Skip to content

2017 Infinity Engine Fan-art Contest: Enhanced Edition

Comments

• BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    edited November 2017
    Dang, @Valmyr beat me to the first like by two minutes. I should have read it faster.

Excellent as always, @Buttercheese .
    Buttercheesekaguana
  • artleyartley Member Posts: 6
    Hey! I'm new here and I really want to participate in this contest, but my file is SWF (flash). The rules say that you can't have an entry uploaded in any previous places, but then how can I show my project to you guys?? The only way I know off, is uploading it to deviant-art and then linking it here, but that would be against the rules, right?
  • ashafetovashafetov Member Posts: 231
    Hey #artley ! Curious to see this one! You can capture a video from this one, or try to export it as *.avi if you don't have complicated movie clip hierarchy. Therefore, this output file can be uploaded on YouTube and shared here, like some people did in this thread.
    [Deleted User]
    hey @ashafetov ! thanks for responding! Unfortunately it will remove some of the features in the file. It's basically an interactive comic, where you progress with clicking (there's also a button in the beginning), but I might need to accept, that this is the only way I can showcase it. A friend of mine also suggested that I upload the comic as a zip file, so people can download it and get the real experience. I'm hoping that will be enough :neutral:
    ashafetov
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    Looking at some of these entries make me wanna use every profane word I have in my vocabulary. And I mean that in the good way, like in the "I think you are the most talented sob in the world" kind of way. Holy Moses, this place have a ton of talented members. Kudos to all of you.

And well done getting the entry in @buttercheese. That was an epic contribution.
    lolienButtercheeseO_Bruce
  • ashafetovashafetov Member Posts: 231
    #artley yes, this is what I am talking about. You can record a video, a screencapture and share it here. Uploading zip files with SWF probably not the best idea as folks sometimes have problems with opening those. Including a suspicios *.exe file instead is even worse
    artley
    @ashafetov yeah, I wouldn't trust it either, so you're probably right :) Thanks for the help!
    ashafetov
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    @BillyYank & @Skatan
    Thank you, guys. I figured I'd have to go all out with this one if I want to stand a chance >.>
    lolienThacoBellartleyAedan
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    This is a fierce competition.
    lolienAedanButtercheeseZaghoul
  • DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977
    ThacoBell said:

Why did I bother to enter again?

Because you're talented.
    Me? Talented? Ha, just looking at some of these entries is making me wish I hadn't even bothered.
  • AndantilusAndantilus Member Posts: 5
    Realised this morning that I did not add a link on top of the image so some might have seen just a tiny thumbnail and dismissed it. It is fixed now, but since we are on a new page, those who have dismissed it earlier might not check it again. So please find below the link to my original post with the image that can be viewed at a larger than a thumbnail size :blush:

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/919069/#Comment_919069
    Flashburn
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    artley said:

Just wanted to add a link to my interactive comic on Devianart, where it can be viewed in its proper resolution and media! And good luck to everyone! There's some truly amazing stuff in here!

http://fav.me/dbuc5r6

Wow! Putting your entry on Youtube simply does not do it proper justice. I'm glad I watched it on your DeviantArt first instead.
    ashafetovdeltagoartley
  • LcrossanLcrossan Member Posts: 2
    Wow I love all the comics I've seen! n-n entries by @artley @shaydh & @Buttercheese are all super good!!
    Buttercheeseartley
    I gotta say, seeing some of the entries here is truly humbling. But I am glad to see so many familiar faces from deviantArt and tumblr here.
    @LadyEibhilinRhett congrats on finishing your entry in time! You did a splendid job <3
    lolien[Deleted User]Lcrossan
    @Flashburn Yeah I was super bummed that I couldn't post it like a flash-file on here, as the first entry! But I'm happy that people will get to read the comic as originally intended now :)
    Flashburn
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    It was a very nice idea from the devs.
    JuliusBorisovButtercheese[Deleted User]Anduin
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    Senpais noticed us/
    Buttercheeselolien[Deleted User]Anduin
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    AedanlolienAnduin
    @Zander Psst, you should make an art thread over in the Fan Creation forum :wink:
    lolienThacoBells0ulafeinJuliusBorisov