Skip to content

Did you know?

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315

Thieves below level 6 have been unable to set traps for quite some time now. This is because the set traps opcode's "minimum level" parameter is set to 6.

This have a redmine ticket?
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    edited December 2017

Thieves below level 6 have been unable to set traps for quite some time now. This is because the set traps opcode's "minimum level" parameter is set to 6.

Is this specific to pure thieves? Because I just laid a trap at level 5 just fine, and it triggered no problem.
    Balrog99 said:

Pantalion said:

Did you know you can pickpocket the pearls off the Sirenes in the Temple for an easy 400 GP? Because honestly it never occurred to me before.

The priest has a couple nice potions too. Your ferret can swipe the whole lot (not recommended if you're doing no-reload).
    I robbed the priest some games, just never thought to rob the oysters hanging around next to him for some reason.
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    Pantalion said:

Did you know that the cursed potions of healing, which heal nothing and simply curse the imbiber with a drunken stupor, have a higher selling price than regular potions of healing that miraculously restore an average person of all their injuries?

People will pay anything to get their crunk on, apparently.

I always steal those and hock with the few vendors that have em (more with mods). Better than most gems we find.

Heh, at least it is realistic when compared to RL. Bath salts, gas, glue,frogs, just pick ya poison. Lawd.
    Frogs, thats what we need, good ol giant frogs near the swamps. B)
    Montresor_SPStummvonBordwehrProontlolien
  • PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858
    edited December 2017
    Pantalion said:

Is this specific to pure thieves? Because I just laid a trap at level 5 just fine, and it triggered no problem.
    This is specific to BG2EE (and by extension all EET setups). If you do it in BGEE or SoD outside of an EET setup it works perfectly fine.

PantalionJuliusBorisovlolien
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    Did you know we had a major interstate style pile up on the "Three word story maker" thread yesterday for Christmas? People were gettin rear ended, tboned, verring off into the ditch, gettin ninja'd left and right. it was a sight to see and fantastic :) , hehheh.
    Thanks ;)
    Balrog99Aerakarlolien
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100

DJKajuru said:

Here's a new one:

Hurgan Stoneblade, the dwarven fellow who sends you on a quest to Durlag's tower, makes a cameo appearance in SoA during Lord De Arnise's funeral. He has no comments about you or the whole Durlag quest.

I only just recently decided to ask for a reward for the Durlag's Tower quest, and he's promised me a magic war hammer. I have a sneaking suspicion I won't ever see it, though.
    You will. It’s not that good though.
    mlneveseWise_GrimwaldProontlolien
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    Grum said:

DJKajuru said:

Here's a new one:

Hurgan Stoneblade, the dwarven fellow who sends you on a quest to Durlag's tower, makes a cameo appearance in SoA during Lord De Arnise's funeral. He has no comments about you or the whole Durlag quest.

I only just recently decided to ask for a reward for the Durlag's Tower quest, and he's promised me a magic war hammer. I have a sneaking suspicion I won't ever see it, though.
    Since you can just pick pocket it, you can "see it" well beforehand, but if you do, the outcome will be your Chaotic Evil murder hobo saying "we need no reward for this virtuous deed" or somesuch nonsense.
    Montresor_SPWise_GrimwaldProontlolien
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    Pantalion said:

Grum said:

DJKajuru said:

Here's a new one:

Since you can just pick pocket it, you can "see it" well beforehand, but if you do, the outcome will be your Chaotic Evil murder hobo saying "we need no reward for this virtuous deed" or somesuch nonsense.
    Guess you'll have to make up for it by bonking him on the head with his own hammer. :naughty:
    Wise_GrimwaldProont
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428
    Grum said:

Eh, at least it sells pretty well. I just really despise getting railroaded into fighting a demon for free.
    Wise_GrimwaldPantalionProont
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    However, you do get plenty of experience. :)
    ThacoBellProontlolien
    That's how I did it. Sorry that you had to work it out for yourself. I didn't see your question.
    I'm pleased that you are going to report back on your game. Mine ended prematurely.
    JuliusBorisovProontlolien
  • That's how I did it. Sorry that you had to work it out for yourself. I didn't see your question.
    I'm pleased that you are going to report back on your game. Mine ended prematurely.

Think nothing of it. Twas the work of but a moment. You hardly had time to respond.
  • Contemplative_HamsterContemplative_Hamster Member Posts: 844
    edited January 2018
    @Wise_Grimwald

Cool! So, I could play a charname called Minsc as my charname, with Minsc' script, and the game would be none the wiser? And, say, the BG1 NPCProject would fire off banters with everyone as if charname was Minsc?

And what about npc-specific quests? Would they launch as usual, too? Would Edwin-Charname launch his, ahem, transformative quest for the oh-so-aptly-named Nether Scrolls in BG2?

Oooooooooooooooooh the possibilities!
    Post edited by Contemplative_Hamster on
    Montresor_SPProontlolien
    edited January 2018
    Contemplative_Hamster said:@Wise_Grimwald

And what about npc-specific quests? Would they launch as usual, too? Would Edwin-Charname launch his, ahem, transformative quest for the oh-so-aptly-named Nether Scrolls in BG2?

I think not, and I think that the script would only work if the character was not the PC.

However it costs nothing to try it out.

My idea was purely and simply to get NPCs into SoD.
    Montresor_SPStummvonBordwehrProontlolien
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208

@Wise_Grimwald

Cool! So, I could play a charname called Minsc as my charname, with Minsc' script, and the game would be none the wiser? And, say, the BG1 NPCProject would fire off banters with everyone as if charname was Minsc?

I was more thinking like, would Edwin and Charname-Minsc, or Minsc and Charname-Edwin, leave the party and fight to the death? Would that count as a Game Over since Charname is no longer in the party? And of course if Charname-Edwin or Charname-Minsc comes out second best in the battle.
    You can always try it. I've no idea what would happen.