Skip to content

2.0 update ETA?

Comments

• RedrakeRedrake Member Posts: 426
    Personally, I'd prefer they remove the kits completely...

Dev6 said:

You don't have to use the kits if you don't like them @Redrake.

I know. I was responding to the previous posts about the need and desire of more kits...
    Raduziel
  • zenblackzenblack Member Posts: 100
    Soon can mean up to a year with Beamdog. Don't expect much with them working on 2 projects, this is why the EE's have labored under a horrid patch cycle. Release, 1 patch, 2 years, maybe another patch.
    Musaab
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    zenblack said:

Soon can mean up to a year with Beamdog. Don't expect much with them working on 2 projects, this is why the EE's have labored under a horrid patch cycle. Release, 1 patch, 2 years, maybe another patch.

3 projects, actually.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    ThacoBell said:

zenblack said:

3 projects, actually.
    2.5 patch

NWNEE

What's the third one?
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    Raduziel said:

ThacoBell said:

zenblack said:

3 projects, actually.
    2.5 patch

NWNEE

What's the third one?
    Supposedly the new Gaider-written game.
    RaduzielThacoBell
  • fetito666fetito666 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 204
    All I want is 2.5, well, and maybe Neverwinter <3
  • BelleSorciereBelleSorciere Member Posts: 2,108
    Apparently the 2.5 beta will be going up on Steam in the near future.

This is per Phil Daigle on the NWN livestream today.
    Dev6JuliusBorisovGrammarsalad
  • dreamtravelerdreamtraveler Member Posts: 377
    thats pretty vague
    I know.

He also said the 2.5 patch would be out soon.
    Aedan
  • dreamtravelerdreamtraveler Member Posts: 377
    also vague
  • fetito666fetito666 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 204
    Once 2.5 is live, I'll pre-order Neverwinter.
  • WesboiWesboi Member Posts: 403
    fetito666 said:

Once 2.5 is live, I'll pre-order Neverwinter.

Neverwinter will probably be released and patched way before 2.5 comes.

also vague

This is a step up from not talking about it at all, which is where we've been for quite some time.
  • Wagner235Wagner235 Member Posts: 11
    So, any news regarding 2.5 patch?
    Or is it some kind of Beamdog's Meme? You know, like Half Life 3.
    fetito666
  • MusaabMusaab Member Posts: 92
    Beamdog does a nice job, but they take forever and ever on everything.
    RedrakeThacoBellthemazingness
    Wagner235 said:

So, any news regarding 2.5 patch?
    Or is it some kind of Beamdog's Meme? You know, like Half Life 3.

The latest news is what I posted above - beta on Steam soon, patch a bit less soon.
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    tbone1 said:

Those are related. There is an old saw in programming, heck in any engineering-related activity. "There is good, there is quick, there is cheap. Pick two, maybe." The games are pretty affordable and they are high quality, so ...

More than a year to release a patch is still pretty bad. They really should release more often smaller patches.
    BelleSorciere
    lefreut said:

tbone1 said:

Those are related. There is an old saw in programming, heck in any engineering-related activity. "There is good, there is quick, there is cheap. Pick two, maybe." The games are pretty affordable and they are high quality, so ...

More than a year to release a patch is still pretty bad. They really should release more often smaller patches.
    Some platforms haven't been updated for 2 and a half years. I got a bet on with a friend it reaches 3 years before it's updated and I'll win £50. So here's to beamdogs incompetence to making me money hopefully.
  • Dev6Dev6 Member Posts: 719
    Wesboi said:

lefreut said:

tbone1 said:

Some platforms haven't been updated for 2 and a half years. I got a bet on with a friend it reaches 3 years before it's updated and I'll win £50. So here's to beamdogs incompetence to making me money hopefully.
    Beamdog is a small company, it's been five years since BG:EE was released and they're still improving it and making patches. Name a single AAA game that gets that kind of treatment. Oh wait, you can't. The only incompetence I see is in your arguments.
    lefreut said:

tbone1 said:

Ah yes, they should totally release a bunch of monthly patches that barely change anything instead of taking a year to release a big patch that actually improves the game. Makes total sense.
    StummvonBordwehrThacoBell
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    Dev6 said:

Wesboi said:

lefreut said:

tbone1 said:

Beamdog is a small company, it's been five years since BG:EE was released and they're still improving it and making patches. Name a single AAA game that gets that kind of treatment. Oh wait, you can't. The only incompetence I see is in your arguments.
    lefreut said:

tbone1 said:

Ah yes, they should totally release a bunch of monthly patches that barely change anything instead of taking a year to release a big patch that actually improves the game. Makes total sense.
    To be fair, Trent himself said (somewhere, I think an interview or a forum post) that with all the platforms and projects they were running and trying to update/maintain they were spreading themselves a little thin.
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    Dev6 said:

Codename Entertainment releases patches for Idle Champions every week and I think they are smaller than Beamdog. Just because other companies are bad at patching their games does not mean you have to do the same. Being a small company means that you can often be more agile than big company.
    lefreut said:

Small patch allows them to quickly fix regression and in the end it actually improves the game the same way a big patch would. But you don't have to wait a very long time to get anything.
    Acrux2
    lefreut said:

Small patch allows them to quickly fix regression and in the end it actually improves the game the same way a big patch would. But you don't have to wait a very long time to get anything.

I agree. After all Beamdog released their client program. That can easily be used to turn small patches out for games, not unlike Steam client program does.
    @dev6 if I can mod the fixes for there games in a few hours why can't they patch there games in the space of a few years it is there job after all until they officially declare they no longer support the games.

The next patch is really close.

Tune in the livestream with Beamdog at 11:30 AM PST, December 1, we'll have more to share about patch 2.5.

http://blog.beamdog.com/2017/11/beamdog-live-tune-in-dec-1-2017-at.html

More news about the patch? How about the actual patch, for a change?
    Acrux2
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @lefreut Idle champions has also been out for what, a few months and still in beta? BGEE has had a full release, is stable and yet they keep supporting it. They are fully supporting 5 different games on a bare minimum of 3 different platforms per game. Is that more than they can easily handle? Yeah I think thats obvious, and they probably should have rolled out platforms over time. But still support them we have a patch that is immienent that will bring all platforms up to parity for IWD:EE. THey have abandoned none of them, even though it would be much easier.
    Dev6StummvonBordwehr