Skip to content

What is the first thing you would do if you were a mod?

Comments

• deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    mlnevese said:

deltago said:

mlnevese said:

mf2112 said:

ThacoBell said:

This is intended to be a silly thread. What would be the first use of your moderator powers?

I would finally learn all the details of the "Hyper Chicken" incident.

Mod powers not needed for that. :D
    As long as you know where to look for that specif thread :)
    I know what someone's next assignment for the Wild Surge is. >:)
    Not me... that would be cheating :)
    Fine. You can do an in-depth analyst of the differences between the Baldur's Gate Novel and the game.

I think your decent into a depressed madness would be a fascinating read.
    mlneveseMontresor_SP
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @deltago See @Balrog99 is a volunteer for the novel review!
    Balrog99Montresor_SPdeltagololien
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    mlnevese said:

mf2112 said:

ThacoBell said:

This is intended to be a silly thread. What would be the first use of your moderator powers?

But, but, but, I looked through every archived thread for a three year span one by one.
    mlnevese
    ThacoBell said:

mlnevese said:

mf2112 said:

ThacoBell said:

But, but, but, I looked through every archived thread for a three year span one by one.
    o:)
    @mlnevese I am finding deleted users left and right by the way. WHEN I do find it, is there some kind of NDA?
    @ThacoBell I believe what happened during the betas is no longer under NDA... I would try to contact those who got the badge first if you want to know what happened :)
    ThacoBell
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    Balrog99 said:

deltago said:

mlnevese said:

deltago said:

mlnevese said:

mf2112 said:

ThacoBell said:

I know what someone's next assignment for the Wild Surge is. >:)
    Not me... that would be cheating :)
    Fine. You can do an in-depth analyst of the differences between the Baldur's Gate Novel and the game.

I think your decent into a depressed madness would be a fascinating read.
    Wait, there's a Baldur's Gate novel? It must be a wonderful piece of literature! Did it win any awards?
    No such thing ever existed, doesn't exist, and never will exist!
    ThacoBellmlnevese
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    mlnevese said:

@ThacoBell I believe what happened during the betas is no longer under NDA... I would try to contact those who got the badge first if you want to know what happened :)

A little secret, we already had a user go looking into this infamous badge and its origins. I may prod them in the new year to continue their search.
    ThacoBellmlnevese
    I have literally spent enough time searching for it to do a completionist run of BG1, SoD, and BG2 including ToB.
    mlnevese
  • taclanetaclane Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 364
    ThacoBell said:

I am finding deleted users left and right by the way. WHEN I do find it, is there some kind of NDA?

I saw the same dead-ends as well. I may not have had an account at the time, but I've been a lurker forever. Like a witness to a mafia execution, I have chosen to remain silent out of safety concerns for my family, and for my forum badges.

Best I can tell, users who knew too much were deleted, then the mods who carried out those orders were deleted themselves. It reeks of a professional clean-up job, and the conspiracy goes all the way to the top!

ThacoBellmlnevese TheArtisanlolien
    @taclane Not all mods... I believe I was already a moderator when it happened :)
    taclanelolien
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    I have no idea what you're all talking about, BUT I did read the first Baldur's Gate novel (yep, there was a sequel as well, which I did not read). No, I will not be posting a review. Fans of Korax (called Korak in the book) the ghoul and haters of Khalid will definitely want to check it out should also steer well clear of it.
    Balrog99mlneveselolienLadyEibhilinRhett
    @kcwise The fact you're still alive and mostly sane after perusing that forbidden tome is certainly worthy of praise for you mental resilience :)
    taclaneThacoBellkcwiselolien
    edited December 2017
    @Nimran You clearly had the protection of The Great Cookie while reading The Forbidden Tomes. The fact you forgot most of it is proof enough... So I'll praise The Great Cookie for protecting you...
    Nimranmf2112kcwiselolien
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    ThacoBell said:

I have literally spent enough time searching for it to do a completionist run of BG1, SoD, and BG2 including ToB.

Hmm, trying to think of a small hint....were you using the less-than-optimal forum search? It took me about 10 minutes between a couple Google searches and browsing a thread here in one of the forum sections I don't usually go into. I actually went past it the first time but then paged back and there it was.
    ThacoBellmlneveselolien
    Nope, first thing I did was go to every user that received the badge, and look through all of their discussions and comments from 2012-2013. Then I went through every archived thread for the same years. My google-fu is weak :(
    mf2112mlneveselolien
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    ThacoBell said:

Nope, first thing I did was go to every user that received the badge, and look through all of their discussions and comments from 2012-2013. Then I went through every archived thread for the same years. My google-fu is weak :(

I suspect you passed it over as I did the first time. Have you ever tried the site:sitename search option? Very useful....
    ThacoBellmlneveselolien
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    mlnevese said:

@Nimran You clearly had the protection of The Great Cookie while reading The Forbidden Tomes. The fact you forgot most of it is proof enough... So I'll praise The Great Cookie for protecting you...

Yes! PRAISE THE GREAT :cookie:!!
    mf2112mlneveselolien
    edited December 2017
    Maybe we could convince @JuliusBorisov to give an hyperchicken badge for those who discover what it was :)

BTW I found the hyperchicken thread using the internal search engine in less than five minutes... I was not a moderator when it happened but I was a beta tester back then :)
    ThacoBelltbone1
    This is maddening. I know where the name came from. I know what type of thread it was. I know who authored the thread. But I cannot find the thread. I think I'm losing my mind.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    mlnevesetaclaneThacoBell
    So the cleaning was not complete... I could just give a link to the thread you know :)

So hints...

Hyperchicken is written differently in the thread title...

The thread is from October 2012 :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    ThacoBell
    Nimran said:

mlnevese said:

@kcwise The fact you're still alive and mostly sane after perusing that forbidden tome is certainly worthy of praise for you mental resilience :)

I read the whole trilogy...

And all I can remember is that everyone dies, and Abdel embraces life as a nudist.
    I'm waiting for the Broadway musical version.
    mlnevese
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,366
    kcwise said:

Nimran said:

mlnevese said:

I read the whole trilogy...

And all I can remember is that everyone dies, and Abdel embraces life as a nudist.
    I'm waiting for the Broadway musical version.
    I think it would have to be X-Rated. I remember reading the 1st novel. I bought the 2nd novel at the same time but could never stomach reading it. The 1st one was THAT bad. If you're one who thinks Jaheira moves on from Khalid too fast in BG2, you'd be amazed how fast she cuckolds him in the novel. Truly pathetic storytelling...
    kcwisemlnevese
    The quality of the Realms novels was definitely uneven. I collected them for years, but after a while I stopped reading every one. Still, I'm sad the novel line went away. If nothing else even the bad novels have given me a lot of fun conversations over the years. :)
    mlneveseLadyEibhilinRhettBalrog99