Skip to content

Suggestions Thread: Miscellaneous (Minor uncategorized tweaks and changes)

Comments

• PhenomenPhenomen Member Posts: 33
    edited December 2017
    Adul said:

I'd like a gameplay setting for max HP on level up. Probably shouldn't work in multiplayer, unless it's also a server setting.

this option is already available in nwnplayer.ini (look for Max Hit Points). To use it in single player you will have to load module through nwserver though.

• CutlassJackCutlassJack Member Posts: 493
    Not sure if this is the correct thread to list this, but the description in chararacter creation for the Weapon Restrictions of Haflings/Gnomes is not accurate.

First, they can use Bastard Swords, just as two handed weapons. And it should be mentioned that they use other M sized weapons as two handers as well. Which is useful information at creation if you had plans for your off hand.
    Kenji
  • MalisharaMalishara Member Posts: 16
    I've already suggested expanding the chat window to the full width of the client... another, related suggestion for the vision impaired: create a new vision impaired font, 3 times larger than the high resolution font. I know someone that could REALLY use this. We'll need that expanded chat window with it, though. ;)
    ProontBarry_1066leeux
  • BradgeBradge Member Posts: 24
    If they're going to add an additional vision-impaired font, they should choose one that is sans-serif, mono spaced or Roman for the sake of dyslexia.

https://blog.dyslexia.com/good-fonts-for-dyslexia-an-experimental-study/
    ProontJBDD
  • FluentFluent Member Posts: 74
    Hello everyone!

My humble request would be a slight tweaking of the Camera Turn speed, at least in relation to Drive Camera mode.

When using the Steam Controller in 4K, the turn speed of the camera is a bit too fast and disorienting even on the lowest level.

And if anyone is interested, I'll be updating my Steam Controller "Fluent Controls" profile for the EE and uploading it soon. You can check out the older version, which is still uploaded, but it is a bit outdated. I have new, interesting things to add to make it better, and so far it's working really well with the EE (just need that camera speed turned down a bit.)

Cheers! :smiley:
  • HeavylineHeavyline Member Posts: 108
    Simple suggestion: Replace the Hordes of the Underdark main menu theme with the Original :)
    StilleVandeRandomPersonWomanek
  • StilleVandeStilleVande Member Posts: 9
    edited December 2017
    I have a request if possible.

Would it be too hard to put a "TV Mode" in the video section? Increase font size like 200-250% .

This would make text legible when you are sitting 15 feet from a 42' TV. I think this would be a grand addition and would benefit TV users and visually impared alike. :smiley:
    Post edited by StilleVande on
    Proontsuperfly2000Dethangels_ShadowMatch451
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    I have no idea how hard this is to implement (and intuitively, I think it might be hard), but a "run away" command for followers would be absolutely fantastic. Very often, a henchman will be taking a beating, and I just want them to back off and let a tankier character handle it.
    RifleLeroyProont
  • KenjiKenji Member Posts: 251
    edited December 2017
    A copy and paste function for the chatbox would be nice.

Edit: as suggested by @Kymus
    BalanorProontFlashburn
    I keep thinking of new things :/

I would appreciate an "always run" button. It's pretty annoying when I want to get somewhere nearby, quickly, and my character just walks there. Obviously I can just use the arrow keys, but that doesn't work well if the movement involves tight turns.
    superfly2000Proont
  • superfly2000superfly2000 Member Posts: 76
    Even a "cruise control" button like in world of tanks.
    Dethangels_ShadowProont
  • t3hyoshit3hyoshi Member Posts: 1
    I'm not seeing this request and I'm honestly not sure if it should go here or in the Beamdog Client forum, but is it possible to get a shortcut for the DMClient within the Beamdog Client?
  • Dethangels_ShadowDethangels_Shadow Member Posts: 10
    Okay... here I go....

Back in the day, I wanted a number of things.... most never were implemented. The line, "it's hardcoded" was often given as a response....

One of the things I would like to see:

Currency:
    I would like to see more than simply "gold." This is important for a few reasons. First, and foremost, in D&D, not every drop should be gold. In fact, in most cases, it is far more likely to be copper or silver. Furthermore, in Faerun, different governments accept different currencies. Some will accept common currency, while others can be far more specific; even outrightly outlawing "common" currencies. Many cities and/or regions have their own types of currency. Yes, they may have a GP equivalent, but, it appears that GP is a "hardcoded" thing. Programatically, I believe it is simply an integer, therefore it cannot have a "real" value (as would be required for such things.)

What I would like to see is a way to extend the currencies. Initially, I would like to see support for PP, EP, GP, SP and CP. Many treasure finds should result in CP, and/or SP, but certainly not GP. Programatically, I could see that older modules would not limit themselves by such values... however, new ones should be able to take full advantage of this system.

I do recall that there were "work-arounds" utilizing pseudo-coins (pirate coins or module-specific coins perhaps?), but that was not truly in tune with the rules. I'd really like to see the currency system being far more accessible for GMs, and perhaps even supported in-game.... at least as far as the traditional CP/SP/GP/EP/PP thing goes.

Ultimately, I'd love to write an extensible system for different currency systems. However, it is imperative that support for SP and CP values be established.
    If there's any question... at least for 3rd Ed:

3rd Edition Currency
    In 3rd and 3.5 editions of D&D, the currency system is in decimal form with each coin worth ten coins of the next highest value denomination:[9][10]

1 platinum piece = 1 platinum
    = 10 gold
    = 100 silver
    = 1000 copper

In 5e:
    5th Edition Currency
    In 5th edition D&D the currency system follows the proportions of 3rd and 4th editions, with the exception of the electrum piece, which is again worth 5 silver pieces as in 2nd edition:[1]

1 platinum piece = 1 platinum
    = 10 gold
    = 20 electrum
    = 100 silver
    = 1000 copper

That said, there are a number of regionally accepted currencies. Cormyrian Lyons, Trade Bars, Waterdavian coins, etc. It'd be nice to segregate the various coins one may accumulate. Obviously, the total value of your currency could be expressed in GP.... but it's extremely likely to be fractional, at best.

So, initially, I would like to see the generic categories supported.... PP, EP, GP, SP and CP....... then, a way to extend that to support additional "regional" currencies. Perhaps some civilizations won't accept traditional currency? Perhaps they value one metal over another? Regardless... we need more access to that aspect of the system.
    Dark_AnsemNeverwinterWightsProontRandomPerson
  • 1varangian1varangian Member Posts: 367
    edited December 2017
    Adul said:

I'd like a gameplay setting for max HP on level up. Probably shouldn't work in multiplayer, unless it's also a server setting.

Edit: Another one—I'd like to be able to see my XP even when my character is ready to level up. I've always found it annoying that the level up button completely obscures your XP counter.

I'd also like to see an AVG HP option on level up. Max hp isn't balanced and it favours high HD classes a great deal. This is important for multiplayer balance.

Rolling for HP is bad as it can result in inexplicably weak PC's. If you can reroll like you could in original NWN it also becomes a ridiculous reroll fest and very unfair for players who don't cheat and accept the first roll.
    superfly2000
  • BelleSorciereBelleSorciere Member Posts: 2,108
    Can we get the area/map name to appear on the minimap or some other place in the UI?
    superfly2000JimbobslimbobNeverwinterWightsProont
  • voidofopinionvoidofopinion Member, Moderator Posts: 1,248

I wouldn't...

I think about repricicing thousands of weapons and armor, as well as hundreds of shops and loot tables and I want to cry.

:s

NeverwinterWightsThorsson

Adul said:

Edit: Another one—I'd like to be able to see my XP even when my character is ready to level up. I've always found it annoying that the level up button completely obscures your XP counter.

Rolling for HP is bad as it can result in inexplicably weak PC's. If you can reroll like you could in original NWN it also becomes a ridiculous reroll fest and very unfair for players who don't cheat and accept the first roll.
    I've never had a DM enforce rolling for HP in a physical PnP game and it makes dealing with (x) Hit Dice for an encounter a lot easier to plan for. A 5 HD rogue with 6 hit points really messes with... Well, everything.
    NeverwinterWights
    I thought the hit die roll was not "pure"...that is....that it actually couldnt be too low (that was a patch fix for NWN a long time ago if I remember correctly. If I remembered it wrong I definately would like to see this option added.

Another thing that just struck me. Option to remember what the player has mapped and player map pins over server restart (mostly a MP problem I guess).
    Proont
    Yeah, NWN hit dice cannot roll below half the maximum. Any result that would be below that threshold is increased to that threshold (so a 1d8 hit dice basically has four 4s, a 5, a 6, and 7, and an 8).
    superfly2000Proont
  • MalclaveMalclave Member Posts: 47

Adul said:

I've never had a DM enforce rolling for HP in a physical PnP game and it makes dealing with (x) Hit Dice for an encounter a lot easier to plan for. A 5 HD rogue with 6 hit points really messes with... Well, everything.
    I have... it can be interesting. The Rogue 5 with 6 hp is a bit extreme (approximately 1/4000, I think?).

That said, I think the RPGA's Living Campaigns used to do something like max at levels 1 and 2, and then average (rounded up) after that. That seemed to work well.
  • ShadowMShadowM Member Posts: 573

Adul said:

LOL, Wow I DMed PNP for 30+ years and gave max hp only on 1st level and never had any problems with setting up encounters or players not having a great time playing. LOL at 5 HD rouge with 6 hp.
    ShadowM said:

Adul said:

LOL, Wow I DMed PNP for 30+ years and gave max hp only on 1st level and never had any problems with setting up encounters or players not having a great time playing. LOL at 5 HD rouge with 6 hp.
    Funnily enough that's a real world example.

Poor guy always rolled low for anything important and decided he was going to play a glass cannon sneak attack machine... Don't think he was expecting to be that glass of cannon. And an investment on con wouldn't have gone amiss.

Granted it's an extreme example and an obvious fringe case. Rolled HP works just fine more often than not.

:D
  • TheGmorkTheGmork Member Posts: 37
    Something that sounds simple, but probably is not

-A drop down list in creature and placable properties that lest you add visual effects to the object.
    superfly2000ProontRandomPerson
  • JFKJFK Member Posts: 214
    The ability to hide or otherwise screw with the compass would be nice for builders and DMs.

-JFK
    Proont
    - Possibility to right klick mobs inside an encounter creature list and to edit directly from there instead of having to find it in the toolset.

- General improvements to how encounters are created and work (especially with MP and persistency in mind).
    shadguyRifleLeroyProont
  • Match451Match451 Member Posts: 54
    edited December 2017
    During character creation, when choosing your character's appearance, it would be nice to be able to rotate your character model with the mouse, as well as being able to zoom in on your character.

[Edit]
    Also, implementing a feature that indicates which spells your Wizard has learned by hovering the mouse over them would be welcome.
    Post edited by Match451 on
    BelleSorciereleeux
  • LeaAndersteenLeaAndersteen Member Posts: 2
    I'm not sure if it's the right place for that suggestion: it's MANDATORY but uncategorized: AUTO DOWNLOAD OF THE HAKPACKS when u are connecting on a mod!

little thing: make links active in the server description
    little thing: make the server description more complete: more text and BBCODE stuff
    little thing: add serveur version in the server list
    superfly2000
  • fot1fot1 Member Posts: 74
    I have some (mostly logging) suggestions:

1) Combat log lines often occupy two or three lines. Make the combat larger, to avoid the line breaks.
    2) Combat log filter: Filters like damage I have took, damage all have took, damage I have done, damage all have done, only saves, etc can really make it easier to follow a large scale combat. I'm not 100% sure what those filters might be exactly
    3) Chat log filter: All / NPCs only / PCs only
    4) Possibly extra log: Remove server messages from the combat log. Or add a filter for it.
    5) Fix scroll log bug. I'm talking about the bug that if you are in the middle of the log, resize it to get bigger, there is a lot of output and you resize to be smaller prior going to the bottom, you can't read the bottom lines
    6) Fix the character sheet attributes display
    Proont