Skip to content

What is the first thing you would do if you were a mod?

Comments

• mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @ajwz I could say a lot of things about the hyperchicken... but we all know the first rule :)
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I agree, @Shandaxx . Those were the very threads and comments I found in my search. I scoured the profiles of each owner of the badge for discussions and comments. Its all been scrubbed clean. I know @ajwz was the original and it was his bug report thread. But nothing else surfaces.
    edited December 2017
    @Shandaxx someday people will understand we hide the secret of the hyperchicken not out of a desire for its power but for their own protection...
    Post edited by mlnevese on
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Power...butt...power...!

POWERBUTT. THEY ARE ASSEMBLING THE BIG METAL UNIT! Hyperchicken must be code for the golden pantaloons. They have at least one of the three. We must keep our eyes open for other codewords.
    Note to self. Typos may start the looniest conspiracy theories. Study other potential typos that may hide the truth...
    OH HEY WE ARE WAY OFF TOPIC.

*ahem* If I was a mod, I would assemble the Big Metal Unit. (hah, smooth)
  • LadyEibhilinRhettLadyEibhilinRhett Member Posts: 1,078
    mlnevese said:

@kcwise The fact you're still alive and mostly sane after perusing that forbidden tome is certainly worthy of praise for you mental resilience :)

Psh. I've read it between ten and twenty times and annotated it in the margins. I have every last plot hole and sin against characterization underlined.
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    If I were a mod, I'd spend even more time in these forums than I already do (which would be detrimental to my ability to deliver anything of value at work/spend time with my GF/play the actual games).
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    edited December 2017
    I see that those first lessons on duolingo were long ago @Shandaxx :P
    Post edited by lolien on
    The first thing I would do as a mod would be to BAN SHANDAXX FOR NOT STAYING ON TOPIC!

Joke ofc <3
  • taclanetaclane Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 364
    Skatan said:

The first thing I would do as a mod would be to BAN SHANDAXX FOR NOT STAYING ON TOPIC!

Actually, that brings up an important question... If you're off-topic in the Off-Topic forums, does that mean you're on-topic after all?
    @Balquo Oh yes, that forum does exist. But for us mundanes, 90% is simply "This user and all content has been deleted". Don't worry, I was thourough in my searches ;)

If I was a mod, I would change the deleted user lines for comments to simply "Redacted"
    edited December 2017
    taclane said:

Skatan said:

Actually, that brings up an important question... If you're off-topic in the Off-Topic forums, does that mean you're on-topic after all?
    That's a deep philosophical question that deserves a thread of its own... is it possible to be off-topic in the off-topic forum?
    Post edited by mlnevese on
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    I would say the topics of off-topic are still on topic onto themselves.
  • Dev6Dev6 Member Posts: 719

I would say the topics of off-topic are still on topic onto themselves.

a-ha! but you can be off-topic to the current topic while in the off-topic forum!
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    taclane said:

Skatan said:

Hm, i think that would be (off-topic)^2 instead.
    taclane said:

Skatan said:

Off-topiception!

Mind. Blown.
    The mods are trying to give me a heart attack, I swear :#
  • taclanetaclane Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 364
    [Quickly gets back in the thread before a rogue mod locks it again.] :tongue: