Skip to content

Android Mod - BGEE for play test

GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
@Freakydoo - Just moving the discussion out of the "How to" as I don't want to fill it with info not about "how to"...

For those who are just perusing, the initial discussion started here with a request for some mods for an Android device. One was given but there is intent to generate a more agreeable mod file. Suited for BGEE v1.3.2070 on Andoid.

Gus

Comments

• GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    edited November 2017
    @Freakydoo - In response to your comment of "My android is telling there are no files to extract in the NPC_EE.zip file.".

There is no need to unpack the file. Just place it into the '/android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateiienhancededition/files' folder. In fact, if you do, the 'dialog.tlk' wont work properly.

Although it doesn't need unpacking, it still should have picked up that it was a zip file with contents. What file mamanger are you using?

Gus

Had a quick look with both 'ES File Explorer' and 'My Files' and both were able to extract content. Just make sure that the file was downloaded correctly.

Also, what device is this going on and what version of BG:EE. I have version 1.3.2070 and am testing it on a Samsung Note 4.
  • FreakydooFreakydoo Member Posts: 37
    edited November 2017
    Thank you, Gus for putting my in the correct area. I downloaded the file you provided. My phone says there are no files to extract. Am I doing something wrong? Oops... Didn't see your answer above... sorry
    I have the same version of bgee as you on both my phone (Samsung galaxy s8) and my galaxy tablet... I think it's an s2
    Awesome!! That seems to work great! Thank you!
    Does the TOB style you were telling me about conflict with NPC_EE?
    No. I would think that most of the BG Tweaks are good to install. There are some that modify the NPCs as well so have a look and see which ones you would like.
    Thank you... I'll have a look. Gus, are you part of the Beamdog team?
    No, just a player who enjoys getting the most of the game. Thankfully we have all these great modders out there who provide the extended/different play styles...
    Is bgtweaks edited for android? If it is would you upload it please?
    Is there anyway I can show my Appreciation. I know these mods are not easy to edit for android. I read the proccess.
    BG Tweaks does work (most of it) under android. You will need to provide a list so that the choice is yours. Here is an example of one done earlier for BG2.

No need, it isn't so difficult to create a modfile. I already have my system setup from when I was regularly using a tablet. It is just that some mods don't work or there is a need to do some work around... It is a bit more difficult if there are sound files (well may not be but I haven't tried it). My main use was BG Tweaks and some of my own like a Bag of Holding available at Candlekeep due to disliking inventory management - I RP it mostly by being given a gift from a mentor or if I am a thief, 'finding' it.

Gus
    edited November 2017
    Deleted what I didn't want. What's left is the things I'd like to have. I understand that many of these may not be comparable with android. Please don't mess with sound files if they're a pain. Thank you

Cosmetic Changes

This batch of tweaks generally changes the look and feel of the game, without making general rule changes or altering the underlying mechanics of the engine.

Nalia Avatar Change
    Viconia Skin Color Change
    Weapon Animation Tweaks
    Icewind Dale Casting Graphics (Andyr)
    Restore SoA Load Screen Logo
    Commoners Use Drab Colors
    Icon Improvements
    Change Avatar When Wearing Robes or Armor (Galactygon)
    Force All Dialogue to Pause
    Fix Boo's Squeak
    Content Tweaks

These components make alterations to content in order to provide a better player experience.

More Interjections
    Alter HP Triggers for NPC Wounded Dialogues
    Reveal Wilderness Areas Before Chapter Six
    Make Cloakwood Areas Available Before Completing the Bandit Camp
    Improved Athkatlan City Guard (Andyr)
    Gradual Drow Item Disintegration
    Improved Kick-out Dialogues (Weimer)
    Add Bags of Holding
    Exotic Items Pack
    Reveal City Maps
    Add Map Notes
    Stores Sell Larger Stacks of Items
    Reputation Resets at Beginning of BG2
    Gems and Potions Require Identification
    Shapeshifter Rebalancing (Weimer)
    Multiple Strongholds (Sabre, Baldurdash, Weimer) - with class restrictions.
    Bonus Merchants (Baldurdash, Weimer)
    Imoen ToB Dialogue Fix (JCompton)
    Romance Bug Fixes (Sabre, Richardson)
    Use BG Walking Speeds (BETA)
    Allow Cromwell to Upgrade Watcher's Keep Items
    Give Cespenar Cromwell's Recipes
    Rule Changes

These components make alterations to rules, game mechanics, and other aspects of the underlying game.

Universal Clubs
    Description Updates for Universal Clubs Component
    Weapon Styles for All
    Delay High Level Abilities
    Allow Stealth and Thieving Abilities in Heavy Armor per P&P
    Descriptions Updates for Stealth and Thieving Abilities in Heavy Armor Component
    Allow Arcane Spellcasting in Armor
    Descriptions Updates for Allow Arcane Spellcasting in Armor Component
    Expanded Dual-Class Options
    Wear Multiple Protection Items - no restrictions
    Cast Spells from Scrolls (and Other Items) at Character Level
    Multi-Class Grand Mastery (Weimer)
    True Grand Mastery (Schumacher, Weimer)
    Change Magically Created Weapons to Zero Weight
    Weapons Consistent Component
    Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table
    Un-Nerfed Sorcerer Spell Progression Table
    Alter Mage Spell Progression Table
    Alter Bard Spell Progression Table
    Alter Cleric Spell Progression Table
    Alter Druid Spell and Level Progression Tables
    Add Save Penalties for Spells Cast by High-Level Casters
    Trap Cap Removal (Ardanis/GeN1e)
    Remove Delay for Magical Traps (Ardanis/GeN1e)
    Remove Summoning Cap
    Remove Summoning Cap for Celestials (Ardanis/GeN1e)
    Alter Multiclass Restrictions - allow both
    Remove Racial Restrictions for Single Classes
    Alter Dual-class Restrictions - allow both.
    Remove Racial Restrictions for Kits
    Convenience Tweaks and/or Cheats

These components seek to remove annoying aspects of the game or to make it easier.

Remove Fatigue from Restoration Spells
    Shut Up "You Must Gather Your Party ..."
    Unlimited Ammo Stacks - set to max
    Unlimited Jewelry and Gem Stacks - set to max
    Unlimited Potion Stacks -set to max
    Unlimited Scroll Stacks -set to max
    Neutral Characters Make Happy Comments at Mid-Range Reputation (Luiz)
    No Drow Avatars on Party In Underdark (Weimer)
    Sellable Items (Icelus)
    Sensible Entrance Points
    Joinable NPC Tweaks

Components in this category directly affect joinable NPCs.

Adjust Evil Joinable NPC Reactions
    ToB-Style NPCs
    Consistent Stats: Edwin bb2ee stats
    Consistent Stats: Jaheira bg2ee stats
    Change Jaheira to Neutral Good Alignment
    Consistent Stats: Minsc bg2ee stats
    Consistent Stats: Viconia bg2ee stats
    Change Korgan to Neutral Evil Alignment .

Made some quick notes to consistent npc stats. Gonna look at the document to view my other choices

Ok. I made some changes to the list. The document I took this list from didn't have disruption. I took this from gibberling. Let me know what I'm missing and how I can help

Ok... made many more changes to this list
    Post edited by Freakydoo on
    Did you want any NPC mods as well? It is better to do them all in one hit as there is only one file.

Also, could you relook at the readme for BG Tweaks as there are choices for some components. An example is Consistent Stats: Minsc - would you like BG1 or BG2 stats? That sort of thing is scattered across the document. For the response, just edit the above comment rather than create a new comment. I can pick it up from there (include the NPC changes at the bottom). Some of the components are also only for BG2 (such as Improved Fate Spirit Summoning).

Gus
    Thanks again!
    Hi @Freakydoo,

I have installed the mod components requested from BG2 Tweaks Pack v16. If there were any changes to the requested components, I included a comment beside the component. No comment means all went well for that component.

Please note that this modfile is only for BG1EE v1.3.2070 and wont work when the game is updated to version 2.x/3.x. We will have to see what the modding arrangements are when the update occurs as to whether the same procedure is used or it can be done on the device...

Modfiles:
    I wasn't sure whether you still wanted the NPC_EE changes so I have made two modfiles.
    Freaky01.zip = Mod components only from BG2 Tweaks
    Freaky02.zip = Mod components from both BG2 Tweaks and NPC_EE

Select only one as they will conflict. Make sure you remove the current NPC_EE.zip modfile as this will also conflict (there can only be one dialog.tlk but each modfile contains one...)

To install, remove NPC_EE.zip and copy either freaky01.zip or freak02.zip to your '/android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateiienhancededition/files' folder (the one with baldur.ini) and play.
    To uninstall, remove the file and you have a clean install.

I conducted a quick test on each modfile and they seemed to work, if you have any problems, let me know.

Happy Gaming
    Gus
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,271
    @Gusinda BG2 Tweaks Pack v16 is very outdated version of the mod. You should remove it and use upcoming Tweaks Anthology v4 http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showforum=34
    edited November 2017
    Thanks @ALIEN. This modfile is being installed onto Android which is still at v1.3. When the update occurs, this would certainly be using 4.x (or whatever it may be). I currently run 3.0 on my PC and keeping an eye as to what is happening with 4, but have no probs with BG Tweaks on 1.3.

Thanks again for tip.
    Gus

Edit: Actually, I should allow Freakydoo to make the choice... @Freakydoo, have a look at the above link and you would find Tweaks Antology v3 (or here is a link to the readme file). See if there are any additional components that you would like and I can redo the modfile. Takes very little time and there may be a feature(s) that you want...
    Post edited by Gusinda on
    I'll stick with the current version till bgee android is updated thank you
    Ok. Hope all goes well with the modfile. Let me know if there are any probs / changes you want made.

Happy Gaming
    Gus
    edited November 2017
    Hi @Freakydoo, No. I beleive that it is for BG2 old school only... What component were you looking at, maybe it is part of another.

Gus
    Happy thanksgiving!
    Not sure how to explain it.... but it's about getting a more pc feel from the npcs from the get go. Giving jahera scimitar proficiency instead of the silly club thing...
    Right... haven't seen anything like that for the EEs. I normally use EEKeeper to adjust any starting NPC proficiences if needed. I normally leave them as is, unless I also change their class...

Tried a couple of things on Imoen where I sort of made her level 0 (ie: no weapon prof, 1 HP, no additional thieving skill points) and she levelled up as soon as you meet but... I noticed that she didn't get the correct amount of thief skill points (she only got 25 whereas she should have received 40) so I am sure that there are other probs as well.

One way to get the job done would be to upload a starting saved game and proficiencies could be adjusted to your satisfaction (if you have a party in mind).

Gus

Thank you... I use to have that mod way back when. Maybe soonish someone will get make a mod for this.

Also... sorry ahead of time for being needy.
    I was hoping you could make a few changes to npc_ee.. i just noticed there were options.

Make Imoen a multiclass mage/thief

Make Jaheira a single-class druid

Make Khalid a multiclass ranger/cleric

Make Minsc a fighter

Make Dynaheir a sorcerer

Make Coran a single-class thief

Component 240: choose a new class for Branwen no change

Component 260: choose a new class for safana... no change

Make Xzar a multiclass necromancer/cleric

Make Montaron a single-class thief

Component 460: choose a new class for Alora. No change

Make Xan a bard, or a fighter/mage

Component 580: choose a new class for Viconia no change

Component 620: choose a new class for Neera no change

Component 680: choose a new class for Yoshimo n/a

Make Yoshimo a multiclass fighter/thief

Component 700: choose a new class for Valygar n/a

Make Valygar a multiclass fighter/thief, or a single-class fighter

Component 720: choose a new class for Nalia n/a

Make Nalia a bard, or a multiclass cleric/mage, or a sorcerer

Component 760: choose a new class for Mazzy n/a

Make Mazzy a fighter/cleric, or a paladin

Thank again... I honestly feel bad. Normally I'd do this myself. My gf and moved and seriously... if we couldn't fit it into the back of our Honda civic then we got rid of it.Thank you, gus!
    Hi @Freakydoo, this is absolutely no problems, takes very little time and increases enjoyment level in the game. This is what the community is all about...

Enjoy
    Gus
    edited November 2017
    Thank you... does freaky03 include bgeetweaks?

Nvm... Thank you
    Hi @Freakydoo, here is another version of the modfile. All I have done with this one is to change a proficiency for Jaheira from Club to Scimitar. Everything else is the same as Freaky03.zip.

I haven't tested this, so if there are any probs, let me know.

If you want some of the other NPCs to have different starting proficiencies...

Gus
    edited November 2017
    That awesome! I'll check it out. Thank you!

Think I'll play through this game and make notes of change I'd like... hopefully Beamdog will have a new version out for android st then and I can make all the changes I need then.
    Getting the beta now. I'll let you know how these mods work with it
    Quite a few updates need to be made. Mostly dialog.tlk stuff I think. Also, shaman is not available while human multiclassing is in. The only other issues I've come across have to do with dialog and item descriptions
    This is a prob, I don't yet have the beta and unlikely to look at it until in the new year. If you get access to a PC, I can pass on instructions on what I do for modding (or run some vanilla CHARNAMEs). You would be correct though, the dialog.tlk would be different.

Gus
    edited December 2017
    Could you send any updates my way please.

Someone on another forum suggested that leaving dialog.tlk loose might fix the issue. I can't find a dialog.tlk file in the zip you provided me.