Skip to content

Beamdog streams

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
edited February 2018 in General Discussions NWN:EE
Now when livestreams are weekly, everything related to them will be in this thread.

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition Announcement Livestream

Beamdog November 24 Livestream

Beamdog December 1 Livestream

Beamdog December 8 Livestream

Beamdog December 15 Livestream

Beamdog December 22 Livestream

Beamdog January 12 Livestream

Beamdog January 19 Livestream

Beamdog January 26 Livestream Part 1

Beamdog January 26 Livestream Part 2

Beamdog February 2 Livestream

Beamdog February 9 Livestream

Beamdog February 16 Livestream

Beamdog February 23 Livestream
Post edited by JuliusBorisov on
lolien_Luke_Dethangels_ShadowCvijetaanastielStummvonBordwehr

Comments

• StaranStaran Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 295
    Oh I have to say is that I beta the original Neverwinter nights and waited on the forums for five years waiting for it to come out. And this is not Neverwinter nights. Why? Because they don’t have that big fire guy being advertised yet.
    In every single trailer for the original game there was this big fire guy.
    Every video every time.
    Once I see the big fire a guy with a sword I will except this as the true successor to the original game.
    :p
    anastiel
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    It has started!
    lefreut
  • TrinitalTrinital Member Posts: 59
    edited November 2017
    Fantastic Stream, Much more informative, Great Questions, The answers were very in-depth and interesting.
    I am officially getting hyped.

I 100% support weekly streams.

Thank You Beamdog.
    JuliusBorisovlolien
    For now, you can rewatch it on
    lolienTrinital
  • JidokwonJidokwon Member Posts: 395
    @JuliusBorisov: I'm not sure how Twitch works exactly. Do I have to do anything special on my end to watch this? Play isn't doing anything and it says Offline.
  • ShaidenShaiden Member Posts: 181
    edited November 2017
    @Jidokwon

Hi there!

You can try this link:
    *EDITED OUT LINK* Huh, that's weird, it was also broken, sadly I'm not entirely Twitch literate :sweat: *EDITED OUT LINK*

Or, it will likely be up on our Youtube page shortly.
    JuliusBorisov
  • JidokwonJidokwon Member Posts: 395
    @Shaiden: Thank you!
    JuliusBorisov
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    The automatic inline integration in the forum seems to break the link, but if you go there it should work : link
    lolienJuliusBorisov
  • raydeenraydeen Member Posts: 1
    Just pre-ordered the DD edition. This will now be FOUR times I've bought this game. Once for the original game when it came out, once for the Platinum Edition, once for the Diamond Edition (GOG) and now this. Why? Because official up to date Linux support this time around. No WINE/POL/VirtualBox, just plain old tasty Tux Time gaming! I'm currently doing spinny circles on the ground a la Curly going 'WOOOO woo woo woo woo woo woooooo!'. Trying to be patient here. Not succeeding. :)
    ronaldoBelgarathMTHJuliusBorisovgugulug5000
  • CluasCluas Member Posts: 355
    Thanks @JuliusBorisov - I enjoyed this ..
    Looks like they are having fun. There was some good new info too ... (in between all the joking) : P
    JuliusBorisovlolien
  • ReibornReiborn Member Posts: 156
    something I was wondering and will be great if you could speak about it during the stream, the spellcasting voice acting, what they actually say? should be hilarious to hear - cheers!
    JuliusBorisov
  • BlessedAdversaryBlessedAdversary Member Posts: 14
    Just got my t-shirt from the first stream in the mail..Thanks!
    scriverJuliusBorisov
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    @PhillipDaigle @TrentOster - I think next time we're going to need a guest appearance from the bigger beard!
    JuliusBorisovHunterRayder93
  • HunterRayder93HunterRayder93 Member Posts: 266
    I would like to see more detail and development plans in the next live streaming and the relase dates for steam as I play as steam as most of the users.
  • fkirenicusfkirenicus Member Posts: 331
    edited November 2017
    @JuliusBorisov :
    "All existing mods will be able to simply be loaded and played without any kind of editing/fixing/compiling. All saves will function the same. However, any modules created using the EE's new features will not be playable with the "classic" NWN (makes sense really)."

That goes without saying, then, I guess: If I update my mod (open-> save) with the EE toolset (version 1.74?) it won't be usable to players that are on 1.69 either?
    Post edited by fkirenicus on

@JuliusBorisov :
    "All existing mods will be able to simply be loaded and played without any kind of editing/fixing/compiling. All saves will function the same. However, any modules created using the EE's new features will not be playable with the "classic" NWN (makes sense really)."

That goes without saying, I guess: If I update my mod (open-> save) with the EE toolset (version 1.74?) it won't be usable to players that are on 1.69 either?

Correct!
  • fkirenicusfkirenicus Member Posts: 331
    edited November 2017
    So... Modules created on 1.69 (Diamond) will work for all, but modules created in the EE toolset will require the EE to play.
    That means that builders should be aware that if they create mods or make changes to existing ones with the EE toolset, these will not be playable for people who don't own the EE. Of course that's no problem if everbody owns and plays the EE, but I think that it should be emphasized that while the EE is backwards compatible, any changes made with the EE will (/at least may) break this compatibility.
    For me that means I have to have and use the 1.69 toolset for everybody to be able play my mods; whereas as if I want to make use of new improved toolset functionality I actually must use the 1.74 toolset - with the result that the changes I make there will only benefit EE players.
    This should be a most effective incentive for you guys to make the EE as good as it can possibly be; if it is, then everyone will prefer to play the EE version anyway. ;-)
    Dethangels_Shadow
  • JimbobslimbobJimbobslimbob Member Posts: 206
    Just got my t-shirt this morning and wanted to say a massive thank-you to Beamdog! I shall wear it with pride. <3

Sadly looks as if I will miss this weeks stream, but will be sure to catch the re-watch on Twitch or YouTube.
    lolienJuliusBorisov
  • T0R0T0R0 Member Posts: 86
    When is the next ?
    The livestreams are now weekly, they should start at 11:30 AM PST, Fridays.
    lolienJimbobslimbob
  • JimbobslimbobJimbobslimbob Member Posts: 206
    T0R0 said:

When is the next ?

Additional to Julius' comment, I will be adding them to our Steam group events if you want to be notified when they start and view them in your timezone. ;)
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/NWN-Players
    JuliusBorisovProont
  • HunterRayder93HunterRayder93 Member Posts: 266

Beamdog goes LIVE on Twitch Friday at 11:30am PST. Tune in for game news, NWN:EE updates, and chances to win!

Details! --> https://t.co/89JWPqRMTm#NeverwinterNights #NWNEE pic.twitter.com/2643eIz5RV

— Beamdog (@BeamdogInc) 29 novembre 2017

This Friday there is another live stream! I can not wait to find out more about this EE ... I have so many questions to ask ... what would you like to ask BD this time?
    JuliusBorisov
  • Dark_AnsemDark_Ansem Member Posts: 992
    There's a beamdog Facebook?
This discussion has been closed.