Skip to content

Did you know?

Comments

• ArdanisArdanis Member Posts: 1,736
    lroumen said:

send it to redmine for v2.5: every character needs a proper gender unless having a very good reason

Don't trigger the attack helicopters. It arms their missiles.
    ThacoBellProont
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    The weird genders have no impact on gameplay; you can't even see them without Near Infinity. I see no reason to fix them.
    PokotaStummvonBordwehrProont
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    edited December 2017
    If I were an npc, I would care!

What if those female courtesans were actually genderless or male o.O :lol:
    Proont
    Don't knock it 'til you've tried it.
    ArtonableusteelBalrog99
  • bleusteelbleusteel Member Posts: 523
    I haven’t tried it for a while, but if you give charname no gender BG2 crashes when you talk to Garren Windspear. I figured it was because the game makes his kid the opposite gender from charname. Like that’s supposed to make you want to rescue them more?
    semiticgoddessWise_GrimwaldBalrog99Proont
    It also crashes in SoD when you're trying to leave the Ducal Palace, as I discovered when I changed my main character's gender to something else. I only realized the problem when a developer mentioned the gender check.
    bleusteelWise_GrimwaldProont
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508

Don't knock it 'til you've tried it.

I meant that there would then be many mizhena-in-disguise walking around faerun.
  • histamiinihistamiini Member Posts: 1,428
    edited December 2017
    Did you know that F/M/T has more hp than F/M/C despite cleric having bigger hd than thief?

Baldur's Gate (con 18)

F/M/T 63 hp
    F/M/C 61 hp

Siege of Dragonspear

F/M/T 89 hp
    F/M/C 83 hp

Baldur's Gate 2

F/M/T 121 hp
    F/M/C 118 hp
    semiticgoddessDJKajuruStummvonBordwehrProont
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137

Did you know that F/M/T has more hp than F/M/C despite cleric having bigger hd than thief?

Certainly true at certain levels at higher Con bonuses (never at lower con bonuses), but not at the cap, and never after level 9.

Multiclass HP gives me a headache, but assuming max HP/level is on and you stick at 18 Con throughout:

161k cap:

F/M/T: 6/6/7 (60+24+42)/3 = 42 HP +4 Con x 6, +4 Con/3 = 67 HP.
    F/M/C: 6/6/6 (60+24+48)/3 = 44 HP +4 Con x 6 = 68 HP.

500k cap:

F/M/T: 8/9/10 (80+36+60)/3 = 58 HP +4 Con x 8, +8 Con/3 (2) = 93 or 94 with the way the game rounds multiclass HP.
    F/M/C: 8/9/8 (80+36+64)/3 = 60 HP +4 Con x 8, +4 Con/3 (1) = 93 HP. < Pretty sure the SoD cap the F/M/C has less HP, because the SoD cap is daft, the game rounds weird, and the F/M/T is only missing one third of a level of Con bonus (and yes, the game divides and rounds the con bonus because it's a colossal jerk, only gets simple after 750k Exp when every class is level 9 and the full 9x4 bonus applies).

At the 8e6 cap:

F/M/T will be level 18/17/22. (117+47+84)/3 = 82 HP, +4 Con x 9 (36) = 118 HP.
    F/M/C will be level 18/17/19. (117+47+92)/3 = 85 HP, +4 Con x 9 (36) = 121 HP.

9 levels of cleric = 72 HP.
    9 levels of thief = 54 HP.
    Thief get extra HP from level 10 (+6) versus a cleric's +2, since they get a tenth hitdie roll like mages do, so 74 HP vs 60 HP.
    Above level 10, Cleric and Thief each get +2 HP per level, and thieves end up with an extra three levels at the cap (+18 vs +24), so 92 vs 84. Difference/3 = 2.666. The "other bit" of the class on both of them is 54.66, so F/M/Cs hit the next integer, making a 3 HP difference at cap, and a more or less consistent 2-4 HP advantage for the F/M/C after 6.75e3 Exp when it gets its final cleric hitdie.
  • ArtonaArtona Member Posts: 1,077
    @Artemius_I - whoa, I had no idea. I need to check out if device actually works. :D
    StummvonBordwehrJuliusBorisovProont
    edited December 2017
    Pantalion said:

Certainly true at certain levels at higher Con bonuses (never at lower con bonuses), but not at the cap, and never after level 9.

Multiclass HP gives me a headache, but assuming max HP/level is on and you stick at 18 Con throughout:

161k cap:

F/M/T: 6/6/7 (60+24+42)/3 = 42 HP +4 Con x 6, +4 Con/3 = 67 HP.
    F/M/C: 6/6/6 (60+24+48)/3 = 44 HP +4 Con x 6 = 68 HP.

500k cap:

F/M/T: 8/9/10 (80+36+60)/3 = 58 HP +4 Con x 8, +8 Con/3 (2) = 93 or 94 with the way the game rounds multiclass HP.
    F/M/C: 8/9/8 (80+36+64)/3 = 60 HP +4 Con x 8, +4 Con/3 (1) = 93 HP. < Pretty sure the SoD cap the F/M/C has less HP, because the SoD cap is daft, the game rounds weird, and the F/M/T is only missing one third of a level of Con bonus (and yes, the game divides and rounds the con bonus because it's a colossal jerk, only gets simple after 750k Exp when every class is level 9 and the full 9x4 bonus applies).

At the 8e6 cap:

F/M/T will be level 18/17/22. (117+47+84)/3 = 82 HP, +4 Con x 9 (36) = 118 HP.
    F/M/C will be level 18/17/19. (117+47+92)/3 = 85 HP, +4 Con x 9 (36) = 121 HP.

9 levels of cleric = 72 HP.
    9 levels of thief = 54 HP.
    Thief get extra HP from level 10 (+6) versus a cleric's +2, since they get a tenth hitdie roll like mages do, so 74 HP vs 60 HP.
    Above level 10, Cleric and Thief each get +2 HP per level, and thieves end up with an extra three levels at the cap (+18 vs +24), so 92 vs 84. Difference/3 = 2.666. The "other bit" of the class on both of them is 54.66, so F/M/Cs hit the next integer, making a 3 HP difference at cap, and a more or less consistent 2-4 HP advantage for the F/M/C after 6.75e3 Exp when it gets its final cleric hitdie.
    I just double checked them manually with the game and the previous is correct, F/M/T will have higher hp (18 con) with every level cap than F/M/C. Like you said the function is awful, and it's so easy to make mistakes calculating it.

StummvonBordwehrWise_GrimwaldProont
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137

Two newly created, max Exp'd, ToB characters created and levelled in "normal" for maximum rolls.

You're certainly right that it's wonky, since they're both getting slightly more HP than they should.

I also created and capped an F/M/C in SoA as well: 124 max HP.

Given the discrepancy, it would appear that there's a bug in the way HP is being calculated on level up.
    histamiinilolienProont
    edited December 2017
    That's strange, must be a bug. Well did you know that the multiclass hp fuction is so awful that even computer makes mistakes calculating it?
    PantalionStummvonBordwehrBalrog99Proont
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    If there's a bug, report it! But first check how it works in the 2.5.10. Really, the beta period is probably the best time to report bugs!
    Wise_GrimwaldlolienProont
    edited December 2017
    Did some testing and it's the same with current version and beta:

Starting point, console 8000000 xp in, the max hp:

Vanilla 2.3.6.37 and 2.5.1.0

SoA FMT 124, FMC 124
    ToB FMT 125, FMC 127

EET 2.3.6.37

BG1 FMT 121, FMC 118

All have same max xp in BG1, so it seems like the starting point changes it somehow

So is that a bug or feature, do I need to do register additional time to report it? @JuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714

SoA FMT 124, FMC 124
    ToB FMT 125, FMC 127

EET 2.3.6.37

BG1 FMT 121, FMC 118

So is that a bug or feature, do I need to do register additional time to report it? @JuliusBorisov
    I don't know if it's a bug or a feature, - the devs will decide on your report. And yes, you do have to register on that site, but it's not as difficult as you might think. The main question here is: do you want to learn an answer to a certain question (and get the bug fixed if it's a bug).
    histamiiniProont
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    Max HP rolls? Sheer blasphemy ;) . Cut that mess off and go commando, full random HP the whole way, hehheh. :)
    histamiiniJuliusBorisov

SoA FMT 124, FMC 124
    ToB FMT 125, FMC 127

EET 2.3.6.37

BG1 FMT 121, FMC 118

I don't know if it's a bug or a feature, - the devs will decide on your report. And yes, you do have to register on that site, but it's not as difficult as you might think. The main question here is: do you want to learn an answer to a certain question (and get the bug fixed if it's a bug).
    Done.

JuliusBorisovWise_GrimwaldProont
    If you have the Teleport mod installed, you can also smuggle the Rift Device out of the sewers by simply teleporting to the surface. As long as you don't enter the Temple sewers while the Rift Device is in your inventory, you'll be safe.
    StummvonBordwehrAerakarProont
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,366
    Shandaxx said:

Did you know that it is really, really stupid to choose the "Single Weapon Style" proficiency for your bard in Icewind Dale:EE? Because when you get the "Lyre of Progression" well that one counts as a shield. So you don't profit anymore from your "Single Weapon Style" proficiency...

Instead you should choose the "Sword & Shield Style" proficiency for your bard if you plan on using the Lyre of Progression together with a melee weapon.

Does the Lyre work with 2-Handed weapons? I'm asking because you're allowed to have a 2-hander and a 1-hander + shield on the paperdoll now after v 2.0 and can switch between them. If the Lyre only looks to see if it's equipped maybe you can get the bonus spells w/o the drawbacks. I have the beta installed so I can check it out myself If nobody knows the answer...
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    Pantalion said:

Did you know that Oublek carries 3,000 GP on his person, and is prone to suicidal behaviours such as "standing near exploding phoenix guards the player summons right next to him"? He'll also hold onto the emeralds (though he'll already have paid you some of the gold from his 3k pot if you gave them to him).

Did you also know that if you have BGQE installed you can charm Oublek and get him to attack the baby wyvern that will kill him. You can then get the emeralds back plus the 3000 GP without loss of rep.

If you haven't got BGQE installed you may perhaps be able to get Nimbul to kill him, but the end result is nowhere near as certain.
    Montresor_SPStummvonBordwehrJuliusBorisovProont
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited December 2017
    Fallen Devas use the same script (devagood) as regular Devas.
    Montresor_SPWise_GrimwaldJuliusBorisovProont
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,014
    Does Minor Larloch's Drain kill the sword if cast by a magic-user as well (multiple times I would guess), or by thieves with UAI using scrolls?