Skip to content

2.0 update ETA?

Comments

• AWizardDidItAWizardDidIt Member Posts: 197

The next patch is really close.

Tune in the livestream with Beamdog at 11:30 AM PST, December 1, we'll have more to share about patch 2.5.

http://blog.beamdog.com/2017/11/beamdog-live-tune-in-dec-1-2017-at.html

Oh awesome exciting news.
    JuliusBorisov
  • themazingnessthemazingness Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 702
    Redrake said:

The next patch is really close.

Tune in the livestream with Beamdog at 11:30 AM PST, December 1, we'll have more to share about patch 2.5.

http://blog.beamdog.com/2017/11/beamdog-live-tune-in-dec-1-2017-at.html

More news about the patch? How about the actual patch, for a change?
    Yeah, I know the feeling. I mean, we already know the patch is coming. So unless it is a solid ETA it won't be news really.
    Acrux2
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Come to the stream today, really.
    ThacoBellArdulStummvonBordwehrDragonspear
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    Do it and report back here for those of us who won’t make it ;)
  • RedrakeRedrake Member Posts: 426
    Indeed. Some of us are on the other side of the globe.
    And unless I learn that the patch has already been released (and I don't need the stream for that, the Beamdog client is enough), I have no interest in learning that it is still coming soon.
    Acrux2
  • BelleSorciereBelleSorciere Member Posts: 2,108
    And official patch sometime in the new year.
    JuliusBorisovProont
    Was it said whether it will be the last patch?
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286

They didn't say. Perhaps @JuliusBorisov could provide some insight.

AndreaColombo
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714

They didn't say. Perhaps @JuliusBorisov could provide some insight.

No information about it.
    AndreaColomboProont
    Guess I’ll keep my eyes peeled, then :)

The change log for this patch is looking pretty good from the public tracker. However there are a few items (4 especially) that I’m looking dearly forward to; if they don’t make the cut for 2.5, I hope there will be a 2.6 that includes them in the future.
  • RavenslightRavenslight Member Posts: 1,609
    Hmm…. Did I hear that right? Mr. Daigle said that he didn’t have cats? Care to explain this, sir? ;)

ArdulStummvonBordwehrCluas
    Did he say that? He said he had cat fur on his t-shirt.
  • RavenslightRavenslight Member Posts: 1,609
    Yes, and then I thought he said that he didn’t even have cats. It could be that I heard him wrong. Though in truth, most cats own their people, rather than the other way around. Maybe that is what was meant. :)
  • Dev6Dev6 Member Posts: 719

The beta version of patch 2.5 will be available next week. Steam, Android, and Beamdog launcher, I think.

No beta patch on GOG?
    Dev6 said:

The beta version of patch 2.5 will be available next week. Steam, Android, and Beamdog launcher, I think.

No beta patch on GOG?
    Nope.

Dev6 said:

No beta patch on GOG?
    Nope.

BelleSorciereProontFenghoang
    I mean of course the one EE I don't have outside GOG is Icewind Dale, but at least this is happening finally.

I mean of course the one EE I don't have outside GOG is Icewind Dale, but at least this is happening finally.

I have them all on GOG lol. Guess I'll just have to wait a little bit more, no harm done though I'd like to help out in the beta testing.
    Dev6 said:

I have them all on GOG lol. Guess I'll just have to wait a little bit more, no harm done though I'd like to help out in the beta testing.
    I have three on GOG and three on Steam. because reasons. And mostly because of GOG connect.

I set cheapshark to watch for deals and buy them wherever they're cheapest. Except PST, which I preordered.
    Dev6

Dev6 said:

I have three on GOG and three on Steam. because reasons. And mostly because of GOG connect.

I set cheapshark to watch for deals and buy them wherever they're cheapest. Except PST, which I preordered.
    I didn't know CheapShark existed! Thank you. :D
    BelleSorciere
  • RedrakeRedrake Member Posts: 426
    Dev6 said:

Same here, except I have only BG2 from Beamdog. The rest from GoG.

Minus NWN EE, obviously, but this one does not count yet.
    Dev6
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    How do I join this public beta for 2.5?

My IWDEE is the Steam version.
    Instructions for that are still to be released. The week has only started.
    Raduzielrede9
  • zenblackzenblack Member Posts: 100
    You have to wait until they announce it then apply. They will give instructions. They said they would do it sometime this week, so it will probably be Friday.
    Raduziel