Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    Flashburn said:

After the fight's over, I pack up all the exportable items into my Bag of Holding so they'll see use in SoA.

I thought that items didn't get exported if they are in bags, though my experience of this is limited.
    JuliusBorisovWise_Grimwaldlolien
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Has anyone done a no-reload run of the original, 1998 Baldur's Gate? I was thinking I might try a vanilla trilogy run with a Fighter/Illusionist.
    OrlonKronsteenlolien
  • EnuhalEnuhal Member Posts: 920
    edited November 2017
    @semiticgod I believe there have been quite a few vanilla original BG runs in the old forums. To mention only one: My first success, the druid Kalis, was played in unmodded original Baldur's Gate (which is why he had no kit). I also remember some people still playing the original BG1 even as most people had moved on to Tutu or BGT (I think @Corey_Russell might have been playing the original game for quite a long time, if I recall correctly).
    OrlonKronsteenWise_Grimwaldlolien
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,173
    When you refer to Assassinations, do you mean Alternatives? That's the one that gives you 2 more routes to Spellhold, unless the Assassinations questline does too...?
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @Enuhal: Do you know if there were any solo trilogy runs featuring the original games? If somebody did 1998 BG1 followed by 2000 BG2 and 2001 ToB, I wouldn't bother. But I thought playing with the original SoA UI and mechanics would be nice, and it would be worth it if I could do something new in the process.

@Mantis37: Alternatives, I guess. I thought "Assassinations" was the name of the questline with Malficus, since he says it involves lots of assassinations (it involves one, actually).
  • ArctodusArctodus Member Posts: 992
    @Serg_BlackStrider I think it's a bit sad, because I liked the single target version. Since it also gives a small boost to thac0, AC and save vs breath, it thought it was pretty well balanced. Is the various bonus still there in the new version ? Because otherwise I think it might be a little overpowered. +1/2 apr and +2 to thac0, AC and save vs breath party-wide is a bit much for a level 3 spell.
  • Serg_BlackStriderSerg_BlackStrider Member Posts: 210
    Arctodus said:

@Serg_BlackStrider I think it's a bit sad, because I liked the single target version. Since it also gives a small boost to thac0, AC and save vs breath, it thought it was pretty well balanced. Is the various bonus still there in the new version ? Because otherwise I think it might be a little overpowered. +1/2 apr and +2 to thac0, AC and save vs breath party-wide is a bit much for a level 3 spell.

Nope, aside from +1/2 APR and movement rate bonus there are no other bonuses in new version. It also has scaled duration though (1 turn + 1 round per level) but that's it.
    ArctodusWise_GrimwaldMantis37lolien
  • ArctodusArctodus Member Posts: 992
    Well, that's not too bad then. I just found out the change log and going through it. It does seem to be a good improvement. Wave of Fatigue and Greater Malison seem a lot better, for example.
    Serg_BlackStriderWise_GrimwaldMantis37
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    edited November 2017
    I'm running into the Terl bug. He's a messenger for Anomen. He walks up to him and doesn't initiate dialog, just stalks us the whole time. How do I fix this?

Anomen already knows his sister was killed and we talked to his father, and talked to Bylanna as well. I think his knighthood trial is supposed to start now.