Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• OrlonKronsteenOrlonKronsteen Member Posts: 905
    Enuhal said:

There's this web trap near the shadows - which I actually knew about. I thought to myself "okay, you getter get back out here, put free action in your spellbook, rest and return." My next though was: "Nah, I'm way too lazy for that" - So I triggered the trap on purpose, knowing full well that I could fail the save... why did I do that? So stupid... ...This has to be among the most nonsensical risks I've ever taken in a no-reload run. I have no idea why I did that. Propably huge overconfidence and laziness, I guess.l

I'm glad I'm not the only one who does stuff like this, sometimes. I either get lazy, or I make a dumb mistake that could prove costly. Worse yet is when I combine mistakes with laziness. Latest example: I forgot to load up Edwin's spell book with protection from petrification spells before heading to the basilisk map. So I got there and realized I'd have to add the spells there and rest to make them available. But resting on that screen is creating an unnecessary risk. I should have gone back to Beregost to rest, but I was like, 'nah, I can't be bothered.' I got lucky and succeeded, but it was not an example of great play.

Wise_Grimwaldlolien
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    @Grond0 Commiserations. :(
    StummvonBordwehrFlashburnlolien
    @Wise_Grimwald medusae??? Jeeze, there are so many mods out there...
    lolien
    edited November 2017

@Wise_Grimwald medusae??? Jeeze, there are so many mods out there...

They are from the Drizzt saga and so long as you have protection from petrification, they are OK. They also give plenty of experience, so I'm not complaining. :)

@OrlonKronsteen Doesn't Viconia have "Freedom of Action" ? If I have a cleric, I have her cast that spell on his/herself first and then he/she can cast further freedom of action spells without fear of being held.

Obviously when it is obvious a big battle is coming up, "freedom of action" can be cast beforehand, though there is always the chance that a mage will cast "dispell magic" :( .
    OrlonKronsteenGrond0JuliusBorisov
    edited November 2017
    @Wise_Grimwald Freedom of Action is a fourth level spell, which Viconia doesn't have yet. My characters were too under-leveled for Cloakwood with improved spiders. It's not a mistake I shall make again, and it's a miracle I managed to learn that lesson without ending my run.

Edit: I haven't even done the bandit camp yet. I installed the Tweaks component that reveals the Cloakwood, because I like to get Spider's Bane ASAP.
    JuliusBorisovWise_Grimwald
    That is the advantage of getting Tenya. (Yet another mod) She is the same Tenya that you normally have to fight. She hasn't been changed at all, so if she joins you she is quite powerful. The problem is getting her to join you!! If you are successful you have got yourself a powerful if weak cleric. If not then either you are dead or she is dead.
    OrlonKronsteenJuliusBorisovlolien
  • PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858
    edited November 2017
    Once again, it's probably a good thing Grant Pix lost to Khark. I have no idea how to handle Angelo and his arrows of detonation. (I can handle virtually everything in that battle except for Angelo and his Discount Improved Alacrity Fireballs). Picked up eight reloads just from that.
    Wise_GrimwaldOrlonKronsteenJuliusBorisovlolien