can you guys name some mods that you can just drop into the override folder? And doesn't require weidu or a pc. I'm playing this game on my android tablet just so you guys know.

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    i think some of the mods from sorcerer's.net have some override friendly stuff ( like the level cap remover )
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    Hi @JCPheonix, Do you have access to a PC? If so, it is reasonably easy to create a mod pack and copy it into your Android game folder. The mods I used were really only based around the BG2 Tweaks v16 pack; Tweaks Anthology v3 is the current replacement, but because you are using 1.3.x, the BG2 Tweaks pack works well.

Have a look at this discussion for most the info needed to generate the modkit.

I am in the process of making some notes about modding the Android games (mainly so I don't forget the process I used, but also to help out one of the members who is 'Alpha' testing the notes at the moment) , and I am happy to upload it here to the forum when nearly complete (these things are never really complete). The notes are currently about BG2EE but would just as easily work for BGEE as well. As a bonus, it will provide some details on how to enable your saved game and modding setup to allow editing via EEKeeper.

If you don't have access to a PC, have a look at BG2 Tweaks or Tweaks Anthology (not tested on Android by me, so I can't say whether it will work for 1.3.x) and make a selection. If possible (it may depend on what version of BGEE you have for your android device), I can put together a pack for you. As an example, I did a pack for BG2EE for another member who didn't initially have access to a PC. If you run BG2EE on your device and it is 1.3.2064, then why not try it out; the details of what was modded are in the discussion...

I still have 1.3.2070 (Android) setup on my PC for modding but I don't play on my Tab S any more as I went hybrid PC. Should be able to test on my Note 4 though.

If not and you are only looking for some override folder mods, then I kept a couple in my archive:
    More Style for Mages_Ranged Staffs, Circlets, Robe Tweaks (not sure if the latest version still supports 1.3 but worth trying, and the override version is still there.
    Algerons Cloak - many Charms per day, there may be some other overrides there as well that would suit. Be aware that most are for BGEE v2.0 so it would be a little but of guess work as well as trial and error.
    BGEE - BG_EE_Level 40
    Unfortunately the rest of the mods I have for 1.3.x are weidu based.

Not in my archive but might work is A Simple XP Cap Remover which you would use without the SOD component of course.

Anyway, sorry for the wall of text but I hope that it helps
    Gus

JuliusBorisovProontRAM021
  • JCPheonixJCPheonix Member Posts: 21
    I don't have access to a pc nor weidu but I'll take a look at what mods there are. Ty
    Gusinda
    No probs. Just let me know what version of BGEE you have and what your device is. Once we have sorted that out, we should be able to create a mod kit with your selection.

Please note that this would only work for the current version of BGEE. Once the game goes 2.x/3.x (whatever the new version will be), a new mod pack will have to be created or the new version might be modable on your device (we can dream).

Gus
    edited November 2017
    I'm on version 1.3.2070. And acer iconia one 10 device.

I already have the battle enhancer mod installed. Will it conflict with the new mods?
    I have never used that mod so I can't say whether it would or not, but if you install the new mod first then recopy the Battle Enhancer over, it should be preferenced.

Gus
    JCPheonix[Deleted User]
    edited December 2017
    Hi @JCPheonix, If you have a look here, you will find a modfile for BGEE on Android. It will give you an idea of what the BG2Tweaks mod looks like. Have a try of you want.

For installation, rename the override folder to something else to begin with, copy the file across and start a new game. I would recommend Freaky01.zip at the moment as it is only BG2Tweaks and the others include NPC_EE but there is no harm in trying any of them; all the deatils are included. Once you know that it works, you can rename the override folder back to what it was and see what the impact of Battle Enhancer is on the game or start a new one. IE: whether Battle Enhancer overrides what is in the modfile or whether the modfile takes charge...

I am interested to know if you try this and what the impact is... Actually, might give this a go myself just for fun.

If this works well, then we can build another with the mod components that you would like from either BG2Tweaks or Tweaks Anthology.

Gus

Edit:
    Had a play with both Freaky01.zip and Battle Enhancer. Seemed to work well. I am not overly familar with Battle Enhancer but some of the battles had increased difficulty; there appeared to be no conflict (at least for the part I played).
    Whilst I was playing, I also thought that you might be keen to play using the open beta patch coming out next week. I know I am, so for me initially, it will be vanilla...
    Post edited by Gusinda on
    StummvonBordwehr
    Hi Gus, here's a list of what I want and don't want in the package.

Can you include the Spell Revisions mod, more specifically the Cure Sleep Fix? Where a sleeping npc will awaken if hit.
    categories:

Cosmetic Changes

This batch of tweaks generally changes the look and feel of the game, without making general rule changes or altering the underlying mechanics of the engine.

(YES) Remove Helmet Animations
    (YES) Imoen Avatar Change
    (YES) Nalia Avatar Change
    (YES) Viconia Skin Color Change
    (NO) Avatar Morphing Script
    (YES) Weapon Animation Tweaks
    (NO) Icewind Dale Casting Graphics (Andyr)
    (NO) Baldur's Gate Casting Graphics
    (NO) Restore SoA Load Screen Logo
    (NO) Restore IWD Loading Screens (icelus)
    (NO) Disable Portrait Icons Added by Equipped Items
    (NO) Commoners Use Drab Colors
    (YES) Icon Improvements
    (YES) Force All Dialogue to Pause
    (YES) Fix Boo's Squeak
    (NO) Make Magic Shields Glow (plainab/grogerson)
    (NO) Unique Icons
    (YES) Unique Containers (Miloch)
    (NO) Use Character Colors Instead of Item Colors
    (YES) Remove Blur Effect from Equipped Items
    (NO) Separate Resist Fire/Cold Portrait Icon into Separate Icons (Angel)

Content Tweaks

These components make alterations to content in order to provide a better player experience.

(YES) More Interjections
    (Yes?) Alter HP Triggers for NPC Wounded Dialogues
    (NO) Reveal Wilderness Areas Before Chapter Six
    (YES) Make Cloakwood Areas Available Before Completing the Bandit Camp
    (NO) Improved Athkatlan City Guard (Andyr)
    (NO) Gradual Drow Item Disintegration
    (YES) Breakable Nonmagical Armor, Helms, and Shields
    (YES) Improved Multi-Player Kick-out Dialogues
    (YES?) Send BioWare NPCs to an Inn (DavidW/Zed Nocear)
    (YES) Add Bags of Holding
    (NO) Portable Containers (Zed Nocear)
    (NO) Exotic Items Pack
    (NO) Reveal City Maps
    (NO) Do Not Reveal City Maps
    (NO) Add Map Notes
    (YES) Stores Sell Larger Stacks of Items
    (YES?) Reputation Resets at Beginning of BG2
    (NO) Gems and Potions Require Identification
    (NO) Shapeshifter Rebalancing (Weimer)
    (NO) Multiple Strongholds (Sabre, Baldurdash, Weimer)
    (NO) Bonus Merchants (Baldurdash, Weimer)
    (NO) Female Edwina (Davide Carte, Wendy Yung, Weimer)
    (NO) Romance Bug Fixes (Sabre, Richardson)
    (NO) Imoen ToB Dialogue Fix (JCompton)
    (NO) Use BG Walking Speeds (BETA)
    (NO) Allow Cromwell to Upgrade Watcher's Keep Items
    (NO) Adjust Cromwell's Forging Time
    (NO) Give Cespenar Cromwell's Recipes
    (NO) Friendly Arm Inn Hidden Container Restoration (plainab)
    (NO) Move NPCs from Baldur's Gate
    (NO) Bardic Reputation Adjustment
    (NO) Change Cloakwood Mine Chapter End Change Trigger to Non-TotSC Behavior (plainab) (BETA)
    (NO) NPCs Respond to the Main Character, Not to Whichever Character Talks to Them
    (NO) Make Heart of Winter Accessible at Any LevelRestore BG2 Spells and Make Scrolls Available

Rule Changes

These components make alterations to rules, game mechanics, and other aspects of the underlying game.

(YES) Two-Handed Bastard Swords
    (YES) Two-Handed Katanas
    (YES) Two-Handed Axes
    (YES) Universal Clubs
    (NO) Weapon Styles for All
    (NO) Delay High Level Abilities
    (YES, Remove Completely) Change Experience Point Cap
    (YES) Allow Stealth and Thieving Abilities in Heavy Armor per P&P
    (YES) Allow Arcane Spellcasting in Armor
    (YES) Expanded Dual-Class Options
    (YES, P&P) Wear Multiple Protection Items
    (YES, 2nd or 3rd option) Alter Weapon Proficiency System
    (YES) Cast Spells from Scrolls (and Other Items) at Character Level
    (YES, Hybrid) Shopkeepers Have Limited Identification Ability
    (YES) Multi-Class Grand Mastery (Weimer)
    (YES, first option) Change Grandmastery Bonuses
    (NO) Change Magically Created Weapons to Zero Weight
    Make +x/+y Weapons Consistent
    Description Updates for Make +x/+y Weapons Consistent Component
    (YES) Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table
    (YES) Un-Nerfed Sorcerer Spell Progression Table
    (Yes, P&P) Alter Mage Spell Progression Table
    (Yes, P&P) Alter Bard Spell Progression Table
    (Yes, P&P) Alter Cleric Spell Progression Table
    (Yes, P&P) Alter Druid Spell and Level Progression Tables
    (NO) Triple-Class HLA Tables
    (NO) Add Save Penalties for Spells Cast by High-Level Casters
    (NO) Trap Cap Removal (Ardanis/GeN1e)
    (NO) Remove Delay for Magical Traps (Ardanis/GeN1e)
    (YES) Remove Summoning Cap
    Remove Summoning Cap for Celestials (Ardanis/GeN1e)Alter Multiclass Restrictions
    (NO) Remove Racial Restrictions for Single Classes
    (NO) Alter Dual-class Restrictions
    (NO) Remove Racial Restrictions for Kits
    (YES) Paladins Use IWD-HoW Spell Progression Tables (grogerson)
    (YES) Rangers Use IWD-HoW Spell Progression Tables (grogerson)
    (NO) Druids Use 3e Alignment Restrictions
    (YES) Loosen Item Restrictions for Multi- and Dual-class Clerics
    (YES) Change Item Restrictions for Multi- and Dual-class Druids
    (NO) Everyone Gets Bonus APR from Specialization (subtledoctor)
    (NO) Enforce PnP Proficiency Rules on Dual-Classed Characters (subtledoctor)
    (YES) Exceptional Strength Weight Limit Changes (sarevok57)
    (NO) Level-Locked Spell Scrolls (Angel)
    (YES) Allow Mages to Use Bucklers and Thieves to Use Small Shields (Angel)
    (NO) Lightning Bolts Don't Bounce (Angel)

Convenience Tweaks and/or Cheats

These components seek to remove annoying aspects of the game or to make it easier.
    (NONE OF THESE, UNLESS SPECIFIED BY YES)
    Max HP at Level One
    Higher HP on Level Up
    Allow HP Rolls Through Level 20 (Angel)
    Maximum HP Creatures (the bigg)
    Identify All Items
    Easy Spell Learning
    Bottomless Bags of Holding
    Remove Fatigue from Restoration Spells
    Shut Up "You Must Gather Your Party ..." (Weimer)
    Change Effect of Reputation on Store Prices
    (YES, 120) Increase Ammo Stack Size
    (NO) Increase Jewelry and Gem Stacks
    (YES, 40) Increase Potion Stacking
    Increase Scroll Stacking
    Happy Patch
    NPCs Don't Fight
    Prevent Aerie-Haer'Dalis Romance
    Neutral Characters Make Happy Comments at Mid-Range Reputation (Luiz)
    No Traps or Locks (Weimer)
    Faster Chapter 1&2 Cut-Scenes & Dreams (Karzak, Blucher, aVENGER, Weimer)
    Invisible Cloak of Mirroring / Spell Trap (Weimer)
    Keep Drizzt's Loot, Disable Malchor Harpell (Weimer)
    No Drow Avatars on Party In Underdark (Weimer)
    Romance Cheats (Sabre, Richardson, Weimer)
    (YES) Rest Anywhere (Japheth, Weimer)
    Disable Non-Hostile Rest Spawns
    (YES, Double) Alter Hostile Rest Spawns
    Sellable Items (Icelus)Stores Purchase All Item Types
    Minimum Stats Cheat
    Sensible Entrance Points
    Taerom Makes Additional Ankheg Armors (Icendoan/grogerson)
    Friendly Random Drops
    Never Lose Access to Orrick the Grey's Trade Goods
    Recoverable Ammunition (argent77)
    Recoverable Throwing Weapons (argent77)
    Give Every Class/Kit Four Weapon Slots
    Personalize Automatic Save Names

Joinable NPC Tweaks

Components in this category directly affect joinable NPCs.

Adjust Evil Joinable NPC Reactions
    Improved Fate Spirit Summoning
    ToB-Style NPCs
    (YES) Consistent Stats: Edwin
    (YES) Consistent Stats: Jaheira
    (YES) Change Jaheira to Neutral Good Alignment
    (YES) Consistent Stats: Minsc
    (YES) Consistent Stats: Viconia
    (YES) Make Khalid a Fighter-Mage (Domi)
    (YES) Make Montaron an Assassin (Andyr)
    Change Korgan to Neutral Evil Alignment .
    (YES) Give Kagain A Legal Constitution Score of 19
    (YES) Give Coran A Legal Dexterity Score of 19
    (YES) Make Xan a Generalist Mage (Mike1072)
    Don't Auto-Assign Advanced AI Scripting to Party

edited December 2017
    Hi @JCPheonix, attached is the modfile for most of what you have requested. The note attached explains what wasn't installed, which was mostly that the mod components were for BG2 only.

The Sleep Fix was only for BG Vanilla (an .exe file mod), so it wouldn't work in the EE version.

I did a quick test with Battle Enhancer mod installed and it seemed not to conflict. But it was only quick; essentially started a new game, head out and finished the first screen away from Candlekeep...

If you need any further changes, let me know and I can make them.

To install, remove any other modfile that you might have tried (you can leave your override folder with Battle Enhancer) and copy this into your '/android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition/files' folder (the one with baldur.ini).

Happy Gaming
    Gus
    Edit: Spelling
    StummvonBordwehr
    Thank you Gus. I'll download it when I get home. :)
    Gusinda
    Gus, I get an error when I try to unzip the file. It appears the file is corrupt or something.
    [Deleted User]
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    @JCPheonix, what program are you trying to unzip with? Also, this file doesn't need to be unzipped. Just place it as is in your '/android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition/files' folder (the one with baldur.ini). It has been made ready for BGEE 1.3.2070. It is unlikely to work if you have updated to the Beta 2.5.x due to the dialog.tlk difference.

For info, I downloaded the Tweaks01.zip and was able to unpack using WinRAR (on Windows) and ES File Explorer (on Android).

Gus
    JCPheonixStummvonBordwehr
    edited December 2017
    Oh. I'm using es file explorer on android and still can't unpack it. Could you rehost it?
    Post edited by JCPheonix on
    Hi @JCPheonix, I can reupload (attached) it but there is no need to unpack the file... Just place the file as it is in the '/android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition/files' folder (the one with baldur.ini) and start the game. If the game crashes, then there is a problem and let me know. If it does crash, can you let me know whether you have updated to the beta?

The modfile won't work if you unpack it due to the file 'dialog.tlk' not being in the right location. If you want to be able to unpack the file for whatever reason, I can redo the modfile to make it work, but as I said, there is no need.

Gus
    StummvonBordwehr
    It works but all my weapon proficiencies turned to blank, negating the attack bonuses. What can be done about that?
    Hi @JCPheonix,this might be a conflict with the Battle Enhancer mod. Did you start a new game or continue from a previous save? If you continued, then could you start a new game and see what happens with the proficiencies? Also if this is still a problem, could you do a quick test and rename the 'override' folder to 'override.1' (that will take the Battle Enhancer mod out of play) and try again?

Once that has been tested, and all worked, if you want to finish the original game, then you might have to play that without the Tweaks modfile... (rename the 'override.1' folder back to 'override' and remove the Tweaks.zip file).

Hope all goes well and have a great Christmas
    Gus
    StummvonBordwehr
    It works when I start a new game. Looks like I'll have to start a new game. Merry Christmas Gus.
    Gusinda
  • CajunAznCajunAzn Member Posts: 7
    edited May 2018
    I thought I'd add a little override mod that makes Tazok killable in the bandit camp. It removes the MIHP1.ITM he has equipped.

I made a version for unmodded BG1:EE and another for with SCS installed. Simply extract into your override before you meet Tazok for the first time.

Note: If you manage to kill Tazok before his dialogue trigger, make sure to quickly save as soon as you see "Tazok - Death" and then reload (or else your game will be stuck in dialogue mode). For no reload games, deal less than 98 dmg, let him talk to you, then off the bugger.

For Deheriana...
    Gusinda
  • CajunAznCajunAzn Member Posts: 7
    edited May 2018
    I also made this small tweak to Xan's moonblade to revert it back to "Longsword" proficiency. (This doesn't mod the DIALOG.TLK file however, so description text will still read "Dagger".)

True-blooded elven kin of Xan (or powergamers), combine this with the ITEM_USE.2DA file (reposted from @Erg) to claim your birthright after he "valiantly falls" in battle.
    Gusinda
  • Allanon81Allanon81 Member Posts: 327
    Which files in Tweaks-01 govern weapon animation and commoners no drab colors? Thank first post
  • cracklecrackle Member Posts: 5
    I need an override mod to remove dual/multiclass race restrictions for bg2ee on android
    edited August 2020
    Hi @crackle and welcome to the forum.

You can install this in one of two ways. Ist is to just copy the file to the root of /Files and play (if you have no other mods ruinning).

The other is to unpack the file where the 'override' folder is placed into the 'override' folder (ie: /Files/override).

There are only 3 files in the packed file and it didn't touch the dialog.tlk at all.

Enjoy
    Gus

Edit: Updated file to include removing race type for kits.
    Post edited by Gusinda on
    crackle
    Awesome, I'm gonna try now
    Works!
    There are a few more things I'm looking for..wondering about the possibilities.
    Gusinda
    Hi @crackle, I realised I forgot to include the removal of race types as well. I have updated the file above. You might want to redownload.

Gus