Skip to content

The 2.5 Update Beta is HERE! Test, play, let us know what you think!

Comments

• BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 453
    It's unlikely the beta will come to gog, but the final version of 2.5 of course will be there. That's in a month or two.
    JuliusBorisovJBDD
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582

@burracus_max There's no beta for GOG.

In 2.3, you can greatly decrease lag problems in Multiplayer:
    - don't use any container on clients' characters
    - always let the host loot everything
    - don't save when a party member is dead
    - preferably, use party members 2-4, not 5-6 for clients

I have personally played 2.3 from Candlekeep to the Throne fight in Multiplayer, so you should be fine.

Thanx for all these tips. However, the beta should be ready for GOG also soon no?
    For me, slots 2-3 are the ones working without lag (slot 4 lags).... makes any sense?
    No, my friend. I'm pretty sure that the beta will never be available on gog. I'm certain that you will get the final product on gog, but not the beta.
    JuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    How is the testing going, folks?
    elminster
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462

I'm hoping for a new build after the holiday to ensure that the regressions introduced by the beta will be fixed before the final release.

In the meantime, I'm working on my UI mods to make them compatible with 2.5 :)
    AndreaColomboAdulJuliusBorisovFlashburn
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    lefreut said:

I'm hoping for a new build after the holiday to ensure that the regressions introduced by the beta will be fixed before the final release.
    Same here. I've completed a thorough run through IWD:EE (which I think needs the most fixing atm). I'll try again if/when a new beta comes out.
    JuliusBorisov
  • ParysParys Member Posts: 205
    @JuliusBorisov
    What will happen to all bugs report posted on redmine a several month ago. Will these bugs ever be fixed?
    Do They plan to restore Catmull-Rom scaling algorithm and fix blurry issue (Feature #26800) (internal #30719) (Bug #32711)?
    AedanlefreutAndreaColomboProont
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    This part is still relevant:

Full patch notes for each game will accompany the full release of the 2.5 Update

Worried about a fix or feature that didn’t make it into 2.5? Worry not! We’ve been listening to and recording your feedback this whole time, and we have some exciting plans for more Infinity Engine updates to come. Stay tuned!

After the holidays the team will review the feedback to this beta. They have been still adding to the list of fixed (in the full release) issues before the holidays.
    ProontJBDD
  • AngryPenguinPLAngryPenguinPL Member Posts: 1
    Hi.

Still no beta for GOG?

Anyway is any hope for redeem GOG version for Beamdog client? This should help in many cases. I mean somethings like your politic but in reverse way - buy on beamdog drm-free and request for steam key - so buy on gog or steam and request a beamdog client redeem. Is any hope?
    JBDD
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    Beamdog can verify that you have purchased the Beamdog version. They cannot verify that you have purchased the GoG version. So it's unlikely that that'll happen.

Even if you're not getting in the Beta, you'll get the proper patch once it's released.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    so was that tob bug where after you beat the final boss, after the solar talks, she starts attacking you again and you have to loop the conversation again [ by talking to the solar again.] to make it go to the final choice fixed yet?
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @megamike15 I don't think I've ever seen that bug. What version did you find it in?
    it's been an issue i've had since 2.0. it has occurred in all my runs.
    ThacoBell
  • tortuosittortuosit Member Posts: 63
    Guys, I've got UI issues here. UI backgrounds appearing with a time lag, flickering UI... is it just me (my BG1 EE SOD is heavily modded after all) or have others reported things like this as well? Sorry, cannot look closer this week,.. that's why I ask.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @megamike15 You should probably create a ticket for it on Redmine. If its not hitting every player, it might not have been reported before.
    JuliusBorisov
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    If your install is heavily modded it could also be a mod causing it. Could you do a vanilla 2.5 and verify the flickering is still there?
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    Also, SoD seems to be not part of the beta. You should check if you have the same issues without installing SoD.
    JuliusBorisov
  • rede9rede9 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,947

After the holidays the team will review the feedback to this beta. They have been still adding to the list of fixed (in the full release) issues before the holidays.

So next week?

• retrosicretrosic Member Posts: 8
    I know it's not a priority for 2.5, but I just wanted to pass by and mention my support for the Priest of Tempus kit in BGEE/SoD+BG2EE.

Tempus thanks you.
    ProontAerakarContemplative_Hamster
    Ehi! Now it is possible to change language without restarting the game! Cool.
    retrosicProontJuliusBorisov
    retrosic said:

I know it's not a priority for 2.5, but I just wanted to pass by and mention my support for the Priest of Tempus kit in BGEE/SoD+BG2EE.

Tempus thanks you.

theres a mod that already does that. https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/58941/mod-bgeenpc-tweaks-for-bgee-sod-bg2ee-eet/p1
    retrosic
  • retrosicretrosic Member Posts: 8
    I've got one installed for BGEE, but I didn't know there's also a version for BG2EE available. Thanks.
    Today will most likely be the last day of the beta (I will know better later). Don't forget to share your impressions (or updated impressions) in the survey.
    taclaneAdulNonnahswriterProont
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    edited January 2018
    This is a rather rough count, but I've come to the following numbers based on redmine.
    These are submitted bugs only, which means that they are in the internal tracker and thus truly a bug (but also include some features). I've left out the open bugs/features as the devs first need to determine if those are truly bugs or just someone's apparatus being wonky or whatever other reason.
    I've looked at the 'created at' date to see if they could be related to 2.4/2.5 patches. Might be off by some.

BG: 241 submitted bugs (19 from 2.4/2.5, therefore 222 v2.3 and earlier)
    BG2: 110 submitted bugs (9 from 2.4/2.5, therefore 101 v2.3 and earlier)
    IE: 168 submitted bugs (51 from 2.4/2.5, therefore 157 v2.3 and earlier)
    IWD: 51 submitted bugs (39 from 2.4/2.5, therefore 12 v2.3 and earlier)

But it could very well be that stuff is already fixed but not marked so in Redmine.
    Bugs fixed in next update: 220.
    AdulProontSam_Gusinda
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    I have two questions:
    Will the regressions introduced in the 2.5 update be fixed before the release?
    Will the background and sprite scaling issues be fixed for the 2.5 update?
    AndreaColomboParyslefreutRavenslight
    edited January 2018
    Now the holidays have spent, when is Beamdog going to decide if the beta must continue? @JuliusBorisov

Today will most likely be the last day of the beta (I will know better later).

Oh, then I must suggest an hotfix: https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/34797
    Post edited by rede9 on
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    rede9 said:

Now the holidays have spent, when is Beamdog going to decide if the beta must continue? @JuliusBorisov

Today will most likely be the last day of the beta (I will know better later).

Oh, then I must suggest an hotfix: https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/34797
    End of the beta does not necessarily means the official v2.5 version will be released immediately. We will probably see some more fixing going on before the final release.

From the blog:
    What’s next for the update? The team is currently going over all the feedback players have given in the Beamdog forums, Google Play, and through the 2.5 update beta survey. Developers are hard at work fixing issues found by the community and adding more fixes to what will become the 2.5 update final release. We’ll have more to share timeline-wise as we get closer to release.

JuliusBorisovAndreaColomboThacoBell
  • psycrospsycros Member Posts: 34
    Beamdog devs: please, please for the love of Helm bring back the full hotkey functionality we had pre-2.0. Please? There's no logic to limiting us to original BG hotkeys and its hell for lefties. Thank you for listening.
    Contemplative_Hamster