Skip to content

Beamdog streams

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714

There's a beamdog Facebook?

Sure! https://www.facebook.com/Beamdog/
    Dark_AnsemProont
  • Dark_AnsemDark_Ansem Member Posts: 992
    Thanks! Something new every day.
    JuliusBorisov
  • saramakossaramakos Member Posts: 19
    Just wish there was a way to win those amazing T-Shirts besides the Twitch streams... They are around 03:30am for me :(
    Proont
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Important! Today's livestream has been moved to 10am PST. Sorry for the confusion!
    lolienJimbobslimbobProontBelleSorciere
    The stream is now available on Youtube:

spacejawslefreutHunterRayder93lolien
    lolien
  • voidofopinionvoidofopinion Member, Moderator Posts: 1,248
    Formal Request to have the weekly show renamed to "Streamdog"

Thank you.

o:)
    lefreutJarrakulProontNeverwinterWights
  • Dethangels_ShadowDethangels_Shadow Member Posts: 10
    Man.... how I wish I could participate... but a stream at 2:30pm EST, and on a Friday no less, is generally right in the middle of "all the Nine Hells breaking loose"....
    Don't suppose we could get a stream on a weekend, every once in awhile (monthly perhaps??) ? :wink:
  • HunterRayder93HunterRayder93 Member Posts: 266
    I do not know if it's the right place but I wanted to ask if in the version of steam you planned to insert the archivement, and one thing that many on the forum Steam and BD are wondering, it would not be bad, and according to me verrebber or many ideas for many archivement for NWN: EE
    Today's Stream:

The recap is in the process.
    voidofopinion
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    So when does this new patch actually ship and what is this about trello? Is it beamdog's end only?

TR
    Sylvus_Moonbow
    edited December 2017
    As the author of 101 things wrong with NWN2 and a former OEI Community Representative you have no idea how much joy you brought to my heart when I heard you have no desire to follow in that direction.

Thank you.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
  • ShadowMShadowM Member Posts: 573

The recap is in: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/67610/december-8-livestream-recap#latest

As for the patch ETA: we found a last-minute issue that would cause the game to break for a bunch of Head Start players. We don't want to ruin anyone's fun over the weekend, so we've pulled the plug on this patch.

Any ETA on on fix for the break and patch release like maybe this next Friday or wait til after the holidays? Glad you caught it and no rush even if it after the holidays.
    ShadowM said:

The recap is in: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/67610/december-8-livestream-recap#latest

As for the patch ETA: we found a last-minute issue that would cause the game to break for a bunch of Head Start players. We don't want to ruin anyone's fun over the weekend, so we've pulled the plug on this patch.

Any ETA on on fix for the break and patch release like maybe this next Friday or wait til after the holidays? Glad you caught it and no rush even if it after the holidays.
    Can we just skip that one and get a hot fix for the patch of the fix that fixed the patch of the previous fix?

;)
    ShadowMProont
  • gugulug5000gugulug5000 Member Posts: 248
    Question for the stream: any ETA for 2.5 Dragonspear?
    Don't miss today's livestream with Beamdog at 10:00 AM PST. What questions do you have for Trent Oster and Phillip Daigle?
  • dafenadafena Member Posts: 74

Don't miss today's livestream with Beamdog at 10:00 AM PST. What questions do you have for Trent Oster and Phillip Daigle?

Tinteable VFX? And maybe soft shadows? That would be amazing!
  • JimbobslimbobJimbobslimbob Member Posts: 206

I have a question for Phill - when are we going to see him fight (and die repeatedly) to this dragon-sized cat?
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481

Why did you break backwards compatibility with the movies? Why not run both bik and wbm in parallel? Now any community made bik movie has to be converted.

TR
    Proont
    Today's stream:

The recap is in: http://blog.beamdog.com/2017/12/december-15-livestream-recap.html

P.S.
    @TarotRedhand

As answered in the livestream, - licences (we don't have licences for newer bink and miles releases). On the plus side, going forward, webm and mp3 will be much better for new content.
  • BelleSorciereBelleSorciere Member Posts: 2,108

@TarotRedhand

As answered in the livestream, - licences (we don't have licences for newer bink and miles releases). On the plus side, going forward, webm and mp3 will be much better for new content.

That's unfortunate, given one of the goals is to not break compatibility.
  • gugulug5000gugulug5000 Member Posts: 248
    Will there ever be a Trello board set up for the Infinity Engine games so we can vote on new features to add to them?
    I'm not sure what this means: "We have four guiding principles with regards to Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition:
    Do not break backwards compatibility;
    Do not change - unhardcode and open up for modding/extension, and add new functionality;
    Step forward slowly and try to keep it stable;
    New content is king."

Did I get that right: do NOT change, unhardcode and open up for modding extension? So basically leave things as they are?
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    edited December 2017

Did I get that right: do NOT change, unhardcode and open up for modding extension? So basically leave things as they are?

I think they mean do not change BUT INSTEAD unhardcode and open up for modding/extension, and add new functionality. The '-' is a bit ambiguous but I think they do not want to go in and mess everything up, just unhardcode stuff so modders can run rampant with new stuff.

Dark_Ansem
    edited December 2017

I'm not sure what this means: "We have four guiding principles with regards to Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition:
    Do not break backwards compatibility;
    Do not change - unhardcode and open up for modding/extension, and add new functionality;
    Step forward slowly and try to keep it stable;
    New content is king."

You can check the comment by @TrentOster here (about those principles): https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/931359#Comment_931359

As I can see from the livestreams, there won't be changes to the original content, so that the game can remain as backwards compatible as possible. But instead, we're going to improve the capability of modders so that modders can add/edit current content a lot more easily.
    Dark_Ansem

I mean don't just make changes in the rules / code / systems for changes' sake. The game is played by many people in the current state and going in to "fix" something we think is broken could do a lot more harm than good. Instead we will strive to open up the implementation and allow the community to experiment to find better options.

Ahh, thank you. Now it makes sense.
    JuliusBorisov
This discussion has been closed.