Skip to content

2.0 update ETA?

Comments

• deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    FINALLY!

With the Beta, trying a Wild Northern run.

Human Skald, Half-Orc Shaman, Human Beastmaster, Human Totemic Druid, Half-Orc Fighter/Thief. Elven Dragon Disciple.

With no real tank in the bunch, and no one able to wear heavier than chain (and even then, my Skald may not wear armour to cast spells), I'll be relying on everyone's summons.
  • gibby290gibby290 Member Posts: 19
    If I play the beta, do my steam achievements work properly and will they stay 'achieved' when the game officially launches?
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    edited December 2017
    gibby290 said:

If I play the beta, do my steam achievements work properly and will they stay 'achieved' when the game officially launches?

Apart from the fact that achievements are not registering at the moment (if I'm not mistaken), yes, your achievements will stick if it moves from beta to official version (as far as I remember from the PST:EE beta).
    Post edited by Doubledimas on
  • BelleSorciereBelleSorciere Member Posts: 2,108
    If you do not have IWD on Steam and want to get into the beta, you can get the game for 75% off here.

If you do not have IWD on Steam and want to get into the beta, you can get the game for 75% off here.

So that deal's ended. I'm glad I got in when I did.
  • gibby290gibby290 Member Posts: 19

gibby290 said:

Apart from the fact that achievements are not registering at the moment (if I'm not mistaken), yes, your achievements will stick if it moves from beta to official version (as far as I remember from the PST:EE beta).
    Ahh, that's confirmed? Wonder if they have an ETA for enabling.
    gibby290 said:

gibby290 said:

Ahh, that's confirmed? Wonder if they have an ETA for enabling.
    Apparently the achievements are working now with the update available on Steam. And nothing officially confirmed: It's just that I've done the beta of PST:EE on Steam, got all achievements, and they neatly carried over when it became the official version on Steam.
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    Downloading the beta right now. Might try a solo shaman run just to look for bugs. Probably won't be able to get past Dragon's Eye but I seldom do anyway due to restartitis...
    So I have old 1.3 save games. Debating whether I want to start beta testing with those or start a new game.
  • thruddthrudd Member Posts: 96
    I Started 4 new Groups, Including the new Shaman class in one them. With the new Spirit outlines the game looks Incredible especially with the graphics turned high!!! its like playing a New Game!!!!!
  • Acrux2Acrux2 Member Posts: 51
    Has anyone tried mods with the 2.5 patch yet? I'm especially interested in knowing how well Might and Guile works, since it has some capabilities that are only available with 2.5.
  • GawainBSGawainBS Member Posts: 523
    Acrux2 said:

Has anyone tried mods with the 2.5 patch yet? I'm especially interested in knowing how well Might and Guile works, since it has some capabilities that are only available with 2.5.

Same here. Putting off another IWD run for this patch.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    edited December 2017
    The only mod I'm using is mine I Hate Undead and not a single glitch this far.

I'll do a quick second run to test the Bard, Monk and Wizard kits, as well as the yet-to-be-released Sorcerer and Shaman kits.
  • CvijetaCvijeta Member Posts: 417
    Will gog.com version of IWDEE have achievements?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    Cvijeta said:

Will gog.com version of IWDEE have achievements?

Still TBD.
  • mrjanemrjane Member Posts: 18
    Any word on when GOG will get the new update?
    mrjane said:

Any word on when GOG will get the new update?

They said it'll be updated when the 2.5 patch is officially released, which will be sometime in the new year.
  • mrjanemrjane Member Posts: 18
    Is there a way to opt into the beta on GOG Galaxy (or whatever)?
  • Green_KnightGreen_Knight Member Posts: 7
    mrjane said:

Is there a way to opt into the beta on GOG Galaxy (or whatever)?

No
    If you really want to get into the beta for any particular game, they're on sale on Beamdog and Steam right now.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • zenblackzenblack Member Posts: 100

Can someone with the 2.5 beta check stats.ids in Near Infinity and tell me the name of stat 115?

PROFICIENCYCLUB
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • zenblackzenblack Member Posts: 100
    Yes, I looked specifically at IWD 2.5.
  • oakheartoakheart Member Posts: 65
    Blowing the dust off this topic. Any news on the 2.5 update? (GoG gamer here). I'm still playing 1.something.
    oakheart said:

Blowing the dust off this topic. Any news on the 2.5 update? (GoG gamer here). I'm still playing 1.something.

Still in beta at the moment.

• oakheartoakheart Member Posts: 65
    It's Zeno's Paradox of a patch.
    oakheart said:

It's Zeno's Paradox of a patch.

It might feel like that yeah. But at least we get some more fixes in.